Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Utena Step
Re: For Anthy
Yeah, that'd work...
... but a Christian hardcore/metal/rap group?
(At least, that's how Rolling Stone describes them...)

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Off hand, I'd say Wiccan goth metal ska was stranger... now if only I could remember any googleable detail about the group that gave me that impression. All vampires and the goddess and bouncy horns and electric guitars.
- CD, yes, Far Beyond Too Much soup
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
You win.

-- Bob
---------
Eh?
"a but a Christian hardcore/metal/rap group?"
I never really cared about what some mag wanted to catagorize a band. I'm just for it if the music is good. Also I'm pretty sure Rolling Stone catagorized System of the Down as Armenian Rock. I would just like to know how many other bands are Armenian Rock? bleh Damn mag trying to sound smart by catagorizing things.

Shawn Earl
That was just my compression of their description. What Rolling Stone actually said was:
Quote:
At first listen, P.O.D.'s music sounds similar to that of Korn or Limp Bizkit - an amalgam of equal parts hardcore, metal and rap. What differentiates Sonny (vocals), Marcos (guitar), Traa (bass) and Wuv (drums) is the message of Christian morality and spirituality that their music carries, a message that is often subtle but always present.

-- Bob
---------
Heh... Ok then. I'm still not impressed with Rolling Stone enough to take their reviews of a band too seriously. They do have a Christian message in some of their songs but it isn't as pronounced as it was in their earlier albums. But then again if something leads people to believe that something exists, even if it does or not, those people will be more inclined to see it.

Shawn Earl
True enough. I wasn't trying to shoehorn them into anything, just reacting to what seemed to be an obscure and unlike combination of genres...

-- Bob
---------
Yea I can see that after being beaten with it. Smile It's just a pet peeve of mine. It's also not as rare combination either since I've seen it repeated quit a few times when I was in college the first time. It just hasn't been as successful yet. Smile

Shawn Earl