Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godzilla/Walk The Dinosaur
Godzilla/Walk The Dinosaur
Just downloaded the Was (Not Was) tune "Walk the Dinosaur" after one of those odd moments where random memories surface. I was watching an anime music video cobled together using footage from the Mini-Goddesses episode that did the Godzilla parody and using Blue Oyster Cult song "Godzilla". Odd train of thought that made me remember a certain posting on the forum, from thence to the song and a desire to download out of curiousity. Have I mentioned how tangentally my mind works? But I digress.
Which leads to the non-critical technical question of the day.
I think Bob mentioned that "Walk the Dinosaur" would be a good Godzilla summoning song. Obviously "Godzilla" by BOC would do the same thing.
Could Doug segue from one to the other seamlessly and get over 7 minutes worth of Godzilla rampaging around if he really needed it?
For a more general question - can he do the same thing with two songs that have the same effects in general?
More than one song of his gives him electrical powers and the ability to manipulate computers. If he needed extra time for effects, could he segue the two songs right after each other and experience no fade out of the effects at a critical moment?
Anyway - just my odd thought of the day.-Logan
-----------------
"So there I was, lying flat on my back, with my face pressed into the dirt, thinking, "Wait a minute, something's not rig..."
-----------------
Re: Godzilla/Walk The Dinosaur
I'm going to bump this thread since for some odd reason the main page isn't updating the most "recent post date" thingie. Let's see if this works.
(Edit: Okay - cool. It did.)-Logan
-----------------
"So there I was, lying flat on my back, with my face pressed into the dirt, thinking, "Wait a minute, something's not rig..."
-----------------
Quote:
I think Bob mentioned that "Walk the Dinosaur" would be a good Godzilla summoning song.
Well, only in a tongue-in-cheek way. It was in an omake, after all...
Quote:
Could Doug segue from one to the other seamlessly and get over 7 minutes worth of Godzilla rampaging around if he really needed it?
For a more general question - can he do the same thing with two songs that have the same effects in general?
I would have to rule this as a GM and say "no" -- that would be too powerful. On an in-story/game level, the discontinuity between the two melodic lines would put a "hiccup" in the interpretation by his magegift. You'll notice he has no medleys or suites in his repertoire... for this very reason.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
On a vaguely related topic, let's remember another famous song *from* a dinosaur. The purple one. I won't speak the foul name here, nor the lyrics. I don't want to know what that would do. I don't want to find out. What if it summoned that blasted purple dinosaur?
Quote:
What if it summoned that blasted purple dinosaur?
It would almost certainly violate certain strategic weapons accords. Doug would get court-martialed!

-- Bob
---------
You assume that they would wait? They might just shoot him.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Bob mentioned that "Walk the Dinosaur" would be a good Godzilla summoning song.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, only in a tongue-in-cheek way. It was in an omake, after all...

Why not just have a small godzilla appear on a leash something around a foot or so. The atomic fire could just be an illusion with doesn't do any damage. Watch out for the claws though.

Shawn Earl
Actually, someone suggested something like that in another thread somewhere...

-- Bob
---------