Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs Doug Should Never *EVER* Play
Re: Songs Doug Should Never *EVER* Play
Hooyeah. Just the phrase "the super demon-god will come" would send that one plonking into the helmet's recycle bin.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...
I dunno... that song could be played... it kinda speaks of a dark evil rising but then losing to a shining light....
I think the problem is that there is nothing specifically mentioned as a power Doug can use....
of course if his subconcious latches onto absolute destruction as a keyphrase.... >_
you know I wonder about doug's subconcious... if he reads a lyric sheet then hears the song. Will the instructions for the subconcious be any more clearer? even if the singer is still belting out the song through a jet engine?
Yeah, well, I was thinking more along the lines of
Quote:
The oceans and green earth will be shrouded and change
Everyone's world will be broken down with powerful evil
or
Quote:
The shining sun will rise no more, the wind will forever blow
The strength of darkness will destroy the peace of this world
- Aleh, who is currently working on a Ranma fic in which Kunou decides the only way to beat the 'Foul Sorcerer' is to learn his ways... and is currently running around wearing a black helmet and calling himself 'Darth Kunou'.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
1st time I posted here, but it looks like a fun place to start.
Songs that Doug should not have:
Eyes without a Face(a suicide song)
Dare to Be Stupid from Transformers
Seven Deadly Virtues(Camelot)
Fie on Goodness(then again most of the songs from Camelot don't lend themselves well to Doug's power)
Burning Up from Cutey Honey(Setting a city on fire is probably not a good idea)

Touch from Transformers would probably give Doug hands of steel.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
shindangaioh said:
Dare to Be Stupid from Transformers...
I do hope thats a parody of the original song.... you mean cause Dare is an awesome song. Smile
Dare to Be Stupid is a Weird Al Yankovich song.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
"Dare" is Hot Rod's theme, sung by Stan Bush (who also did "The Touch").
"Dare to be Stupid" is the Junkion's theme, and is an original song (not a parody of anything, though it's parody in itself) by "Wierd" Al Yankovic.
Both are good songs, and Doug might be able to use either of them at some point...
Offsides (who has AMV ideas for both of the above songs, and did one to "The Touch")Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
interesting ^_^ i didnt know that.
ill go hunt up the song now.
Has doug ever considered any of the Weird Al pop Polkas?
I shudder at the possibilities.

Skitz.
The polka medleys? No, he hasn't. And I shudder at the thought, too...

-- Bob
---------
Angry White Boy Polka - makes everyone in the area of effect an Angry White Boy for the duration, but they can't make up their minds about what they're angry about...
Offsides (ducking for cover)Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
(ducking for cover)
As well you should.

-- Bob
---------
Well, if Doug ever has a kid who becomes a supervillain, Weird Al's "Asshole Son" might be appropriate as a simulacrum song, but otherwise, I'd *STRONGLY* suggest that it belongs here.- "I suppose that, technically, the existance of the Association of Foul Sorcerers is my fault, but, damnit, I was joking when I told them that they should unionize!"
That's not a Weird Al song. It's been attributed to him, but the very title alone proves it's not his -- he doesn't do off-color material like that. See the second question on his FAQ page.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Point, then. I was just going by the attribution on my copy of the MP3. Still, the identity of who sang it doesn't change the suggestion.- "I suppose that, technically, the existance of the Association of Foul Sorcerers is my fault, but, damnit, I was joking when I told them that they should unionize!"
Feh... as far as people on the file shariong networks seem to be concerned, Wierd Al isn't an *artist*, he's a *genre.* While that might be flattering in the sense of showing his influence on comedy music in general, it's annoying to stickywidget pedants like me - I don't 'Xerox' I 'photocopy', unles it's a Xerox copier, and the only plastic blocks I call 'Legos' are the ones with that molded into them. Given the way that FAQ item was written, I doubt Al finds them very flattering either, let alone the musicians who actually recorded them!
- CD
edit: I just noticed that this is now page *8* of this topic... maybe it's time for a new one? I suppose it's not as bad as the eyrie forums where a long topic loads all in the same page, but still... I'm not a mod or anything, of course. Actually, the very thought is laughable, I know better than to rely on my judgement myself, let alone invite anyone else to do it.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: Another Song
Quote:
I mean, really, a determined-looking Shinji turning to the future with the wind of a thousand cliches blowing through his hair
Okay, this broke me.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Closing topic, start another if you like
OK, this will be post #143 in this topic, and it is even getting too big for me (nearly 3 full pages of 50 posts/page). I'm closing this thread, but please do not feel that the topic itself is being closed. If you have more suggestions, start a new thread (or add to a more recent one if it's on-topic to that), and we'll close it when it approaches 150 again Smile

Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large