Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robots for Everyone!
Robots for Everyone!
What do people think Doug's gift might do with the "Cubix: Robots for Everyone" theme tune?
Could be amusing in a BGC setting!
I suspect that it wouldn't be native to WW, and maybe Doug left before Cubix arrived in the media, anyway, but...
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Re: Robots for Everyone!
Another song I've never heard of...

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert
Cubix is a rather silly cartoon that was on either Fox or WB, I can't remember. I saw it once or twice on a saturday morning and decided it was rather not worth it...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
From Offsides, "I saw it once or twice on a saturday morning and decided it was rather not worth it..."

Most everything that makes it as a Burger King toy isn't all that great.

Shawn Earl
Cubix is an interesting show from several points of view.
For a start, it is a far as I know the first anime done completely with 3D computer graphics, and I at least find what they could and couldn't do with this quite fun. Look inside the character's mouths, for example.
The story is set in "Bubbletown", where everyone has a robot. The first series is set around Robix Corp, who makes all these robots. With, of course, very silly robot names (I wonder what the Japanese/Korean originals were?).
The fact that the tech the robots are based around is the EPU, "Emotional Processing Unit", is fun, as it leads to (over) emotional rather than the traditional unemotional robots. The EPU reminds me a bit of the DC Comics responsiometers (sp?) which powered their Metal Men superhero characters.
The main character is Cubix, and his owner Conner (ref to John Conner of Terminator?), and Cubix starts out broken and apparently unrepairable, and with a very limited parrot-like speech ability. Interestingly, what starts and seems to super-charge Cubix is emotional appeals like "I need you".
Cubix is a truely general purpose robot, like a Transformer, but far more so. The basic idea is quite clever, but the initial suggestion seems to be that he sacrifices intelligence for flexibility.
The bad guy as a truely deranged robotics super scientist can be fun, with the secondary bad guy interesting as well (I am avoiding spoilers here). The heroic scientist and engineer characters are quite fun as well, and some of the names chosen for them are interesting.
Yes, this is obviously a kids show, but I find its story lines far more interesting than obvious marketing vehicles like Beyblade.
And, it's got robots, lots of robots! [grin]
--
Hm. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks, Ace!

-- Bob
---------
Here's what you need to know, Bob..
www.cubixrobotsforeveryone.com
Ed.
I'm sorry, Ed, that's got to be one of the most annoying web sites I've ever had the dubious privilege of visiting. I am very glad I clicked that link while at home and not at work, because the damned thing is so loud, Peggy could hear it in the other room. It pretty much actively discouraged me from actually exploring the site...

-- Bob
---------
I did check/google to see if I could find any reasonable web sites to refer to, before I did my post, but I didn't find any, so I didn't.
This was one I looked at, but my (current) broadband machine deliberately has no sound card, so while I didn't think much of it's info content, noise wasn't a problem. In particular I couldn't find the lyrics anywhere.
All the info that I got was from watching Cartoon Network, and thinking about the show (I know, I think too much about robots! [grin] ).
Hope you find out as much about this show as you want, Bob, and no more! [grin]
--