Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power from Album Cover
Power from Album Cover
Now, Doug has at least one case of getting a power from a music video, so I wondered if the visuals on an album cover would do any good?
You see, he now has a flying bike, again (DW2:14), so I wondered if that could give him a Gate Song from Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell"?
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Re: Power from Album Cover
Yeah, but it'd be very specific. He'd have to start in Hell for it to work...

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert
Even so, when you're randomly hopping worlds, it would be a comfort to have a 'Get out of Hell Free (and FAST)' card, I would think. For that matter, it might be useful in the AMS step.
- CD, actually, the single biggest thing I'm looking foreward to in DW5 is K1's reaction to Doug's bike
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
'Get out of Hell Free (and FAST)' card, I would think. For that matter, it might be useful in the AMS step.
I can assure you that -- for DW5, at least -- Doug has no need of such a thing. Other characters, though...
Quote:
actually, the single biggest thing I'm looking foreward to in DW5 is K1's reaction to Doug's bike
And Skuld's, and Megumi's... and Ootaki's, and Tamiya's, and... well, you get the picture.

-- Bob
---------
I suppose it is how general or specific Doug's metagift sees the song/artwork as.
I could see it as "There is something really nasty behind me (particularly a single big bad guy) and as we are flying away on the bike..." followed by Doug Gating out in a burst of flame.
But, if you think it is specific to getting out of Hell...
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Bat Out Of Hell
If Bat Out Of Hell gets Doug out of Hell then it could also be usefull in the EVA step. Just imagine Gendo's face, when he hears that Doug has escaped from his cell in the deepest levels of the Geo-Front.
Of Course the question arises how Doug ever fond out what the song is usefull for. Considering the Motorcyle accident featured in the lyrics I would think, that he would hestiate to use such a song at all. On the other hand if he ever was in some sufficiently hellish place for the song to work, I could very well imagine Doug getting a I-have-to-get-out-of-here-fast-and-I-don't-care-what-happens attitude about it.
Of course any scences based on the album cover of "Bat out of Hell" would be hard pressed to beat Terry Pratchett's description of DEATH departing Unseen University in Soul-Music. :-)
Re: Bat Out Of Hell
Quote:
Of course any scences based on the album cover of "Bat out of Hell" would be hard pressed to beat Terry Pratchett's description of DEATH departing Unseen University in Soul-Music. :-)
Just as a side note, if you haven't seen the animated version of Soul Music, you should.

-- Bob
---------