Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too good not to share...
Too good not to share...
Not sure if this would have any bearing on Doug or not, but it was too amusing to keep to myself. I just heard a remake of the Beatles' "Yellow Submarine" - _in German_. And apparently there's a whole CD (15 tracks IIRC) of the stuff floating around out there somewhere. Now I know DOug doesn't speak German, but I have to wonder if his metagift would pick up on the fact that it's a familiar song, just in a different language. That could make for some interesting (and potentially disastrous) side effects if his tuneplug didn't filter it out properly...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
"Yellow Submarine"
There is a large number of people, who should not be allowed to do Beatles covers, William Shatner and Ringo Starr are among them. There must be many different covers of Yellow Submarine in german or any other language out there ranging from godawful to funny to actually not that bad. To let us in on the joke could maybe go a bit more into details?
The only german Yellow Submarine version I can spontaneously think of, is the one they use to sing in soccer stadiums to mock the bavarians. "Zieht den Bayern die Lederhosen aus!" (Strip the bavarians of their leather-pants!) It is probably a good thing, that Doug does not understand German as I don't want to imagine what his powers would make of that.
Re: "Yellow Submarine"
Sorry, that's all I remember about it. I did think it was decent, even if not great. Certainly listenable the entire way through without cringing (at least to this non-german speaker)...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large