I don't know where this comes from, and Google didn't help:
"I Gave My Soul to Santa"
I gave my soul to Santa
He put it in his sack
And now that he has got it
He will not give it back.
I sent it in a letter
Addressed to the North Pole
And there my memory runs out. It might have been a monolog or blank verse, rather than song lyrics, but I am not at all sure... I think I heard it about 10+ years ago, maybe from one of the alternative humour shows (on radio?).
Still, if it _is_ a (rather black) song, I would like to know what Doug's talent would make of it! [grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Re: Not safe Santa song
Huh. I've never heard of this. Could it be a local recording from near you?

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
> Huh. I've never heard of this. Could it be a local recording from near you?
Don't know... Racking my memory doesn't seem to help...
If you want some _really_ obscure songs, "The Goodies" released "Father Christmas Do Not Touch Me" one Christmas, with lines like "I don't like little girls, bigger ones are better!", and, "Santa Claus jumped down the flue and caught her unaware".
Then, there were Bill Odie's songs from "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again", such as the Brian Clough song, "President Nixon out and Cloughie in", which rather dates it, and his version of "The Rhinestone Cowboy" (just the chorus):
"Cactus In My Y-Fronts"
I've got Cactus in my Y-fronts,
A vulture on my head,
I've just been kissed by a Tennessee Miss,
And I wish that I was dead.
Do you like my high heeled horseshoes?
I got them from Paree,
Paree,
Paree.
But the cactus in my Y-fronts,
Made a loser out of me.

Which could be a very _personal_ attack song! [grin]
Bill Odie did a cover of "Wild Thing", which was quite good, and then there was "Funky Gibbon"...
--
The Goodies
Ah, geeze, the Goodies... except for a copy of "Funky Gibbon" that I recorded off a Dr. Demento show almost 20 years ago (and Tim Brooke-Taylor's cameo in "Willy Wonka"), I haven't seen hide nor hair of the Goodies since the 70s... Is their music still in print somewhere?
-- Bob
("And for me some scarlet gibbons,
Scarlet gibbons for my hair...")
-- Bob
---------
Re: The Goodies
> Ah, geeze, the Goodies... except for a copy of "Funky Gibbon" that I recorded off a Dr.
> Demento show almost 20 years ago (and Tim Brooke-Taylor's cameo in "Willy Wonka"), I
> haven't seen hide nor hair of the Goodies since the 70s... Is their music still in print
> somewhere?
Tom Brooke Taylor and Graham Gardens (sp?) still appear on the comedy quiz show, "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue", and Bill Oddie is a noted twitcher (bird watcher), these days. BBC Enterprises sells Goodies (and ISIHAC and ISIRTA) videos (?), audio cassettes, and DVDs, in the UK, last time I checked. I would expect you could get them in the US.
--
Quote:
BBC Enterprises sells Goodies (and ISIHAC and ISIRTA) videos (?), audio cassettes, and DVDs, in the UK, last time I checked. I would expect you could get them in the US.
At the very least I should be able to order them from Amazon.com.uk, although that won't do me very much good what with region codes and whatnot on DVDs. I'll have to look around and find out if anyone's released an American version.
Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
Region codes? We don' need no stinkin' region codes!
If you get them and have trouble, come talk to me - ve haf vays of making zis verk Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Well, if all else failed, I certainly would come to you, hat (and DVD) in hand. But I want to exhaust my options first before I impose on you once again.

-- Bob
---------
S'no problem - you been good to me, so I have no problem returning the favor Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Thanks, Josh.

-- Bob
---------