Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, my suggestions...
Well, my suggestions...
"As Good as it Gets" by Grand Theft Audio (Gran Turismo 3 soundtrack) - all I can say is if his metagift locks onto the chorus, you've got a damned inspirational song.
"Mother Dawn" By Billy Idol (Cyberpunk) - umm...well, this one screams Sailor Moon to me.
"99 Red Balloons" Goldfinger Remix - well, that could be messy, depending on where his metagift kicks in.
"Alive" by POD - Resurrection, healing? I dunno.
and now, for some downright silly ones:
From the Arrogant Worms:
"The Last Saskatchewan Pirate" - if for no other reason than having a pirate ship as backup would be cool.
"Santa's going to kick your ass" - hey, he wanted safe Christmas songs, didn't he?
From the Animaniacs:
"I Am The Very Model of a Cartoon Individual" - oh come on, do I even need to explain?
"The Anvil Song" - again, fairly obvious
"A Quake! A Quake!" - wait, maybe he shouldn't try that one.
and finally, from Monty Python:
"Spam." - 'nuff said.
--
Christopher Angel
- who thinks the OMG Drunken Walk would be cooler in the OMB universe ^_^
Re: Well, my suggestions...
Quote:
Chris, email me and let's talk about this.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
oh dear.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Quote:
Christopher Angel
That would be... different...
-------------------
Mason stood on a ledge overlooking the factory.
"So," he asked, "Just who is responsible for this mess?"
An older man, his hair just beginning to turn grey, spoke up. "We don't know, sir. We think that it was a hacker of some kind, but we can't tell for sure."
"Damnit," Mason cursed, staring at the newly-made 55-Cs, "Then find out! I want to know who reprogrammed the factory's computers to add built-in hockey masks and chainsaws to our products!"
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
"'Overreacting just a little?!' Chris, this universe is the first place, the first -time- that I've ever seen or heard of a real god acting like anything other than multiverse's biggest spoiled brat. Believe me, I grew up in Beverly Hills, I know brats when I see 'em."
"They're not -all- bad..."
"Neither is Elmira."

Blessed be.
-n
(I'll hug him and squeeze him and name him George and...)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
'Overreacting just a little?!' Chris, this universe is the first place, the first -time- that I've ever seen or heard of a real god acting like anything other than multiverse's biggest spoiled brat.
Well, other than Hexe. She's just arrogant. But she's got a right to be.

-- Bob
---------
And now, I actually get around to responding to Chris' suggestions...
Quote:
"As Good as it Gets" by Grand Theft Audio (Gran Turismo 3 soundtrack) - all I can say is if his metagift locks onto the chorus, you've got a damned inspirational song.
Know where I can find an MP3 of this? I don't play the game, and have never heard the song.
The other serious ones... More stuff I haven't heard. I've been meaning to buy Idol's Cyberpunk album for years, too... (and I can't right now, as I'm participating in the RIAA boycott).
Quote:
"99 Red Balloons" Goldfinger Remix
Nena's English version was on my shortlist for DW2, but I couldn't fit the scene into the plot. It was to be another faceoff between Doug and the Sabers; as a tornado of red balloons swirls around him, Nene announces the count of them with a puzzled tone. Priss realizes what song it must be and suggests an immediate retreat because of the "in this dust that was a city" line. The balloons themselves would morph into miniature jet fighters and missiles to be sent against them...
It would have been very cool. Oh, well...
Quote:
"The Last Saskatchewan Pirate" - if for no other reason than having a pirate ship as backup would be cool.
Pair this one up with "The Black Freighter" from "Three Penny Opera", which Nathan has been requesting of me for some years now.
Quote:
"Santa's going to kick your ass" - hey, he wanted safe Christmas songs, didn't he?
Quote:
From the Animaniacs:
All lots of potential fun here...
Quote:
and finally, from Monty Python:
"Spam." - 'nuff said.
What, not "Sit On My Face"?
Thanks for the ideas, Chris... Can't say they'll show up in DW2 -- that's pretty much set now -- but I've got at least 12 more Steps yet.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Goldfinger's "As Good as it Gets"
Their site is at www.grandtheftaudio.com. I think you can hear a clip with a bit of one of the verses and chorus there. Since the rest of their stuff is crap, I Kazaa'd that song some years ago.
Re: Cyberpunk and your RIAA boycott
Bah. Buy it used, like I did, since the RIAA hates that too. Besides, I think I saw it new for like $14 CDN the other day. $10 is more than fair for a kick-ass CD like that.
By the way, I sent an email to your eclipse.net account (the one linked to on the home page). I hope that worked.
Quote:
Well, other than Hexe. She's just arrogant. But she's got a right to be.

Storm gods usually are. When you control a force that is a) necessary for the survival of an agricultural-based civilization, b) difficult to hide from, and c) potentially extremely distructive, you're going to sprinkle arrogance over your Post Toasties in the morning.
My personal storm god isn't a god yet, and he's already arrogant enough to sound off to his father, the ruler deity. But that's a work in progress currently delayed by the death of a computer.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
I think you can hear a clip with a bit of one of the verses and chorus there. Since the rest of their stuff is crap, I Kazaa'd that song some years ago.
I'll have to go check it out some time this weekend.
Quote:
Bah. Buy it used, like I did, since the RIAA hates that too.
Right-o! Princeton Record Exchange (www.prex.com/), ho!

-- Bob
---------
Arrogant
Quote:
Storm gods usually are. When you control a force that is a) necessary for the survival of an agricultural-based civilization, b) difficult to hide from, and c) potentially extremely distructive, you're going to sprinkle arrogance over your Post Toasties in the morning.
I've got to share that one with Helen.

-- Bob
---------