Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just idle curiosity.
just idle curiosity.
I wonder what doug would make of this song;

not that I think he would ever dare play it, since a possible interpretation is that it will summon an angelic host for battle. It's probably one of those
song that is listed as 'play only during Armageddon, possibly, after all other options have been exhausted.'

here are the lyrics.

http://www.lyricspy.com/t/The_Poodles/l ... losing_In/

Another puzzeling one;

This one sounds much less dangerous, but I am puzzuled at what it does, possibly give doug the power to 'go far to make evil go away'. transport and
tracking as well as a possible minor powerup to hunt evil? With the side effect that he will glow?

A question, would dougs subconscious be influenced if the first time he sees a song it's in a music video? would it follow a similar interpretation to the
music video if it provides one that fits the lyrics?
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Hm. Maybe I ought to have Doug use either of those songs on or around Glory in DW13...

As for the question... Actually, yes, I think I have a couple songs whose interpretations are influenced by their videos, which means that Doug must have seen them, as well, as his first exposure to the songs. Um. Don't ask me which songs, I'd have to go through the list and figure it out at this late date. But I do know they're there.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Looking at the lyrics to Heaven's Closing In, I'm seeing the song's message being "we're getting closer to Heaven by not being afraid to invent all these things". If that's the vibe you're getting, too, I can only see one possible power for the song: Conjure up a simulacrum of Skuld.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Mm. That's an idea, that is.
ETA:  Though it would run the same risk as a Hexe simulacrum...
-- Bob
---------

Quote:ETA: Though it would run the same risk as a Hexe simulacrum...
Which puts it on the "Don't play unless tapping a strong node or Tether" list, yes. But the energy expenditure might be worth it, depending on the situation.

(And it could lead to some amusement:

"Doug, it's a good thing you finally figured out how to summon me! I was just about to look for a way to call you - a Ms. vel'Devarn, a Ms. Vanette, a Ms. Kurata, and a Ms. Banzai just showed up at the temple, looking for you. No, don't wait for us. Keep on heading home; we'll catch up with you. Yes, "we". Of course I'm coming too! And there's the end of the song. Call me again later, okay? Bye!"

At which point the node is drained and Doug can't call again for a number of time-parts, unless he finds another node.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeah, that'd work.
-- Bob
---------