Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three more songs for your consideration
Three more songs for your consideration
Stand My Ground - Within Temptation
Induces Heroic Willpower for the duration of the song. It's not much but there are times when something like that might come in handy.
Black Shuck - The Darkness
Summons the titular Black Dog/hellhound, or equivalant thereof. Given that the 'original' Black Shuck supposedly killed two people and managed to make a church tower collapse through the roof, I think I'd file this one under 'For Emergency Use Only'.
Own Little World - Celldweller
Okay, I have to admit that I'm not sure as to what to do with this exactly but given some of the lyrics (specifically;  "Welcome to a world where the air I breathe is mine /There's nothing to overwhelm me and nothing to cloud my mind / Be anyone, do anything I'd ever want to try /Time doesn't exist here, I will never die") it has definite potential. I'm thinking something along the lines of sucking Doug and anyone in the AoE into a sort of pocket dimension where Doug is basically god for the duration of the song, but that might be overdoing it.

First off, welcome to the forums, Weaver!  I hope you enjoy your time here.  Now to the suggestions...
Quote:Stand My Ground - Within Temptation
Yes, your idea works, but... damn. This is practically the theme song for Shinji in DW6.
Quote:Black Shuck - The Darkness
Hm. I had to go read the Wikipedia article on it to get a better idea of the story behind the song. Yes, a summoning might work, or a simulacrum -- either is possible. Or... a power-up for Sirius Black in DW8.
Quote:Own Little World - Celldweller
Hm. How about a "hidey hole"/"bolthole" effect instead? Doug creates a hole that he and anyone he chooses can jump into, and then he can "pull it in after him". There's not much in it -- a weirdly bounded space that hurts the eyes, and air to breathe, and that's it. It lasts as long as necessary (or as the people inside can stand it), and only ends when Doug "opens it up" again, at which it will dump everyone back out in the same place they entered from -- possibly at more or less the same instant they left.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Whatever you think is best. It's your story after all.

Here's my $0.02:
Stand My Ground is brilliant, and is going in my collection ASAP.  As for the power... who says it can't be both?  I don't know too much about DW6 Shinji, but if he starts off like canon Shinji, this song could be what pushes him to get a spine.  That potential scene/plot is resonating with me so much, I need to stop thinking about it now.  It might pollute the fic I'm writing at the moment.
Black Shuck, well....  I didn't really feel this one, so I'll leave it alone.
Own Little World sounds good, pretty much the way Imperious Leader put it, but I have to insist that the visual effect be a Warner Bros.-style portable hole.  It's just so right.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.