Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'I come from the Net…'
'I come from the Net…'
I know a spoken voiceover probably isn't enough to qualify a piece of music as a "song". But if it were, what, if anything, would the ReBoot theme do?
Spoken bits (seasons 1 and 2), said by Bob:
Quote:I come from the Net,
Through Systems, peoples, and cities,
To this place: Mainframe.
My Format: Guardian.
To Mend and Defend.
To defend my newfound friends,
Their hopes, and dreams.
To defend them from
Their enemies.

They say the User live outside the Net, and inputs Games for pleasure. No one knows for sure, but I intend to find out.
ReBoot!
My best guess would be to create a KeyTool simulacrum, since uncorrupted Guardians are the only beings in all the Net who can wield them. This would be obscenely powerful; KeyTools are hugely versatile, having modes that function as energy weapon, zip line, helicopter (though dangling by your forearm isn't exactly comfy), slice-and-dice discus, gestalt-entity separator, and awesome electric guitar, among others.

Sorry, that's not even close enough to a song to consider.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah, I kind of thought so. Still, didn't hurt to ask, did it?

No, not at all. And sorry if I sounded so brusque...
-- Bob
---------

Well, if you want a Reboot-related song...
--Sam
"That cow's tasted human blood!"

You know, that could actually work… contain the target within a particular area (or render a computer or network firewall uncrackable).

Anyways, the real reason I started this thread was because, in writing this on far too little sleep, I briefly mixed up the names of our favourite Loon and his author ("I know Doug's already declared 'Call to Arms' to be a power song…"). It was as I was going "No, no, Bob the Hero is from the Net, not Warriors' World" that this idea struck.

Though this is even less like a song than ReBoot's standard voiced-over opening, I feel compelled to link to a tidbit from the Elder Days when Megabyte actually had senses of humor and fun. I wonder if Enzo still has that guitar…

Quote:Well, if you want a Reboot-related song...
Program BOND to the game grid... Program BOND to the game grid...
Quote:I feel compelled to link to a tidbit from the Elder Days when Megabyte actually had senses of humor and fun.
Not bad. Pity I never watched ReBoot... well, more than a few fragments of episodes, that is.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:"No, no, Bob the Hero is from the Net, not Warriors' World"
I come from the Tapestry,
Through Timelines, peoples, and worlds,
To this place: Mainframe...

(And before anyone asks.... no.)
-- Bob
---------