Euthanasia
Euthanasia
Drift Away by Uncle Kracker.

Day after day I'm more confused

But I look for the light through the pourin' rain

You know, that's a game, that I hate to loose

I'm feelin' the strain, ain't it a shame --

[CHORUS:] Give me the beat, boys, and free my soul;

I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away.

Give me the beat, boys, and free my soul;

I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away.

Won't you take me away... .

Beginnin' to think, that I'm wastin' time,

And I don't understand the things I do;

The world outside looks so unkind.

I'm countin' on you, you can carry me through --

CHORUS

And when my mind is free,

You know your melody can move me;

And when I'm feelin' blue,

The guitars come through to soothe me.

Thanks for the joy you've given me.
I want you to know I believe in your song,

And rhythm, and rhyme, and harmony;

You helped me along, you're makin' me strong --

CHORUS (Twice)

If there's ever a time that healing just isn't a viable option; a person has to die, and Doug wants him/her to "go gentle into that good night," this song is for that time.  It produces, effectively, astral projection, but the soul never returns to the body, it just drifts off pleasantly.
Naturally, this is a song he's unlikely ever to be willing to use, as he'd far prefer healing anyone that he doesn't hate.  Also, he must use I'll Play for You first, or Doug will be gently discarnated.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Given that Doug doesn't know precisely what power a song provides until after the song provokes a reaction, that would imply that he dies at the same time he figures out what the song does. Of course, you could claim that the first time he used the power, Doug was overcome by a feeling of lassitude that lead to him lying down and watching as his physical body got further and further away, only for him to be resuscitated by someone else after the song came to an end. He'd probably then freak out before password locking the song.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Mm. Let me get back to you on this. It's an old favorite song, and the suggestion doesn't quite sit right with me.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

No sweat.  It's a longtime favorite with me, too, and I'd be lying if I said I like this power idea.  But the notion arrived in my mind and wouldn't go away.
-----

how about just allowing Astral projection for the duration of the song instead?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Lighter-than-air flight with no directional control?
-- Bob
---------

Now that's an amusing thought for getting rid of your enemies:  call that up when there's a breeze (or have a weather-control type make one) and watch them literally blown away.
It was the line about getting "lost" in rock-and-roll that made me think this wouldn't work for straightforward astral projection -- it implies there's no return, or at least not without outside aid.  But effectively turning people into balloons is a playful notion that does seem more up Looney's alley than a way of easing them out of life.
Of course, another alternative that occurred to me only after my initial post is that everyone in the area of effect begins totally blissing out, as if on the best and grooviest acid trip ever -- no wandering about possibly endangering themselves, just spiritually drifting, sitting or lying around with silly smiles while they experience the colors.  I know Doug has at least one song that produces much the same effect, but hey, you can never have too much crowd control -- especially with the "only once per day" rule.
-----

"Aquarius" from HAIR, which he used in the next-to-last chapter of DW2. And yes, duplicate effects are welcome.
-- Bob
---------