Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frontline Rock&Roll
Frontline Rock&Roll
Ace Frehley's "Rock Soldiers."  Lyrics via link since I gave up on finding a lyrics site that would let me copy&paste them.

My first "What would Doug do with this" thought was simple stone golems.  But that's so... mundane.

No, this is better:  It's a "summon simulacra" song, like "Summon Mariachi Band" and "66 Trombones."  Doug gets a random rock&roll band (bonus points if it's a band he's never heard of, or one from another universe entirely).  But!  It's a weaponized rock&roll band.

If he gets KISS, it's KISS from the Marvel superhero days (even if that comic didn't exist in the Warrior's universe -- it's just too cool not to use).
Van Halen:  Alex drum-riffs on various enemies' skulls, Roth's stage acrobatics go Bruce Lee (or maybe Jackie Chan), Eddie's power chords produce energy blasts from his axe, and Sammy's vocals are devastating sonic blasts.  And of course Michael providing his solid, reliable bass backbeat keeping the whole machine rolling.
And then there's GWAR, the first appearance of which the less spoken of the better, and which is the reason Doug doesn't use this particular power song so much anymore....

If it's the Flaming Lips, Doug gets Yoshino. Useful against giant robots, pink or otherwise.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Or Gossamer Axe, from his universe (and at least one other)... Yes, I like that quite a bit.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

SkyeFire Wrote:Ace Frehley's "Rock Soldiers."  Lyrics via link since I gave up on finding a lyrics site that would let me copy&paste them.
A quick look at the source code shows that the site encodes the lyrics in html mode.  Just copy the URL and paste it into the html2text field here:  html2text and you'll get the following (double spacing removed):
It was back in the summer of 83
There's a reason I remember it well
I was slippin' and slidin', drinkin' and drivin'
And bringin' me closer to hell

And the devil sat in the passengers side
Of Deloreans automobile
He said: Hey Frehley, Frehley lets not be silly
There's a life out there to steal

Rock Soldiers come
Rock Soldiers go
And some hear the drum
And some never know

Rock Soldiers! How do we know?
ACE is back and he told you so

With a trooper in the mirror
And Satan on my right
We went wrong way down a one way road
Hittin' everything in site

I cried I am invincible
Said I was high above the law
But my only high was just a lie
And now I'm glad I saw

Calling Rock Soldiers
You! Rock Soldiers
Calling Rock Soldiers
Hard Rock Soldiers

Hup! Two three four
Rock! Two three four
Hup! Two three four
Rock! Two three four

Friends say they'll stay with you
Right through the danger zone
But the closer you get to that fiery hole
You'll have to make it alone
When I think of how my life was spared
From that near-fatal wreck
If the devil wants to play his card game now
He's gonna play without an ACE in his deck!!

SkyeFire Wrote:No, this is better:  It's a "summon simulacra" song, like "Summon Mariachi Band" and "66 Trombones."  Doug gets a random rock&roll band (bonus points if it's a band he's never heard of, or one from another universe entirely).  But!  It's a weaponized rock&roll band.
Just be careful - some rock and roll bands aren't meant to be weaponized. http://web.ncf.ca/fm536/5e23b51a3cd6d7c ... 898568.jpg]The one in K-On!, for example... (image might be NSFW)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

.... Swing that Axe, girl! *rimshot*
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children