Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doug's gate songs
Doug's gate songs
Here's an odd one I don't know if anyone ever asked before. If Doug were to use a gate song that he used to take him to somewhere he's been to, will it take him back to that place?
Essentially, can he use established gate songs to jump around the "track" he's on so as to take advantage of resources in various realities?
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

My guess is that a given Gatesong opens a gate from World X to World Y – even if Doug is on World Z or W.

I made that comment a few years ago, and I recall that Bob both smiled on it and smiled at it at the same time (mainly because of how I made the suggestion).
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Let me just say that it is impossible for Doug to tell if a non-functioning gate song candidate is a null song -- or a song for which prerequisites have not been met.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Proginoskes Wrote:My guess is that a given Gatesong opens a gate from World X to World Y – even if Doug is on World Z or W.
I totally misparsed that last bit as "World War Z." Which would make for an interesting step for Doug, given they actually do a pretty good job of dealing with the zombie pandemic.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."