Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Doug's Made Of
What Doug's Made Of
"What I'm Made Of" by Crush 40 (ignore the ponies, that's just where I encountered the music):
Quote:I don't care what you're thinking
As you turn to me
Cos what I have in my two hands
Is enough to set me free (Set me free)
I could fight the feeling to resist it over time
But when it's just too much to take you sneak from behind
Is it me, you said, you're looking for?
Let me show you who I am
And what I'm here for, here for
Hey!
CHORUS:
Try to reach inside of me
Try to drain my energy
Let me show you just
What I'm made of
Simple curiosity
Try to take a bite of me
Let me show you just
What I'm made of now
Like a million faces
I've recognised them all
One by one they've all become
A number as they fall (As they fall)
In the face of reason
Oh I can't take no more
One by one they've all become
A black mark on the floor
Is it me (Is it me?)
You said (You said?)
You're looking for?
Let me show you who I am
And what I have in store, in store
Hey! Hey! Yeah!
CHORUS
You can take another lifelong try
You can take another try
Hey!
(Guitar solo)
Yeah!
CHORUS
Yeah, try to reach inside of me (Show you what I'm made of)
Try to drain my energy (Show you what I'm made of)
Let me show you justWhat I'm made of
This song cranks Doug's combat hyping up to eleven, and renders him immune to the typical Sailor Moon Antagonist m.o. of energy draining/[dream|heart|soul] stealing (He invites them to try, with the very strong implication that they won't succeed). Granted, I'm basing the second effect on a single line from the chorus, which could just as easily give a negative effect: making him inordinately attractive to people out to steal things from the general populace. Whatever else it does, though, it definitely increases Doug's strength, speed, and reflexes to well beyond his normal levels.

Quote:renders him immune to the typical Sailor Moon Antagonist m.o. of energy draining/[dream|heart|soul] stealing (He invites them to try, with the very strong implication that they won't succeed)
Heh. This dovetails interestingly with something he's already set to be doing in the SM Step... if you're old enough to remember the videogame Dig-Dug, it might give you a clue.
Quote:Whatever else it does, though, it definitely increases Doug's strength, speed, and reflexes to well beyond his normal levels.
Well, remember that "combat hyping" is really just a time-perception thing I came up with to explain the speed at which things happen during combat time in V&V. Doug doesn't actually gain anything, he just perceives everything as moving a lot slower than him for the duration.

That said, definitely some possibilities there.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I'm old enough to recognise the name "Dig-Dug", but not old enough to have played it on the NES. Instead, I've just gone to an online arcade site and played it through the magic of emulators written in Java. Doug's going to force-feed youma until they explode? (It's either that or crush them with big rocks...)