Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gate Song For Drunkard's Vacation: King's Highway (by Tom Petty)
Gate Song For Drunkard's Vacation: King's Highway (by Tom Petty)
When the time gets right I'm gonna pick you up

And take you far way from trouble my love

Under a big ol' sky out in a field of green

There's gotta be something left for us to believe

Oh, I await the day

Good fortune comes our way

And we ride down the kings highway

No you can't hide out in a six gun town

We wanna hold our heads up, though we gotta stay down

I don't wanna end up in a room all alone

Don't wanna end up someone that I don't even know

Lover, I await the day

Yeah, I await the day

Yeah, I await the day

And we ride down the kings highway-ay-ay

If not for the fact that Bob's already said he's had the end of the Walk planned for years, I'd suggest this be the segue between it and Vacation - this is the Gatesong that "gets him home" but it turns out to be a double gate, that only sidetrips through Warrior's World on its way to ... somewhere with sixguns, maybe even Gunsmoke to combine it with one of my favorite other ideas... but Maggie is RIGHT THERE as the two portals open, and quick thinking enough to hop on the bike as it proceeds out of one and into the other. Of course, "a field of green" mitigates against Gunsmoke unless it's that one oasis from late in the series... "far away from trouble my love" can safely be disregarded, as if Doug's going to come trouble is never far away Wink

As matters stand, it still seems like a good gatesong specifically for having her travel with him at some point.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Oh yeah, I'll definitely have to use it, if I live long enough to do the Vacation.

Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.