Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metasong: _Turn Up the Radio_ by Autograph
Metasong: _Turn Up the Radio_ by Autograph

I'm not sure what the effect should be exactly, besides amplifying the next song somehow minute-for-minute with how long he plays this one first ("For every minute I have to work, I get a minute of pay") Simply expanding his effect radius seems obvious (he can rock you from further away) but is usually not within the bounds of his effects, and even if it's good enough to generate a power, I don't think it has the touch to break the normal limit on powers. Maybe just making them more intense? It would require judging the alteration per-song, but that's nothing new for Doug Wink

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Quote:Simply expanding his effect radius seems obvious (he can rock you from further away) but is usually not within the bounds of his effects, and even if it's good enough to generate a power, I don't think it has the touch to break the normal limit on powers.
Well, actually, that's not a bad idea. Metasongs by their definition break, in a limited way, one or two of the rules by which his power normally works (rules which, by the way, many of Warriors' World's metabiologists and paraphysicists think are completely in his own mind). So yeah, expanding the radius of effect is perfectly good as an effect.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

So you'd have the song act as a magical capacitor? For as long as Doug plays the song, he accumulates additional mana. When the next song kicks in, the stored mana winds up affecting it as if Doug were pumping it up from a ley line. Of course, if the enhanced song is longer than the meta song, it'll eventually run out of steam and revert to normal functioning.
This would be a very nice song if Doug has time to prepare himself. It would be pretty useless in the heat of battle unless Doug gets in way over his head and is willing to forego any power songs at all while charging up for a big finishing move. It would also be a poor choice to preceed an attempt at using a new song, as it could possibly make a backfire more severe.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV