Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulling the pin on the Doug Grenade
Pulling the pin on the Doug Grenade

(lyrics in video)

Doug likes to style himself after Bugs Bunny, but sometimes a full-on manic Daffy Duck works better. Here's one fo the songs that he can use for it, mildly enhancing his speed, strength and reflexes, but mostly supercharging his chaotic aura, so instead of not having many noticeable effects aside from deflecting ranged attacks, truly toony antics become possible - pies, disguises, and anvils from nowhere, gravity dependent on noticing you or an object should be falling, a painted hole in a wall or floor becoming real, shadows and reflections behaving differently from the caster, etc.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

You know, I've had this song in my collection for years -- starting with an off-the-air tape of a Doctor Demento broadcast in the 1980s -- and I never thought of it as a power song before now.

And whoever made that video needs to learn the difference between "live" and "life".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Gah. There was a more over the top number that the duck himself sings in one of the older shorts.

however no time to truely excercise my google fu as I'm running behind schedule at the moment... will try to look harder later.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote:Gah. There was a more over the top number that the duck himself sings in one of the older shorts.
I think I know which one you mean, but I can bring the title of neither the song nor the cartoon to mind, either.

Regardless, Doug's personal theme song remains, of course, "I'm The Urban Spaceman" by the Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band.
-- Bob
---------

Still cant find anything. Fairly sure it was from the Avery/Clampett era, though; I also seem to remember a line going "I'm Looney Toony, catched in the head! Please pass the Ketchup, I think I'll go to bed,.."

Hmm. there is at least one version in "Boobs in the Woods"

Daffy Duck: [singing] Oh, people call me Daffy, / They think that I am goony, / Ah, just because I'm happy is no sign I'm looney tooney, / Oh, when they say I'm nutsy, / It sure gives me a pain, / Please pass the ketchup I think its going to rain. / Oh, you can't bounce a meatball, / Though try with all your might, / Ah, turn on the radio / I want to fly a kite. / Good evening, friends.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Despite the song lyrics, I can confirm that both Cooked Perfect and Deli Select brand meatballs do in fact bounce pretty well, after being defrosted and heated by a minute or so in the microwave. Watching the dog chase one as it does so is also funny.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Quote:"I'm Looney Toony, catched in the head! Please pass the Ketchup, I think I'll go to bed,.."
That lyric, or something close to it, is found in two different songs -- the Daffy Duck song you're thinking of, and in the song sung by the proto-Bugs-Bunny in 1939's Hare-um, Scare-um, which I quoted in Chapter Three of Drunkard's Walk II.
-- Bob
---------

This site has a list of quotes from Daffy:  http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Daffy_Duck
The "pass the ketchup" lyrics are only listed one time.  I'm not sure if it is in anything other than "Boobs in the Woods"