Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I had a silly thought...
So I had a silly thought...
So I heard this song recently, and it got me thinking...

I know we've had questions about barbershop quartets before (and I believe the response was that there needs to be an instrument in the mix). What about when the a cappella group in question has somebody emulating an instrument with their voice? The first time I listened to this version of the song, I didn't realize that the 'drums' in the beginning weren't instruments, so I sort of have to ask.
... mind you, if the song did trigger Doug's metagift, I could easily see his subconscious smacking him with a backfire for being a wiseass. Or (potentially) worse, giving him an ironic version of whatever effect the original song has.
For that song, I'm thinking the a cappella version lets Doug train people, specifically in a cappella singing, via montage. Not really useful, except as a Noodle Incident for a line about how his gift is really only useful with real instruments.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Note that there needs to be a tuneful instrument involved: simple drum-backed vocals don't do it either. That said, Doug's magegift is probably quite willing to make an exception or two for the sake of a joke.

There was future snippet of the Harry Potter step released way back when where Doug used the full version of this song to get a 'insert days of montage style training into time of song' power to quickly train the DA - But the accapella? I agree with the above - Doug's subconscious is that nasty.

Yes, the original version of this song is already slated for both DW8 and DW-S. As for a capella training... I'll consider it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

For songs that started out as "just vocals", you could always do something " cracky" and hire a "One Man Band" to provide appropriate instrumental noise for a song.

One wonders what Doug's gift makes of bands like Pentatonix and Home Free:

Or Rockapella, for that matter. (Whose music might not do anything but make Doug feel good. I know it works for me. Smile)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."