Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Summon a Solar-Powered Juggernaut...
To Summon a Solar-Powered Juggernaut...
I can see Doug finding out that this song is a Summoning song after visiting a DC universe... and promptly locking it away on his 'Do Not Play' list. Reason? The song summons a random Kryptonian (must have been named IRL). While most variations of Kal and Kara are generally affable, after a close call in hope of back-up and getting some 'Zod' guy, Eimi told him of some other not-so-pleasant "Children of the Sun" he might end up calling forth and he decided it wasn't worth the risk.
Performed by Billy Thorpe, Written by Billy Thorpe and Spencer D. Proffer
People of the Earth can you hear me?Came a voice from the sky on that magical nightAnd in the colors of a thousand sunsetsThey traveled through the world on a silvery light
The people of the Earth stood waitingWatching as the ships came one by oneSetting fire to the sky as they landedCarrying to the world children of the sunChildren of the sun
All at once came a sound from the insideThen a beam made of light hit the groundEveryone felt the sound of their heartbeatEvery man, every woman, every child
They passed the limits of imaginationThrough the doors to a world of another timeAnd on the journey of a thousand lifetimesWith the children of the sun, they started to climb
Children of the sun, children of the sun
No more gravity, nothing holding them downFloating endlessly as their ship leaves the groundThrough the walls of time, at the speed of lightFlies the crystal ships on their celestial flight(On their celestial flight)
Children of the sun, children of the sunChildren of the sun
Children of the sun, children of the sunChildren of the sun, children of the sunChildren of the sun, children of the sunChildren of the sun, children of the sun
Children of the sun, children of the sunChildren of the sun, children of the sun

Alternatively, it could summon a Solar Exalt. That... could go poorly.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:Alternatively, it could summon a Solar Exalt. That... could go poorly.
Or it could summon Asclepius, Troilus, Aristaeus, or Orpheus (all children of Apollo)... or some combination thereof, since the song says "children" instead of "child." Still a suboptimal situation from Doug's point of view, considering what he thinks of most gods.

Although if he 's in a recording studio and he gets Orpheus ... hmmmmm...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Or anyone from Cabin Seven.

*grins*
Quote:"Flies the crystal ships on their celestial flight"
I rest my case.