Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vrondi's Eyes
Vrondi's Eyes
Although there is a bit of humour in it, Vrondi's Eyes isn't primarily funny or at all silly, so it doesn't fit the title of "Black Widows in the Privy and other silliness". I considered titling this thread "Vrondi's Eyes and other seriousness", but that would imply that I have more songs to post immediately.
Quote:A mage rode forth from Karse one day, a-fleeing for his life.He bore his staff beside his ancient sword and jewelled knife.He made a camp within a grove, where, much to his surprise,Adrift upon a sea of mist, he saw a thousand eyes.
Quote:CHORUS:
Eyes, wide unblinking eyes,As blue as the sky.No mage can pass our bordersAnd escape the Vrondi's eyes.
A dark and wicked sorcerer who'd made a bloody pactCame on a sleepy holding, and the folk therein attacked.No sooner did he weave his spell and rouse their anguished cries,Than all at once he felt the glare of disembodied eyes.
CHORUS
A witch of doubtful breeding and a crude, eclectic tasteFled from the executioners across the tractless waste.But Valdemar was where that witch quite suddenly grew wise:She cursed the day she ever felt those unrelenting eyes.
CHORUS
So if you deal in magic, better watch your step, my friend:There's risk for you in Valdemar which you can't comprehend!The Vrondi search for magery, they are the Heralds' spies,And nothing can elude their vigilant, unresting eyes.
CHORUS (x2)
I'd say that this song gives Doug total awareness of all magical goings-on within his Area of Effect, while giving all other mages in the area the annoying and really creepy feeling of being intently stared at by innumerable beings. (Edited to update the link and correct typos.)