Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weal or Woe
Weal or Woe
Should I Stay or Should I Go, The Clash
Darling you got to let me knowShould I stay or should I go?If you say that you are mineI'll be here 'til the end of timeSo you got to let me knowShould I stay or should I go?
It's always tease, tease, teaseYou're happy when I'm on my kneesOne day it's fine and next it's blackSo if you want me off your backWell, come on and let me knowShould I stay or should I go?
Should I stay or should I go now?Should I stay or should I go now?If I go, there will be troubleAnd if I stay it will be doubleSo come on and let me know
This indecision's bugging me (esta indecision me molesta)If you don't want me, set me free (si no me quieres, librame)Exactly whom I'm supposed to be (digame que tengo ser)Don't you know which clothes even fit me? (no sabes que ropas me queda)Come on and let me know (me tienes que decir)Should I cool it or should I blow? (me debo ir o quedarme)
Split
Should I stay or should I go now? (yo me enfrio o lo soplo)Should I stay or should I go now? (yo me enfrio o lo soplo)If I go there will be trouble (si me voy va a haber peligro)And if I stay it will be double (si me quedo sera el doble)So ya gotta let me know (me tienes que decir)Should I cool it or should I blow? (me debo ir o quedarme)
Should I stay or should I go now? (tengo frío por los ojos)If I go there will be touble (tengo frio por los ojos)And if I stay it will be doubleSi me quedo sera el dobleSo ya gotta let me know me tienes que decirShould I stay or should I go?
xxxx
A little something Doug may have unsuccessfully tried as a gate song. Based on the lyrics, he'd have figured it likely involved travel or divination, but would've been stumped as to the actual effect without extensive testing.
I figure it winds up as a type of Weal or Woe augury effect. Doug has to start the song while thinking hard about a goal and a plan for reaching that goal. If the plan is not likely to result in successfully reaching the goal, the augury tells him to stay. If the plan is likely to result in successfully reaching the goal, the augury tells him to go.
Of course this doesn't tell Doug if it is a good plan or if there are better ways to achieve his goal.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV