Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Shoutout for you, Bob.
Potential Shoutout for you, Bob.
Okay, I know that Doug has in his helmet a version of Michael Jackson's Thriller that has the title track as "Moonlight."
So that means that some items of Warriors' World pop culture would be familiar yet strange to us. I just thought of Doug's reaction to seeing The Dukes of Hazzard.
Quote:
Except for "Traveller" being called the "General Lee" and having the wrong number painted on the side, the show was virtually identical to "Moonrunners." Well, that and the slight resemblance of Daisy Hogg to [insert minor WW super here.]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Potential Shoutout for you, Bob.
Quote:
Well, that and the slight resemblance of Daisy Hogg to
"...U.N. Assistant Secretary-General Bach..."
Daisy Hogg? Maybe there're more deviations than the ones you intended... -- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
explanation
The Dukes of Hazzard is based off of a movie called Moonrunners. Most of the changes I already stated were canon to the movie.
The "Dukes" were the Hagg family, and the town boss was a different name. The movie was also a little less cheesy than the series. I think the recent Johnny Knoxville movie was close without being an actual remake of Moonrunners.
ETA: Umm. Okay rechecking my stuff, I'm a little off, but not by much.
IMDB is your friend
Wikipedia is too.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: explanation
Huh. Never heard of that. Interesting...
Dunno where I might use it, but thanks!-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.