Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heee...a shaggy-dog story right up Doug's alley...
Re: Heee...a shaggy-dog story right up Doug's alley...
now that's some (questionably authentic) ownage.
True Story - blasting @ 127mph down the Glenn at ~5am one gorgeous saturday morning, cop pops out of the first knik river bridge exit. I notice him about the third knik river bridge exit (~1.5mi later), and start slowing. I get stopped and pulled over at the railroad tracks (~5mi after the first bridge exit*).
Brain locks.
So I'm sitting there staring straight ahead with my hands on the wheel, the cop knocks on the window with his flashlight, I push the button and the window spools down, cop says "I pulled you over for SPEEDING".
I nod, slackjawed.
Cop continues "Why didn't you pull over when I first turned my lights on?" Very agressive, very pissed-off-authority figure. My brain is still booting, I'm seeing BIOS information scroll past my eyes - my mouth-to-brain safety interlocks are not yet functioning.
So I say, nonchalantly "Well, officer, I was driving well in excess of one hundred miles an hour, I wasn't terribly concerned about anything behind me."
I realise what I just said and my eyes bug out of my head, and my brain segfaults on unpacking it's kernel and cores.
The cop's eyes bug out, then he takes my liscence, registration, proof of insurance, and goes back to his car.
I'm clean.
Comes back, hands me a ticket for simple speeding - 4 points off the liscence and ~500$ USD of fine.

cheap at the price.
Have a nice day, officer, and thank you**...

*car in question was a 1997 Dodge Avenger, with stock brakes. I was _not_ gonna get on the stoppy-pedal, and cause massive amounts of wear, and signifigant risk of failure, in the braking system.

**One of two times I've ever said "Thank You" to a police officer and meant it. The other time involved my car being on fire.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Messages In This Thread
Re: Heee...a shaggy-dog story right up Doug's alley... - by Kokuten - 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Re: Heee...a shaggy-dog story right up Doug's alley... - by Kokuten - 05-17-2007, 09:38 AM