Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of doing a DW fanfic...
Re: New story fragment
Hey, Rob... do you have a ground-based chase scene anywhere in your plot? I was listening to something and came up with a great idea, and for some reason Samson and Hanson were hanging around in the mental image I got...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Quote:
Hey, Rob... do you have a ground-based chase scene anywhere in your plot?
Not yet, but I can easily squeeze one in near the start of Chapter Three, just after King is rescued from Grandis' ex.
Quote:
I was listening to something and came up with a great idea, and for some reason Samson and Hanson were hanging around in the mental image I got...
Well, in that case, a chase scene simply must be fitted into the plot. Samson and Hanson don't get enough screen time as it is...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Okay, give me a little time to squeeze it out of my brain and onto electrons, and I'll shoot it your way. I'd put it here, but it's too fun to spoil early.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
I got your e-mail, Bob - thanks!
(And, yes, it is too much fun to post too early...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Glad you liked it! I hope you can find a good place for it.
(Oh, and you might want to confirm the lyrics -- I did them from memory, and didn't Google to make sure I had them right.)

-- Bob
---------
Re: Thinking of doing a DW fanfic...
Since many folks didn't like the abrupt start to the story (hey, I like in media res openings), I put together a little something for the beginning. I've also put together a few other scenes, including one rather important one concerning metafictionality... So, here's what I've got up to the scene break just before the first part I haven't written. Do I have everyone's personalities right?
In an infinity of worlds, there is an infinity of seas.
The more mundane seas, those of water, exist on many, many worlds. Some of those worlds are as mundane as their seas, but others hold great adventure and great secrets.
Then there are the exotic seas, the ones of energy, or of time, or of thought. The most exotic sea of all is the one which is so rarely encountered, the sea between the infinity of worlds.
Many seas carry castaways, unfortunates who float to their next landfall, hoping against hope to see their families or friends again. And, once in a thousand thousand lifetimes, castaways on a sea of water meet a castaway on a sea between the infinity of worlds ...

Location Unknown. Date Unknown. Time Unknown.

Once again, I opened my eyes and didn't see the face of the woman I wanted to see more than anyone else. Was I ever going to get home?
"He's waking up!" That was a child's voice, and she was speaking French.
I sat up and looked around. I was on a tropical beach, my cycle a few yards inland. I could have arrived in a worse place; hell, I had arrived in worse places in other worlds. A young girl and two teenagers (a girl and a boy) were looking at me with concern. "At the risk of sounding cliched, where am I?"
"I wish we knew," answered the older girl. "We just washed up on this shore a couple of hours ago."
"And then you showed up out of a ... hole in the air," added the boy. "What scientific principle allows for movement of that sort?"
I smiled at the boy. "That's a long story, lad, and we have other things to do if you just washed ashore. I assume you survived a shipwreck; where's your lifeboat?"
"It isn't a boat," said the younger girl. "It's the captain's cabin! I want to see him again."
"So do I," whispered the older girl.
The boy pointed out to sea. "It's caught on that reef, sir." Sure enough, there was a metal pod caught on a rock at the edge of the atoll. "I was going to build a boat and try to salvage what I could from it, but we decided to wait until you were awake before leaving you alone. Did I do the wrong thing?"
"You should have left one person here while the other two started salvaging what you needed ... but I'm glad you stayed to watch over me." I pushed myself off of the ground, leaping to my feet with a flourish that impressed the boy and the younger girl. "I suppose we should introduce ourselves. My name is Douglas Sangnoir, but my friends call me Doug."
"I am Jean Ratlique," replied the boy, "and these are my friends, Marie Lowenbrau and Nadia."

DRUNKARD'S STAGGER: BLUE SKIES, BLUE WATER
By Rob Kelk
with Robert M. Schroeck
Based on the "Drunkard's Walk" fanfic cycle
(created by Robert M. Schroeck)
and "Fushigi No Umi no Nadia"
(directed by Hideaki Anno)
CHAPTER ONE: LIFE'S A BEACH ...

M. Sangnoir stood up and walked over to his odd vehicle. I quickly followed him. "Excuse me, sir ...?"
"Jean, call me Doug, please."
I nodded. "What manner of vehicle is that? It looks like it could be a motorized bicycle, but I've never seen a bicycle shaped like that before."
"You got it in one, Jean; this is a motorcycle. It can do a few other things, too." He opened one of the cases and withdrew a helmet, then tossed it to me. "Put that on, get on, and we'll go take a look at the captain's cabin."
"But, sir ... Doug," I quickly corrected myself, "there is no road-way from here to there for your motor-cycle."
He smiled, then spoke in English. "" He seated himself on the motor-cycle, started its engine, then toggled a switch, which caused the vehicle to lift slightly into the air.
"Incredible! How does the motor-cycle fly, sir?"
Doug smiled. "Happy thoughts and pixie dust, Jean."
"That is not a scientific answer, sir. You may as well have said that it's because the motor-cycle is coated with cavorite."
He stopped smiling. "I'm sorry, Jean. You really want to know, don't you?" He went on after I nodded. "There's a device in here that creates a standing graviton wave, which supports the motorcycle against the Earth's field. Before you ask, the emitter tilts the standing wave to provide the pseudo-thrust that moves the bike when it's flying."
"I think I preferred the pixie dust explanation, M. ... Doug. At least I could understand that."
He smiled, in that "I'm an adult and you're not so it's okay" way that I hate so much. "I guess I shouldn't have expected someone your age to be familiar with this. It's far in advance of Einstein's gravitational theories ... What is it, Jean?"
"Who is this M. Einstein?"
"Who is Einstein? Okay, I suppose I deserved that for my joke ..." Doug stopped speaking as he looked at my face. "Jean, have you really never heard of Albert Einstein?"
"No, sir."
He looked puzzled. "But ... that pod ... and the way Nadia's dressed ... Jean, exactly what is today's date, including the year?"

Location still unknown. Sunday, April 27, 1890. 4:30 PM Local Time.

Once I had used the bike to tow the entire pod off the rocks and inland far enough that it wouldn't be washed away, Jean and I tied it down as best we could. "That'll have to do, Jean."
"Yes, sir. Doug."
"Where did the girls get off to, while we were doing the heavy work?" I smiled to let him know I wasn't too worried about having to do the heavy work. I doubted any of the others were as strong as I was, so I should be doing the heavy work.
"I think they wanted to explore the beach."
"Can they take care of themselves if there's trouble?"
"I think that Nadia can take care of both of them."
I noticed the hesitation in Jean's voice. "All right, then. Let's get this opened up so the water can drain out, then start walking after them."
Jean looked puzzled. "Aren't we going to use the motor-cycle, Doug?"
I shook my head. "Nope, and for two reasons. First, I don't know if I can refuel it around here, so I'm hoping to use it only when necessary. Second, we can't all fit on the seat."
"Ah, I see. That makes sense. Will you help me up, please?" One quick hug and lift, and Jean was on top of the pod. "Thank you!" He slid into an open hatch on the pod's top. A hatch at one end of the pod opened a moment later, revealing Jean and quite a bit of water.
I pulled a towel from one of the bike's panniers, and handed it to Jean. "Shall we go find the others?"

I didn't know what to think of that "Sangnoir" person. He seemed to know what he's doing, and it didn't look like he was from Neo-Atlantis, but I think he liked machines almost as much as Jean did.
I didn't trust him.
It's never safe to trust anyone.
Except for King, of course. And Marie. And maybe Jean.
No, trusting Jean got me into this whole mess.
But trusting Jean led me to my father.
And then my father pushed me away, just when I learned who he really was.
I didn't know what to think ...
Except that I should find out where Marie ran off to. "Marie! Marie, where are you?"
"I'm over here, Nadia! Come see what I found!"
It didn't sound like she was very far away, so I walked over the rise between us ... and stopped. "Marie!" I stage-whispered. "Get back here. Now."
"But, Nadia ..."
"Now!"
Marie walked over to me, looking afraid. "What's wrong, Nadia?"
I took her by the hand and started walking back to the others. "You know what that is, Marie. It isn't safe here." Then I saw Jean and M. Sangnoir walking towards us. "Come on, Marie!" I started running for them, pulling Marie along with me.
M. Sangnoir started running to us. I think he was running even faster than I was. "What's wrong, girls?"
"We have to get away from here. Now."
"But, Nadia ..." Marie stopped talking when I glared at her.
"Is something wrong? M. Sangnoir had reached us, and Jean was still many meters away. I knew Jean needed to stop reading so much and get more exercise, but I didn't realize he was that slow.
"We found ..." Marie started, before I put my hand over her mouth to get her to be quiet.
I whispered to M. Sangnoir, "There's a Garfish on the beach over the rise. That means there are Neo-Atlantis soldiers here!" I took my hand away from Marie's mouth.
"Neo-Atlantis?" asked M. Sangnoir. At least he was whispering, even though he sounded surprised.
"They're the ones who sunk the Nautilus," added Marie. She was finally whispering.
M. Sangnoir had an odd look on his face for a moment, then he looked grim. "I see. You three go back to where we left your escape pod. I'll take a closer look at this 'Garfish'."
"But ..."
"Come on, Marie!" I started walking back to the beach where we had met M. Sangnoir, when he held up his hand.
"Just a moment, please," he said. "Marie, what's wrong?"
"Nothing," she said. "There's nobody there."
"Thank you, Marie. I'd still like to go and take a look at the Garfish."

They called their ship the Nautilus. I guess somebody, maybe their captain, was a Jules Verne fan. I just hoped they were better people than these "Neo-Atlantis" people were.
I crested the hill, and stopped. Sure enough, as I suspected as soon as Marie said nobody was there, she and Nadia had found a shipwreck, not a ship. Had Nadia even gone to look at the wreck, or was she just nervous? If she was nervous, then those "Neo-Atlantis" people must have a very nasty reputation ... and if that was the case, was the reputation deserved, or enemy propoganda?
A few jumps down the hill took me to the wreckage. It wasn't pretty; someone had sunk the ship on purpose, and with extreme prejudice. Either Neo-Atlantis was so violent that their opponent had to sink their ships on sight, or there was a war going on.
It didn't take me long to realize what I was examining. The shape of the support struts, the remnants of the engine, the torpedo tube - everything pointed to this being the wreckage of a submarine, not a surface ship. That meant that the Nautilus might also have been a submarine, which means the Verne fan who gave it that name wasn't being silly. While I took a good look at the wreckage and mentally marked items that could be salvaged, I thought some more about the Nautilus, and the date that Jean had given me. I dismissed the wild idea that I had fallen into a book almost immediately - Jean, Nadia, and Marie weren't characters in the nineteenth-century novel that I had read in high school, and they said that they came from the Nautilus. It wasn't until I had almost finished that I remembered Jean had mentioned "cavorite". If this world's H.G. Wells was like mine, then he wouldn't have come up with that plot device for another decade. That's when everything fell together for me: this world, whatever else it might be, was in one important respect the opposite of Leese's world. That was a world that was technologically on par with home, despite being a few decades later by the calendar, which meant it was less advanced than home for the same date. This world was more advanced than home for the same date, and some of the books were written earlier. That fit the facts that I had, and didn't contradict anything I knew - it would do unless I saw something that couldn't be explained by the theory.
I jumped up the hill and headed back to the children's escape pod.

More to come, of course...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Nice opening, Rob. Works very well, and I really like the little "prologue". As always I can't wait to see more!

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Mmmmmmm....
[Note: that is a blissed-out sound, NOT a dubious "Hmmmmmm...."]
Quote:
I dismissed the wild idea that I had fallen into a book almost immediately
Mental image of Doug kicking himself for this thought when he finally discovers transfictionality....DHBirr
"If you keep me imprisoned long enough, eventually I will die.... [We] humans cannot live without our freedom. So, if you see me lying lifeless in my cage, come on in, because I'm dead. Really."
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Great intro, just gotta recycle it a bit....
Quote:
In an infinity of worlds, there is an infinity of seas.
The more mundane seas, those of water, exist on many, many worlds. Some of those worlds are as mundane as their seas, but others hold great adventure and great secrets.
Then there are the exotic seas, the ones of energy, or of time, or of thought. The most exotic sea of all is the one which is so rarely encountered, the sea between the infinity of worlds.
Many seas carry castaways, unfortunates who float to their next landfall, hoping against hope to see their families or friends again. And, once in a thousand thousand lifetimes, castaways on a sea of water meet a castaway on a sea between the infinity of worlds ...
Date: 437 days since the wreck Time: noonish Location: The Island, two beaches from the wreck.
Something wasn't right. The man blinked and rubbed his eyes. The impossible vision was still there. A sleek motorcycle sat running at the edge of the water, it's rider face down on the sand beside it.
Holding onto his hat, the first mate ran back towards the shelter that had been set up.
"SKIPPERRRRRRRR!" Gilligan yelled.
Wink
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Great intro, just gotta recycle it a bit....
... Skipper comes running, followed by Barbie and Ken...

Alternately:
"...it's another damned tourist who'll leave and never tell anyone we're here! I'm getting sick and tired of them!"

-- Bob
---------
New fragment from early in Chapter 2
Yes, I know I should be working on Chapter 1 first, but I suddenly realized how to use a particular quote and the scene pretty much had to go into Chapter 2.
Anyway... enough setup so that people will know where the scene goes, then the quote:
"That looks like it could be fun!"
"No, Marie, that isn't a fun thing to do. Since M. Ayerton has been buried up to his neck, he can't get out of the direct sun if he starts to feel too hot. That can make a person very ill."
"Oh." She thought about that for a moment while I started digging at the sand around the man's head and shoulders. I really didn't want to show off my powers to everyone I was meeting in this world, since there was no way to tell who might be connected with that "Neo-Atlantis" group that Nadia hated so much. Marie finally asked, "why'd you do something silly like that, M. Ayerton?"
"It wasn't my choice, young lady," he replied. "Those three devils forced me into this pit!"
The youngsters recoiled at his mention of devils. "You're speaking metaphorically, right?" Ayerton nodded, and the others relaxed. (Marie relaxed after Jean told her what "metaphorically" meant.) "I don't know whether they were tormenting or punishing you, or if even you did anything wrong, and I don't care. Unless you killed one of their friends ..."
"I would never stoop to something so crass as murder, sir." He seemed offended at the suggestion.
That was a bit of a relief. "Leaving someone alone in this situation is tantamount to a slow death sentence. I intend to find whoever gave the order to bury you like this and give him a piece of my mind."
Ayerton interrupted me. "You should have said 'her', sir. Their leader is a woman."
So I tripped over another anachronism ... "Hmmm. Pronoun trouble."

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Re: New fragment from early in Chapter 2
And in about 20 minutes, Doug's going to probably want to reinsert him into the beach, 180 degrees reversed.

-- Bob
---------
Two fragments from early in Chapter 3
Just because I haven't shared anything lately, here's a pair of excerpts from Chapter Three. (Yes, I really should do some more work on Chapter One...) First off, the presentation of a new song effect:

"Somebody want to tell me why we trusted Ayerton?"
M. Doug seemed upset. I was upset, as well; thanks to M. Ayerton, we had been overpowered, bound, and tied to a stake, around which the villagers were piling dry wood. This was a new experience for me, and not at all incredible. I was beginning to think that M. Ayerton didn't have the skills that he claimed to have.
"Please address me with the respect due my station. I am a count, you know."
"I'll address you with the respect you've earned, Ayerton. And I'd give you something else to count, if we weren't tied up! How about you count how many people are about to die because of your incompetence?"
M. Ayerton didn't offer any answer to M. Doug's question.
"I say, Sangnoir," asked M. Samson, "don't you have something under your hat that could help us here?"
"Yeah! Doug can get us out of this, Samson! Can't you, Doug?" added Marie.
M. Doug didn't answer immediately. He finally said "Maybe. But I hope our 'Africa expert' realizes the consequences of his boasts, if I get us out of this." He continued in English. ""
The villagers, surprised when music began to come out of M. Doug's helmet, backed away from us.
""
The air around us became chill, which was a pleasant change from the heat of the African coast.
""
Then the rain began to pour down. I wasn't sure, because the ropes kept me from making proper observations, but from the sound of the rain falling on the Gra-tan parked behind us and the edge of the downpour that I could see in front of us, I believe the rain was centered on M. Doug.
"Doug, it's cold, and it hurts! I don't like this."
"I'm sorry, Marie, but you're going to have to get a bit more wet. I need to be sure the wood won't catch fire."
That was an odd choice of words from M. Doug. I would have to remember to offer to teach him some colliquial French, if we survived our current predicament.
""
One of the villagers pointed at us and started yelling. I looked at the person he was looking at, and saw that one of us still had dry hair and clothes. "Incredible! You aren't getting wet at all, Nadia!"
The villagers started talking amongst themselves after I said that. I heard the name "Nadia" spoken many times. Then I heard the words "Blue Water", which puzzled me because none of us had mentioned Nadia's gem since we crashed.
The villager who had said "Blue Water" walked to us slowly, bowing as he neared us, and slowly drew a long knife from his belt. He then cut Samson's ropes and presented the knife to him, bowing again.
"Call it a hunch, chaps, but I think they might know who Nadia is. Sangnoir, would you mind turning off the rain?" He cut Mme. Grandis loose, then turned to Marie and Nadia.
"" The music and the chill wind ceased, but the rain didn't. "This is the best I can do, Samson."
"It'll do," he replied while cutting M. Doug's bonds. "Should I let Ayerton loose?"
"I'm tempted to say no, but that wouldn't be the gentlemanly thing to do. Cut him free while I do what we should have done in the first place." M. Doug turned to the villagers. "Do any of you speak French? "

(Yes, I chose the Moby song.)
Then, a few scenes later, the consequences...

I knew I couldn't trust Doug.
I walked up to the hut he was staying in and pushed the door open. "Marie's ill, and it's your fault!"
"Knock before you enter, please, Nadia."
I couldn't believe him! I just told him that Marie was ill, and he's worried about his privacy! "Why?"
"I think we'd both be embarassed if you walked in while I was changing clothes."
"Oh." I hate it when he's right.
"What's wrong with Marie, and why is it my fault?"
"She's running a fever, she's shivering, and there are a lot of little bruises all over her arms. That rain you called into existence made Marie sick! She even told you at the time that it was hurting her!"
"You're probably right, Nadia." I never expected to hear him say that. "Please get everyone together, and I'll do something to help her."
"Why does everyone need to be together?"
"They don't, but somebody else might be ill as well. I can only do this once a day, but I can help everyone at the same time if they're close enough."
"I guess that makes sense." I really hate it when he's right.
As I went off to get the others, I noticed him picking up his helmet and talking to it while walking to the hut that Marie and I shared. I don't know as much English as the men do, so I'm not sure, but I think he told it "
--
Rob Kelk

Re: Two fragments from early in Chapter 3
Stop teasing us, Rob!

-- Bob
---------
A fragment from Chapter 1
A bit of synchronicity - Bob posted a Song of the Day that ties into BSBW, and I've just written the scene where Doug finds out that it's the right song. I'm only posting half of the scene, starting with a paragraph that Bob will recognize...
"I suppose the lions in that circus you worked for got big bowls of oatmeal every morning, then?" I put the sketchbook down and looked her straight in the eye. "There's deceit, self-deceit, and pig-headed stupidity, girl, and you look like you're well past the first two and more than hip-deep into the third."
She squealed in rage, then ran into the jungle.
Well, we'd have to go after her later. Again. For now, though, I thought it better to let her think about what I'd just said.
I switched on my helmet and started my real project for the morning: looking for a song to open a portal to my next destination. I called up my list of possible portal songs, picked a song from it at random, and read its lyrics. Then I thought about what I had read. It might work, but I'd never do that to Maggie. Ever. I love my wife, and can't even imagine cheating on her. But that's just proof that I have a burning love for her, as the song says ... On the other hand, with the local mana level so low, I could only try to open a portal once or twice a week. Maybe I could give my power a little push and get it to accept the song.
I looked out to the bay, saw that Marie was waving to me, and waved back. If anything was to go wrong, at least she'd know about it. I keyed the song's code into my helmet computer's keypad, sat down, focused my willpower, and hit the "go" button. It wasn't pleasant; forcing my talent to do what I want with a song is never pleasant. But it worked; a gateway opened on the beach, just out of my reach. I cancelled the song, the gateway disappeared, and I collapsed.
If I put my mind to it, and stopped GMing the MiB / Sailor Moon game I'm running, I might actually get Chapter 1 done sometime soon. As it is, I hope to have it finished before the end of the year... (I really should make more time to write.)

Oh, yes... chapter titles. I have two, and would appreciate ideas for the other two...
Chapter One: Life's A Beach
(The Lincoln Island arc)
Chapter Two: Once More Onto The Beach
(The Red Noah arc)
Chapter Three: ???
(The Africa arc, which won't go anything like canon by the end... "Just before the battlewagon exploded, I saw a small flyer launch from near its bow. The pilot was good; he rode the shockwave of the blast like a pro from back home.")
Chapter Four: ???
(The big fight)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Re: A fragment from Chapter 1
Oh yeah, I recognize it. Doug is never going to be Nadia's most favorite person, ever.
Odd coincidence, that. Or is it? I quite honestly don't remember every song and who suggested it or when...
Quote:
Oh, yes... chapter titles. I have two, and would appreciate ideas for the other two...
Son of a Beach
The Beach is Back
Beach Goddess
Beachin' and Whinin'
My Inner Beach
Beach of Contract
Beach of Faith
Security Beach
(I did a Google search just to remind me of phrases, and believe it or not, I discovered a group called "Bringing Integrity To Christian Homemakers"; I didn't click the link but I suspect it's a parody. )

-- Bob
---------
Once More Onto the Beach, My Friends ....Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Ebony, that's chapter two's title already.

-- Bob
---------
Random thought
Anything with a long stretch onboard the Nautilus?
"We all live in a steampunk submarine...."
You Beach Your Life
To Beach His Own
Beach Ya Can't Eat Just One!
Just Out of Beach
Beaching to the Choir
Color-safe Beach
Everything's Just Beachy
All We Are Saying Is, "Give Beach a Chance"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Random thought
Ooh, I like "Just Beachy"
Breaking from the theme just slightly, perhaps "Surf's Up!" for the big battle part? Or maybe "Surf's Up, Everyone Off the Beach!"
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Ebony, that's chapter two's title already.
*walks over to the Legendary topic and borrows gavel to bonk self on head* I can only claim distraction from work.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Re: Re: Blue Skies, Blue Water (take 2)
Almost a year ago, Logan Darklighter mentioned:
Quote:
Take this for what it's worth - The character designer for the Nadia and for Evangelion stated that Shinji was a male version of Nadia...
I've found an image to that effect, and put it on my Temp Page.
(Edit: Image is gone now...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
"I suppose the lions in that circus you worked for got big bowls of oatmeal every morning, then?"
(Kowtowing) Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. Every time I hear some obnoxiously aggressive vegetarian say that eating meat is murder, I want to ask if he or she'd tell a lion that. Thank you.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Quote:
LOL! (I must remember to steal, er, use that line for one of my game sessions...)
Weird. I guess the skin color and personality really make a difference, because I never saw that resemblance before.
I wonder if Doug would notice...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
(Kowtowing) Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. Every time I hear some obnoxiously aggressive vegetarian say that eating meat is murder, I want to ask if he or she'd tell a lion that. Thank you.
It's more than that in this case -- Nadia very dogmatically declares something along the lines of no creature actually has to eat meat or something like it -- I don't remember the exact line any more. I wrote that dialogue for Doug after I got really annoyed at Nadia while watching the show. Can you tell?

-- Bob
---------