Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmmm, She Sounds Familiar....
Hmmm, She Sounds Familiar....
Someone commented, back when, about the possibility that Doug would notice that Skuld sounded an awful lot like Lisa Vanette (on account of them having the same seiyuu). I just recently discovered that Inoue Kikuko's roles included Electra in Nadia. I hardly think Doug's gonna forget Belldandy's voice any time soon. Weird coincidence time! What if he hears her speak before he sees her face?
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Re: Hmmm, She Sounds Familiar....
Definitely something for Rob to keep in mind -- and definitely a welcome change from the usual Kasumi/Belldandy confusion you see in crossover fics.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Definitely, but it won't happen for quite a while in Blue Skies, Blue Water.
(Oh, and IIRC, I was the one who mentioned that Lisa and Skuld have the same seiyuu. Bob hasn't done anything with that yet, though...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
Bob hasn't done anything with that yet, though...
I haven't really found the right place for it yet. Plus, from Doug's POV it's been some years since he last heard Lisa's voice, and with everything else on his mind the similarity hasn't hit him. Maybe I'll do a scene where Skuld's trying to wake a drousy Doug, and the voice connects in his subconscious so he says something like "Lemme sleep, Lisa."

-- Bob
---------
I just stuck this into chapter 4 of BSBW, as a reminder/placeholder:
The boat's hatch opened, but the pilot didn't step out immediately. "I do hope you're all well."
"I know that voice!" exclaimed Jean with a smile on his face.
Goddesses help me, so did I. Or did I? I had been caught that way before, thinking that Skuld was Leese because of the similarity of their voices ... so the boat's pilot might not be Belldandy.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Come to think of it, there are a disproportionate number of characters Doug's likely to meet who are voiced by Aya Hisakawa and Kikuko Inoue... I remember enumerating them somewhere once...

-- Bob
---------
Well, here's one that is going to make doug scratch his head.
Rei Ayanami and Lina Inverse.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
I think their mannerisms are probably too different for that one to really come across, unless Rei gets REALLY loosened up and Lina uncharacteristinally quiet and comtemplative.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Oddly enough, I was looking at "Girls, Girls, Girls" yesterday and thinking I should make a note of that very thing somewhere.
And there's a chance Nuku-Nuku might be added to that confusion as well...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Come to think of it, there are a disproportionate number of characters Doug's likely to meet who are voiced by Aya Hisakawa and Kikuko Inoue... I remember enumerating them somewhere once...
Considering how many roles each has played, I doubt anyone has a complete list...
For a start for a list of Inoue-san's roles here's what I'm putting in the BSBW Concordance for the above snippet:
Electra and Belldandy share a voice actress: Kikuko Inoue, one of the hardest-working seiyuu in Japan during the 1990s and 2000s. She has also played Kasumi Tendo (Ranma ), Rune Venus (El Hazard), Aina Sakhalin (Gundam 08th MS Team), Melissa (Rune Soldier), Shuko Suzuhara (Angelic Layer), Oldeena (Figure 17), the Queen of Hearts (Miyuki-chan in Wonderland), Nurse Tatase (Ogenki Clinic), and over a hundred other characters; Inoue-san obviously has a wide acting range.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Indeed. Even though I characterize Megumi Hayashibara as "possibly the hardest working woman in anime" over on the TVTropes wiki, Kikuko Inoue is definitely strong competition for the title.
She's also Lobelia Carlini in the Paris Sakura Wars OVAs -- an unusual departure for her -- and Tomokazu's older cousin in Yumeria.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
"possibly the hardest working woman in anime"
While Megumi Hayashibara might be the hardest working, Kikuko Inoue definately has a LOT more "range".
Based on one reference, Inoue-san also voiced one of the sexaroids who got killed helping Sylvie and Anri escape the space station -- I think she was the one who shoved them into the shuttle and closed the hatch, telling Sylvie to go, because it was too late for her or the other two.
-----
Megumi Hayashibara was also one of the doomed sexaroids -- Nam, I think.

-- Bob
---------
Actually Lou. Nam was the Catty clone and had Catty's voice actress IIRC
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Well, Nam was the one I thought Inoue-san was supposed to be voicing, so I guess either the reference was wrong or I misunderstood or misremembered it (two chances out of three that it was mea omnia culpa). Whichever, it makes me feel damned foolish, especially since it shows I have trouble telling the differences between women's voices.
-----