Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes for Grabs

Give a hobbit a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Turn a hobbit invisible, and he'll eat fish for a lifetime.
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways." -- Bertrand Russell
"Among life's perpetually charming questions is whether the truly evil do more harm than the self-righteous and wrong." -- Jon Margolis
... If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
"Wow, your powers are amazing... hmm, well, I should head to the grocery store now..." - Keiichi Morisato, Oh My Goddess! OAV #1
"We've got to THINK here.  What would Brian Boitano do?" "He'd die horribly, Lina, he's just an ice skater." - Lina Inverse and Naga The Serpent, Ultra Rage Gamma
Jesus is coming........look busy.
If someone else has a good idea, steal it! -- Games Workshop 101
"But who here hasn't wished that they could fix politics simply by jumping in a giant mecha and going to Washington?"
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.  -Unknown
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -- culled from the Ground Zero Games List
"Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense." - Mark Twain
There's a dwarfish saying: 'All trees are felled at ground-level' -although this is said to be an excessively bowdlerized translation for a saw which more literally means, 'When his hands are higher than your head, his groin is level with your teeth." -Terry Pratchett
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion
She was not only Rei Hino, she was Sailor Mars, and in high heels she would punish them! (Okay, that sounded really hentai, but it wasn't her fault the senshi costume came with high heels! And maybe she did have some pretty strange manga, but she just liked the artist's style. Yeah, that'll work. Right?) - Metroanime's "A Soldier's Duty" Chapter 16
"But what an unfortunate side effect."  Akane pointed towards Shampoo. "They only breed with men dim enough to be taken in by their marriage law, and so each generation is dumber and meaner." - Henry J. Cobb's "Scarlet Spring" Chapter 6
"God has to have a sense of humor, it's the only explanation for sex." - Thrythlind's father
"Abuse of power? Isn't that something weak people made up to try and keep those that are bigger and stronger than them from acting like they're bigger and stronger, therefore negating the whole purpose of being bigger and stronger?" - Captain D'Amour "TWPOS II: The Wrath of Monetkahn"
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Richard Clayton on alt.games.whitewolf
"We have to believe in free will. We've got no choice." -----Isaac Singer
After all, if my daughter was turned to stone at school, I'd seriously consider other, less-dangerous, education establishments, though given recent events, a school set up next to a fusion plant built by and staffed with people suffering from Parkinson's Disease would be a safer choice than Hogwarts. - Apprentice Potter by Draco644
"If I let myself get hung up on only doing things that had any actual chance of success, I'd never do anything!" - Elan, Order of the Stick #478
"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." - Marcus Aurelius
“Only difference between Light and Dark is the Light one says he doesn’t like what he is doing, but does it anyway.” - Turn Me Loose, Chapter 3
"Depending on public school for learning about history is like depending on McDonald's for nutrition. You just don't get any substance out of it." - javelin98, post #26,143 of the RPG motivational poster thread.
"One more piece of emotional baggage for me to reclaim from the luggage carousel someday. Maybe if I’m really lucky, the airline of life will send it to Newark instead and I’ll never have to see it again." - Potter Yojimbo, Chapter 4.
"I am the man who will help you fan the flames of your youthful power to greater heights!"
"Arson? Cool!" Naruto said enthusiastically.
"I like fire," Sasuke admitted.
"Konoha shall burn," Hinata added quietly. - People Lie, Chapter 14.
"Once again, probability proves itself willing to sneak into a back alley and service Drama as would a copper-piece harlot." - Vaarsuvius, Order ofthe Stick #584
"Technically they're called: Fun-sized mobile agony and death dispensers." - Girl Genius Volume 8 Page 89
“A shinobi’s heart must be both soft as silk and cold as steel all that the same time, Sakura-chan. You must have the strength of will to both kill people, and to save them." - Sky on Fire I, Chapter 8: Missteps
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime!" - Belkar, Order of the Stick #612
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne, Girl Genius 2008 Holiday Nonsense: "Cinderella", page 007
"Little known Alan Moore fact: He got his amazing writing skills from the devil - Not by selling his soul but by beating Satan up daily for his lunch money until the devil bribed Moore with genius just to leave him alone." - Something Positive, 2/13/08
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi
"The monster who fights with man should take care, lest he thereby become like man." - Nuts!, New Blood forum page on SpaceBattles, 6/6/12
"That's like giving a monkey a chainsaw and hoping that it'll create a new form of art. It might work, but probably it's just going to get messy and end poorly." - Kyon: Big Damn Hero, Chapter 4.
"Welcome to Exalted. Our sun knows kung-fu." - Darth Artemis, [Naruto/Exalted] Twin Suns Burning forum page on SpaceBattles, 8/9/12
"Hello, Yozis. Look at your plan. Now back to me. Now back at your plan, now back to me. Sadly, you aren't me. But, if you stopped screaming impotently against your imprisonment and switched to the Reclamation, you could escape like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in a Conventicle with the Yozi Your Plans Could Be Made By. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's the Exaltations of those guys who defeated you. Look again! The Solars are now Infernals! Anything is possible when you believe the Ebon Dragon and fall for his schemes. I'm on the Blessed Isle." - Spacebattles sig of Horus
"The concept of [Superman] being a walking metaphor of the savior of man is further cemented by each and every action he takes. The only real difference between him and 'The Savior' is that Jesus never punched an alien at mach 20 while firing lasers from his eyes and turning back time. But I guess it's all in the adaptation, isn't it?" - Ars Poetica, Spacebattles, The Last Son of Tomorrow Part III thread, post #376
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Messages In This Thread
Quotes for Grabs - by DeputyJones - 11-28-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by Bob Schroeck - 10-12-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by robkelk - 10-12-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by Norgarth - 10-13-2017, 12:51 AM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by Bob Schroeck - 10-13-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by Norgarth - 10-13-2017, 12:30 PM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by SilverFang01 - 10-13-2017, 07:27 PM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by ECSNorway - 10-16-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by Proginoskes - 12-16-2017, 09:11 PM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by DHBirr - 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM
RE: Quotes for Grabs - by robkelk - 11-28-2015, 09:37 PM