Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Kunoichi Lyrical Nanoha
Re: Cliche's to overthrow
I just read back the thread....it wouldn't surprise me if these folks are the magical variant of the Knight Templars. The guys with the intelligent devices are the foot sergeants. Infantry/crunchies..take your definition. The Templar knights themselves would be just as bad as Hayate's-chan's knights.
Probably worse.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
So, has this one been abandoned? Please say no. [Image: smile.gif] --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:
So, has this one been abandoned? Please say no.
No.
^_^
More seriously, I have every intention of finishing this - I love the characters, I love the concept, and if I can do it in any sort of timely fashion I may well end up the author of the first serious MSLN fanfic on the 'net, which, y'know, 'd be a bit've a feather in my cap.
Unfortunately, my muse is busy staring at Mai's boobs. ^_^;;;
Ja, -n
(Hasn't abandoned TGNH, either.)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
More seriously, I have every intention of finishing this - I love the characters, I love the concept, and if I can do it in any sort of timely fashion I may well end up the author of the first serious MSLN fanfic on the 'net, which, y'know, 'd be a bit've a feather in my cap.
*cracks the whip* Get to it!
Quote:
Unfortunately, my muse is busy staring at Mai's boobs. ^_^;;;
*cracks the whip some more*--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Hide Mai from him! And hold her hostage until he finishes this fic! ;x
RE: Re: Clinch's to overthrow
No fluttering, Fate told the butterflies roosting in her stomach as firmly as she could. They ignored her completely, and she sighed and fished an onigiri out of her obentou. Never mind that it was only a matter of time until someone worked up the courage to come ask her all the questions that'd be pressing into all of their minds, or more importantly that once that ice had been broken all the others would follow, leaning in and talking and pressing and closing and...
She broke off the thought and took a careful, deliberate breath. It was an absurd thing to worry about, and she knew it, but it kept her from thinking on the more important concern.
Why hadn't Lindy told her?
It had to have been a mistake, a miscommunication. She hadn't wanted to worry her, to disturb her... She hadn't known Fate was actually going out today, or had just forgotten, or, or...
Who was she kidding? Lindy was an Admiral, and a good one - she noticed details but planned for everything, missed nothing and forgot nothing, which latter two were mostly a curse in a parent. She hadn't told Fate what she was planning to do today because she chose not to.
But why?
What good could come of a surprise like this? Why wouldn't Lindy warn her daughter about...
...her daughter...
Something in her chest squeezed painfully, and the onigiri slipped from her grasp and feel on the table with a plop.
Lindy was better than that... she wouldn't do that... she, she wouldn't have lied she didn't need to take her in in the first place so why would she want to change her mind if she was going to she'd have done it years ago and and andandand...
She forced herself to swallow a sip of juice. Whatever... whatever Lindy... san... had or had not decided, she was far from the lost little girl she'd been. She had Hayate, who'd never failed any of her friends, she had Alyssa and Suzuka who'd been so supportive...
She had Nanoha, who'd reached out and saved her when no one else had - when she'd never yet had a reason to do so...
It rocked her to realize, though, that if Lindy's change had been caused by a change in herself, then it was all too possible that that same change, being extreme enough to drive away a mother, would do the same to... the same to...
"...Fate-chan!"
The voice that had been speaking in increasingly worried tones for the last minute or so abruptly rose in pitch and volume, and broke her from her thoughts. She shook her head free of the cobwebs and smiled. "Alyssa, sorry. I was just woolgathering - what did you say?"
The notorious 'Miss Bannings' gave her fellow blonde a worried look and discarded any thought she might have had of continuing into the questions and conversation she'd been nominated to relay from the rest of their class. Fate was so utterly controlled most of the time that for her to be this transparent meant that something was really upsetting her. "Never mind that. Fate-chan, what's wrong?"
Fate looked down, not meeting her eyes. "Have... have I changed? Did I... do something and... and I missed it? Is there..." She seemed to flail for words for a moment, then gave up and shrugged, and started to worry at her bottom lip.
Where had this come from? "Fate..."

w00t. w00t, I say.
Ja, -n
===========

Re: RE: Re: Clinch's to overthrow
Very much in character for Fate and yet not something I would have though of.
Very happy to see more of this, you are definitly outpacing my own attempt (which is still being worked on and on which there has been some progress.)
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Very glad to see this! And yes, very in-character for Fate-chan. And her fellow students. GOOD to go!--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
If Fate thinks she has problems now, wait until the Otaku's realize they've got a Real Live Magical Girl in thier school. She will have no rest. EVER.--
Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaught of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
I just wondered
Fate keeps showing up trying to hide various injuries right? why haven't the teachers called the cops to deal with the abusive parent(s) yet? (this would have to be pre-revalation, but it might make an interesting side story ^_^)
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: Wondering
Quote:
Fate keeps showing up trying to hide various injuries right? why haven't the teachers called the cops to deal with the abusive parent(s) yet? (this would have to be pre-revalation, but it might make an interesting side story ^_^)
Err... no, not quite. Usually Shamal is, one, much less tired, and two, able to be certain that she's not going to have to either fight or dive into a life-saving healing on no notice - for that matter, Fate's quite capable of repairing her own injuries, so long as Bardiche isn't out of commission and she isn't one step away from falling asleep on her feet. ^_^
So it's quite rare for her inspector's post to interfere with school beyond making her a bit sleepy the day after a tough mission.
Ja, -n
===========

Where had this come from? "Fate..." Her hand flashed out and caught her friend across the top of the head. "You moron!"
With as many eyes as had been following the Midchildian girl since her mother's TV appearance, it was really no surprise that the lunch-room's noise level dropped noticably as people held their breath so as not to miss her reaction.
Under ordinary circumstances they wouldn't have been so expectant; Fate was hardly a face that blended into the background - even with improved nutrition and flourescent hair dyes finally winning acceptance under the school dress codes, her height and natural blonde coloration made her stand out in a crowd - and the passage of time had made her fellow students quite familiar with her tendancy towards reticent self-control. On the other hand, the day's revelations had left them thinking of her as more of an alien from another planet, and who knew what to expect from a creature like that?
In this case, exactly what their previous experience with her should have suggested - a slight start and a quiet, melancholy little smile. "It's just... Why didn't she tell me to expect that? She couldn't just have forgotten - she doesn't do things like that."
Maria Bannings had once told her daughter that the measure of friendship was in recognizing a friend's flaws and then sticking by them anyway, and Alyssa's list for Fate started with these periodic bouts of insecurity. She stifled a sigh and flopped down in the seat next to her friend - Nanoha's usual place. The sooner she got started, the sooner she could nurse her back to her senses.

I've started rewatching the series; ironically, I had actually made the decision before I found that confirmation of the third season.
Ja, -n

"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
re:
WHAT. Confirmation?! Wheeerrreeee *begs*
Re: re:
Er, here?

Not just news of a third season, but you're actually continuing this fic?
I have just one thing to say:
YES!!!!!!!!--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Good news is followed by bad: I'm putting this on hold until I can see how things stand as of at least the start of MSLN Striker.
Sorry.
Ja, -n

*beats Valles with a boffer halberd*--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
--
*concurs*
*adds other halberd to the mix*
Well. I look forward to it... sort of patiently then!
Huh.
www.animenewsnetwork.com/...hp?id=6828
Nanoha's got the whole knight thing going on.
Re: Huh.
Oh oh.
Linkies for better pics:
img178.imageshack.us/img1...005ba7.jpg
--
[Image: nanohafh1.jpg]
All grown up!
Damm...both of them look hot....
Hmmm..I wonder if they're going to use this in the TV show:
Chrono being married....but I'm not telling to whom.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
So with StrikerS out has anyone been working on this?Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
I'd demand add my voice to those asking for more, since I really enjoyed reading what's up so far, but wouldn't want to be too demanding and annoying. So I'll just keep lurking on this thread instead. Nope, no whining and begging here. Well, maybe a little. No, no I'll exercise some self control. Of course if the whining and begging would help...
Really I think this is good. The characters were on-spot, and I could see it going similar to this if the show had decided to have the TSAB people to end up public on Earth.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Even if it completely contradicts StrikerS, I think this story is worth continuing.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Agreed. Some of the concepts I've worked to build into this are just too much fun to let die... but, while I'm perfectly willing to embrace the title of 'AU', I can't feel right about it if I don't know I'm doing so.
I have no problem with being AU because I chose to. I can't stand the thought of being AU because I was too sloppy or impatient to get my details right.
Ja, -n

"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."