Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Bang chapter 3 up
Re: Nice!
I considered the excessive use of honorifics, yes. I was uncertain what the usage was if the person in question is being extra-polite, whether for formal reasons or to very delicately avoid giving offense while (in this case) in a very delicate negotiation which neither side really wants to fail but can't afford to come right out and *say* so.
==========
By the way, don't pay too much attention to the brief snippet involving the "One". We all have our favorite characters, and this one is the faintest breath of a cameo in the storyline. But he's totally out of place and doesn't belong in the story, so it's just a walk-on. He's not showing up again. [Image: smile.gif]
Ian
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Re: Nice!
Now this was a pleasant discovery to come home to, Ian. Something for me to read tomorrow morning...-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.