Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Bleach]Stray Cat Strut
Re: re:re:chapter 5
Just to be randomly, pettily, appreciative:
Quote:
Wouldn't do to encourage him too much, or else he might get it into his mind to call her 'the L-word' again.
Honestly, of all the talking black cats to give the breed a bad name.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
You rule. --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Thanks, we try.
Can't have Mahou Shounen Ichigo without his magical mascot, after all.
Now also available on Fosfor's ffnet page:
www.fanfiction.net/s/3690..._Cat_Strut
and ... it _would_ be available on my ficwad page, if ficwad hadn't crapped out recently.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Consider it bookmarked and added to my Story Alerts page. [Image: smile.gif] --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Lovin' it.
Like the title says.
I *am* a bit disappointed that you seem to have written out Watanuki (he and Yuuko just go together sooo well (not to mention I like Deadpan Domeki)), but I can live with it.
A lack of Orihime (as I suspect will be the case) bugs me more, but again, this story is just to cracky to pass up.
Where's Uryuu? Oh, wait -- he won't have motive to show up until... oh. Oh, dear. If Uryuu's vendetta leads him into going after Ichigo's sister the way he originally went after Ichigo... yikes. I hope things work out, since I like Uryuu, but I suspect poor U's gonna get beat to a *pulp* first....
...given Yoruichi's shapeshift-enforced ongoing wardrobe malfunction, it occurs to me that Ichigo must be darn near immune to lovely naked women by now. No nosebleeds for this boy!
One thing I did notice: from the beginning, it seemed as if everyone referred to Yoruichi-neko as "she," even before she pulled her first transformation. *I*, at least, got the impression that Y-neko keeps her female voice, rather than the male on s/he uses in canon. Am I right, or did I simply miss some cues?
So... is the butterfly knife Zangetsu's un-released form? Since cannon big-cleaver Z is, IIRC, in a constant state of Senkai and never "at rest." Or does Ichigo have an entirely different zanpaktou this time around for reasons yet to be revealed? Inquiting Minds Want To Know! [Image: wink.gif]
Speaking of which... I wonder how Ichigo's *other* powers (the Hollow-ish ones) are going to play out in this venue...?
Re: Lovin' it.
I'm not certain if it's the anime or manga version (or both), but I've seen replicas on sale on ebay of Zangetsu's unreleased form, and - like most zanpakutou - he looks like a 'normal' katana.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Re: Lovin' it.
Quote:
I *am* a bit disappointed that you seem to have written out Watanuki (he and Yuuko just go together sooo well (not to mention I like Deadpan Domeki)), but I can live with it.
What, you mean the clue about Yuuko's own hitsuzen coming around in chapter 5 wasn't enough to suggest that, yes, Watanuki would be making further appearances?
Quote:
A lack of Orihime (as I suspect will be the case) bugs me more, but again, this story is just to cracky to pass up.
Only focusing on the 'core cast' in this one. She _did_ stay friends with Tatsuki, though ... make of that what you will.
Quote:
Where's Uryuu? Oh, wait -- he won't have motive to show up until... oh. Oh, dear. If Uryuu's vendetta leads him into going after Ichigo's sister the way he originally went after Ichigo... yikes. I hope things work out, since I like Uryuu, but I suspect poor U's gonna get beat to a *pulp* first....
He deserves that much after pulling the blatant idiocy that was that whole Hollow hunting contest at the very least.
Quote:
One thing I did notice: from the beginning, it seemed as if everyone referred to Yoruichi-neko as "she," even before she pulled her first transformation. *I*, at least, got the impression that Y-neko keeps her female voice, rather than the male on s/he uses in canon. Am I right, or did I simply miss some cues?
Cats aren't gender-neutral (at least, not in real life they're not ^_^), so it's not as if it's a _difficult_ thing to figure out that Yoru-neko, voice aside, isn't exactly qualified to be a male of the species.
Quote:
So... is the butterfly knife Zangetsu's un-released form? Since cannon big-cleaver Z is, IIRC, in a constant state of Senkai and never "at rest." Or does Ichigo have an entirely different zanpaktou this time around for reasons yet to be revealed? Inquiting Minds Want To Know!
Zangetsu? What is this Zangetsu you speak of? This Ichigo isn't canon!Ichigo, his life hasn't been much like the life of canon!Ichigo, and so the mirror of his soul isn't going to be all too much like canon!Ichigo's. Let me put it like this - the shikai still includes an oversized blade ... it basically oversizes the balisong until it's of a more impressive size. A bigass balisong with a Damascus-steel blade. I think you can guess the personality from there. It _is_ pretty damn obvious.
Quote:
Speaking of which... I wonder how Ichigo's *other* powers (the Hollow-ish ones) are going to play out in this venue...?
Yeah, those were basically the side effect of Urahara fucking around when he was trying to make Ichigo get his Shinigami groove back on. Not happening in this one. Considering who he's been training with, it's not like he needs them.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: Re: Lovin' it
Quote:
What, you mean the clue about Yuuko's own hitsuzen coming around in chapter 5 wasn't enough to suggest that, yes, Watanuki would be making further appearances?
Well, you moved him out of Kanakura so *smoothly*.... [Image: smile.gif]
Quote:
Quote:Where's Uryuu? Oh, wait -- he won't have motive to show up until... oh. Oh, dear. If Uryuu's vendetta leads him into going after Ichigo's sister the way he originally went after Ichigo... yikes. I hope things work out, since I like Uryuu, but I suspect poor U's gonna get beat to a *pulp* first....
He deserves that much after pulling the blatant idiocy that was that whole Hollow hunting contest at the very least.
Yeah, can't deny that. Although I *like* Uryuu -- once the Hollow-bait thing went wrong, he turned out to be a pretty stand-up guy pretty fast (making allowances for how prickly he is). Standing up to Renji to protect Rukia pretty much clinched it for me.
I just hope he doesn't end up premanently on Team Ichigo's crap list (people have a tendency to develop permanent antipathies in your work, I've noticed).
Quote:
Zangetsu? What is this Zangetsu you speak of? This Ichigo isn't canon!Ichigo, his life hasn't been much like the life of canon!Ichigo, and so the mirror of his soul isn't going to be all too much like canon!Ichigo's. Let me put it like this - the shikai still includes an oversized blade ... it basically oversizes the balisong until it's of a more impressive size. A bigass balisong with a Damascus-steel blade. I think you can guess the personality from there. It _is_ pretty damn obvious.
Ah. Wasn't sure just how strongly "rooted" the "Zangetsu" proto-persona was in Ichigo's makeup. At least in Season 1, it seemed as if they were hinting at a deeper history there.
Quote:
Quote:Speaking of which... I wonder how Ichigo's *other* powers (the Hollow-ish ones) are going to play out in this venue...?
Yeah, those were basically the side effect of Urahara fucking around when he was trying to make Ichigo get his Shinigami groove back on. Not happening in this one. Considering who he's been training with, it's not like he needs them.
Really? Again, it seemed (to me) that whatever is making Ichigo produce Hollow Masks out of thin air and flare Mask-like projections when his reiatsu boosts (ref his fight with Zaraki), along with his Photo-Negative Twin, were something Urahara just tripped over (accidentally or otherwise is debateable) while trying to unlock Ichigo's native Shinigami powers. Then again, I've only seen up to the end of the Soul Society arc so far.
Quote:
Really? Again, it seemed (to me) that whatever is making Ichigo produce Hollow Masks out of thin air and flare Mask-like projections when his reiatsu boosts (ref his fight with Zaraki), along with his Photo-Negative Twin, were something Urahara just tripped over (accidentally or otherwise is debateable) while trying to unlock Ichigo's native Shinigami powers. Then again, I've only seen up to the end of the Soul Society arc so far.
Well, Aizen does say that Urahara was working on (and succeeded at) creating a way to push a Shinigami past their limits by incorporating the aspect of Hollow powers. And it wasn't until after his special training with Urahara that Ichigo went from "rerally powerful rookie" to "character with a faster development time than Son Goku".
I mean, seriously, the Soul Society arc is so shounen it hurts at times.
------------------
Epsilon
Quote:
Quote:
How that plays out depends on how much Ichigo knows about it. I can see him as concerned big bro for his shinigami little sister, but I can also see him keeping his distance for Yoruichi's sake if she doesn't want to risk being recognized or involved in soul society stuff.
If he keeps his distance, then all he might know about the event is that a bunch of hollows started coming out of the woodwork. I'd expect him and the gang to show up for the menos at the end, but again, all he might see is his sister driving the menos back if things play out roughtly the way they did in the original.
Afterward, it depends on whether his sister (it didn't actually say which one gets the gig) or someone else involved tells him what happened.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
So, when should we expect MORE? [Image: smile.gif] --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Quote:
So, when should we expect MORE? [Image: smile.gif]
Not for a while. I think we'll go with what worked for the first bit and try to do the whole arc before posting. That might take some time, though, and I'm leery about setting a deadline of any sort.
Sorry.
-Griever