Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATE/Twilight Flicker: Split Daybreak OMAKE files
FATE/Twilight Flicker: Split Daybreak OMAKE files
... because it's April 1st.
... because I'm back to DSL and spent the last hour waiting for DLs and trying to, ineffectually, write down more Incarna:ENR.
... because Mountain Dew.
... and coffee.
... and ord asking 'how far off target?'. Kami bless him with many Rider doujins.
... and because, while I may not be the best at bringing things to a close, I'm pretty confident in my ideas. And this requires only those.

So, the things I don't think I'll be putting into Split Daybreak unless I decide to make it more of a mess than the concept already is. In episodic format:

file #1 Gate, open! or For a Rose in Bloom.
Endless, yet not.
Infinite, yet defined.
And oh so familiar. The part of him that he'd discovered, that flicker, that glimmer of Eternity that rested at the very core of his Soul, had been here before.
His Spirit knew this place. A realm foreign to the bodies of all but a select few. Amongst whom he was not.
But that was alright. He'd always been good at working outside of arbitrary rules like that.
Although some would scoff at calling the laws of the Grand Reality 'arbitrary'.
He was, at the same time, floating through the emptiness, as if on an invisible tether, Avalon lighting the way through the Nothing towards their common goal, and walking through what his physical senses said was a walkway of some sort.
Pitch black, still. Every step sounded like a cannon shot in the overwhelming quiet.
Whether it was a question of seconds, minutes, hours, days ... perhaps even months or years, he pressed on. Time seemed to have lost all meaning.
That could be considered a good thing, since he was trying to move backwards in that particular dimension.
There!
It was so startling that he paused, mid-step ... or, well, whatever it really was that he was doing.
A tug, pulling on the part of him that he'd long since come to identify as Archer.
But not, he blinked, the sort he vaguely remembered the Spirit feeling when it was being summoned. At least, not in the usual way.
Normally, this would have been shrugged off. He knew himself well enough to realize that both his greatest strength and his greatest weakness was a mule-headed stubbornness. A single-mindedness in pursuit of a goal that was the reason he'd made it this far at all.
But this was enough to reach through the determination, and have both the part that was and had always been Emiya Shiro and the one that was and had always been the Heroic Spirit Archer sit up and take notice.
It was not a plea. That was far too demeaning a way to call it.
The very essence of the thing resonated through the place Between the facets of the Jewel that was the Universe that was the Jewel that was the ... etc. ad nauseum.
The cry of a kindred Spirit, defiant in the face of hopelesness. Tearing its way through impossibility with all the contempt of the Reaper's scythe cutting the threads of life.
There was no real hesitation. If he diverted from the path, now ... he didn't know if he could find it again. Not easily, at any rate.
Tohsaka's expertise, limited as it was when it came to this particular application of Jewel Magic, had been invaluable for that.
But if he didn't divert. If he ignored the call. If he just walked away ...
... then the person arriving to fulfill Emiya Shiro's promise would no longer be Emiya Shiro.
And that would simply not do at all.
A simple act, really. Just ... to turn.
And he did. There was a drop, where the path, the walkway he'd been following, seemed to simply disappear.
He didn't even hesitate. He simply took the step.
The foot landed, contrary to expectation, on something solid.
Another step. Another. Another.
And soon he was running, or the metaphysical equivalent thereof, at least. There was a sense of urgency, of pressing need, that arrived with that call.
Again, there was no indication of the passage of time. Were he to have bothered with counting the steps, he would have long since lost track.
But then, out of the nothingness ... a crack of light. Almost blinding, but at the same time so faint.
So faint.
"Don't open it! You don't know what'll happen!" cried a voice from beyond.
The last step, out of the nothingness, out the odd doorway ...
A body falling against him, sagging as its owner tried to press on with the last of their strength, fingers digging into his flesh. The act of a truly indominable will.
Instinctual action had his hands support ... the girl?
Bleeding. Eyes blazing with pure sky-blue colored refusal to bow down to ...
A glance.
The only word appropriate? Arena.
It's ethereal beauty giving him an odd, twisted sort of impression.
Lie given shape. Given form.
The Reality that Was felt ... odd. Fractured. Warped and looped once and again upon itself.
The people?
A man, tall and dark skinned and light haired. The source of the voice. Face locked in a look of ... puzzlement? Startlement? Disbelief? Malice?
A girl, equally dark skinned and clad in crimson, her hair purple. Expression a mix of sorrow, even resignation, but with a glimmer of something underneath.
And a shimmering, circling, furious sky full of steel.
Full of swords.
Even as he watched, they twisted, turned, and pointed to the girl he supported.
"Run! Get out of here! The swords!" the girl in crimson shouted, her voice clear despite the tears flowing from her eyes.
Metal flashed. Shrieked. Cried out in anguish. The sound was a physical thing, bones vibrating to it as it filled the air.
Instinct. Again. Which, in battle, was often a saving grace.
Shiro stood, among the shattered blades that stuck out of the Arena at oblique angles, one hand steadying the pink haired girl.
The other, extended before him, held a Traced copy of Avalon.
Which he then pulled close, and held against the girl's body. Her wounds stopped bleeding. Her eyes blinked, focused ... and Shiro felt a sense of purpose surge through her before he let the Noble Phantasm copy dissipate.
"Impossible!" he heard the man cry. "Who ... how dare you?! How dare you interrupt the ritual?!"
There was a shimmer, and Reality that Was swirled, putting into the man's hand a sword ...
"He broke mine," he heard the girl, now standing on her own, say. There was no surrender there, though.
Shiro didn't know what had led up to this confrontation, but then again, he didn't have to. He knew the girl, with her blazing blue eyes and impossibly pink hair, her blood stained uniform, her stance that spoke of pure, undiluted determination.
Knew her as much as he did himself.
He grinned, crookedly, and grabbed the girl's hand.
And Imagined.
Eyes went wide. Slender fingers wrapped around a hilt.
"Try this one."
And, even though it wasn't the original, just a shadow, just a reflection, a facet, it was still part of the original.
Everything is.
Everything was.
Everything will be.
And everything is connected.
In Tenjou Utena's hand, at the summit that was the End of the World, Excalibur howled.

file#2 coming soon. I shit you not.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Pretty good April 1st
So, is he going to be hooking up with beautiful anime female idealistic weapon users?
*Imagines Shiro meeting with Motoko from Love Hina*
Bwahahahaha!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
once more, with feeling
... because _more_ coffee.
... and wallpapers.

this is a short one, though.
file#2 Code Red or What's in a name?

His ears hurt. As did his teeth, but the latter was mostly because he'd been grinding them together for the past half hour while the ... well, calling it an argument wouldn't really be accurate.
It was mostly a shouting match.
Well, he'd had just about enough of that.
It wasn't like he was otherwise occupied, and figuring out how to send him on his way ... well, their best Mage contacts, as well as the scientist ones, had taken it upon themselves to look into the question of just how to do that.
It was taking them a while.
And Shiro hated not being able to do anything.
Hence, this.
Jigoku and all the other Hells, how could they think he'd just sit by and watch?
Untested?
Untrained?
Not trustworthy enough?
Oh, he knew that it was mostly his pride, and a hard won pride at that, but those jabs were like baiting an angry bull with a red cloth.
Hadn't he lived with them for more than two months? He'd kept up his skills in the duration as well, so he was by no means rusty ...
... and then goatee had gone and gotten himself injured on an outing, so ...
Shiro _owed_ them this much, at least.
That rang through his head as he changed clothes, got a Trace reading on some gear, and went back.
The shouting had ceased, and now both parties were just glowering at one-another.
Which was when he came in.
"Wow, you do look good in red and black," from one side.
"Huh?" from the other.
"Kid, what the hell do you think you're doing? You have any idea how dangerous?"
"Roy, shut up, heal up, drop some stress, and use the time to catch up with your daughter," Shiro sniped, though there was no real bite behind it. "I've got things to do later, but until I'm actually able to do them, I might as well make sure you get some time off."
"And we're supposed to call you, what, exactly?" the amused voice of Dick Grayson cut in, from one side.
"I'm just subbing in, so might as well go with the tried and true, right Roy?" he grinned, and his favored twin blades appeared in his hands.
"Alright ... Arsenal," the goateed man sighed, throwing his hands up in defeat.

Just felt like something less heavy and vaguely unexpected.
... there will be a #3 ... I'm just not sure what it's gonna be quite yet.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
the obligatory one ...
... because 38C fever since this morning/last night.
... and meds.
... and dedicated to System of Down's 'Soldier Side'
... and more meds.

file#3 Death's Justice or The Soldier of Blades
"Onii-chan! You're alright!"
"I'm okay, just a little out of it," Shiro said, making his way through the room to collapse onto the couch. Trailing some soot and dust, but otherwise uninjured.
Well, that had been ... no. It would have been merely annoying if it had happened to him only.
Those maniacs had been after his little sister!
Well ... as close to a little sister as he had. It was the only description that fit the bill, really. The part of him that he usually called Archer would have been happy to have her or someone like her as his Master, and not just because of the mana reserves she seemed to have, almost ridiculously high as they were.
Still, while he was no longer entirely human, he wasn't a Heroic Spirit either. Best bet he had was something in between. Despite that, when the cry had echoed through the emptiness, once again distracting him from being on his way, he'd responded.
The scene that he'd arrived to was one he would remember for a long time to come.
Rubble. Fire. Ash. The still burning ruins of a building, and in the middle, somehow mostly unharmed, a little girl.
For a moment, it was like he was looking into a mirror of his own past ...
So he went with his first impulse, and pulled a Kirigitsu. Rather effectively too. Who could have guessed that Imaging could be used make perfectly good pieces of faux-identification?
Now, a few years later, they'd come back to Tokyo on her request. He'd agreed with her reasoning, at the time. After all, getting some closure was important.
He just hadn't been expecting a couple of insane magic users to suddenly start lobbing energy projectiles at them ... or rather, at her, right out of the blue.
What the hell was up with that, anyway?
Well, he'd managed to lead them on a merry goose chase through most of the Ward, giving his little sister an occasion to slip away.
Not that she couldn't hold her own, he expected. She'd not started out with Magic Circuits, but when she'd asked her 'dear Onii-chan' to teach her, using the dreaded puppy dog eyes technique ... somehow, she'd managed to emulate how they worked and channel the mana without. What she lacked in skill, she made up for in pure power.
She was still inexperienced, though ... and he wouldn't risk taking her into any sort of battle, despite everything. Twelve years old was a bit too early for that.
Hell, come to think of it, any age was a bit too early for that.
Sadly, it looked like chance conspired against that. Well, he had promised her to let her take care of one of these 'disturbances' sometime soon. May as well start with this. Those two maniacs hadn't been all _that_ powerful.
Both their heads shot up, and Shiro was up in front of her and calling a copy of Avalon to his hand on instinct.
Which proved justified when the wall shattered inwards, and a sphere of energy splashed against the Noble Phantasm.
"Onii-chan? You said I could?"
He gave her a level look, then nodded.
"Can I use ... it?"
That bit puzzled the hell out of him. How she'd managed to copy something that was basically an intristic part of his very Self, he couldn't figure out. But she had.
"Yeah, just be careful. And bring me along. I want to see how you do."
The dust cleared.
Yeah, those two again. Guess I didn't quite lose them, Shiro thought. And what's with the figure skater getup anyway?
"Invited by a new age, I'm the magnificent Sailor Uranus!"
"Invited by a new age, I'm the elegant Sailor Neptune."
He felt the energies surge in the girl beside him, and didn't have to look to know that she was glaring at the two assailants.
"You almost hurt my Onii-chan," she said, with a tone as cold as the very depths of space, even as the odd polearm that was the first thing she'd ever managed to Imagine materialized in her hands. "For that, I cannot forgive you."
The next few words, he almost spoke with her, out of reflex, only halting a moment after she'd started.
"I am the bone of my sword ..." and the Reality that Was surged around them as Emiya Hotaru summoned _her_ Unlimited Blade Works.

*groans* Gah. I'm sick. It took me a few hours to write this down, where I wouldn't have taken one normally.

-Griever
PS. Nate. Sorry, but I'm taking a few days off from our 'Mai' jam. In part because I feel like my brain's gonna leak out of my nose any second, in part because I want to put together a coherent plot for the rest of my side of it.
Re: the obligatory one ...
Quote:
PS. Nate. Sorry, but I'm taking a few days off from our 'Mai' jam. In part because I feel like my brain's gonna leak out of my nose any second, in part because I want to put together a coherent plot for the rest of my side of it.
No sweat. I could use the 'plotting time' too, figuring out the angle to apply the Plot Hammer from.
And persuading my brain to at least wait until I've finished TGNH before it tries to find out what kind of Servant Konohagakure no Tokubetsu Jounin Bakusuta Neshan would make.
I particularly like this last skit, BTW. Whee! Hotaru-chan! Even Sane!Pluto would plotz.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Re: the obligatory one ...
Quote:
PS. Nate. Sorry, but I'm taking a few days off from our 'Mai' jam. In part because I feel like my brain's gonna leak out of my nose any second, in part because I want to put together a coherent plot for the rest of my side of it
Quote:
No sweat. I could use the 'plotting time' too, figuring out the angle to apply the Plot Hammer from.
I second the motion..

Quote:
I particularly like this last skit, BTW. Whee! Hotaru-chan! Even Sane!Pluto would plotz.
You know..this bunny has possibilities..^^
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Fate/Plot Bunny of Dhoom!
"You almost hurt my Onii-chan," she said, with a tone as cold as the very depths of space, even as the odd polearm that was the first thing she'd ever managed to Imagine materialized in her hands. "For that, I cannot forgive you."
Lack of sleep and excessive over dose of caffine lead me to parsing the above to mean that Hotaru-chan is seriously crushing on Shiro-oniichan.. Which means that post Mistress Nine events, which is likely when Shiro is likely to move on, Hotaru-chan would likely be insistent on going with him...
Now, there's two ways of playing with that in the main story itself, one of which is that Hotaru-chan goes along with him, and everything plays out with her as a minor character, or, you can have Shiro leave her behind. But after he arrives and meets up with Saber and starts playing Merlin to her Arturia, but shortly thereafter, Hotaru-chan arrives... in her Mistress-Nine persona and plays Morganna to Shiro's Merlin (
re:Fate/Plot Bunny of Dhoom!
Well, I doubt that Mistress Nine is within Hotaru this time. Which means if Pharoh 90 does show up, he's swiss cheese.
The other option is that Hotaru stays with Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna. Shiro promises that he will come back to check up on Hotaru.
And so he does during the Galaxia arc...with Saber in tow.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Fate/Plot Bunny of Dhoom!
Quote:

Well, at least this one didn't seem inclined to shoot first, shoot often, and not bother with the questions. Maybe age did temper recklesness.
Unfortunately, that didn't make the conversation any less tense.
The two unconscious bodies in the middle of the carpet didn't help.
"... but she has the power to destroy the world! Surely, you must realize that it must be contained," the woman argued.
Eh. Been there, done that, and lived through kicking Gil's ass. So what if that weird polearm - and no, despite what the woman before him insisted on, it was most definitely not a glaive. He should know. He could call up at least four different ones at a moment's notice - and her mana reserves would let her do that sort of damage. Didn't mean she _would_.
Besides, she knew better than to try to channel excess mana into that weapon outside of the Unlimited Blade World, which pretty much negated that bit of danger.
"... and while there is a means to defend against such power ..."
Thanks. Already have one on me. Or rather, in me.
"... the Holy Grail remains lost until," she paused.
Because Shiro had suddenly gone deathly pale, hands clenching around the hilts of instinctively materialized blades.
Hotaru fell in beside him, her own weapon raised, knowing that her Oniichan wouldn't get _that_ angry without a good reason.
"The holy _what_?!"
Because you know Shiro isn't going to be responding positively to anything called _that_ anytime in the future.
Quote:
The other option is that Hotaru stays with Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna. Shiro promises that he will come back to check up on Hotaru.
The more likely option ...
... although, maybe not so much. If she managed to copy her 'Onii-chan's' abilities, even incompletly, then she ought to be able to at least get snippets of memories, not to mention abilities, from whatever she Imagines/Traces. Considering that the Senshi of Saturn had always been (at least, IIRC) 'stilled' by the other Outers in the canon incarnation of the Silver Millenium, her opinion of them would be ... severely biased.
It would take some really heavy groveling for them to convince her to stay.
Or a teenaged Chibi-usa showing up, because she was going through her 'rebel' phase (does she actually have another?) and wanted to learn 'some _useful_ skills' from the one person of whom she'd heard that they'd nearly continuously ticked off the Outers, and more often than not the Inners as well.
So she goes into seiza in front of Hotaru, and asks 'the great and terrible Lady Saturn' to teach her.
Shiro*wipes tear from corner of one eye*: Ah. They grow up so fast.
OTOH, Hotaru actually could work as Morgan pretty well, if only because some myths have her as Merlin's student.
I was actually considering whether or not to come up with an original character for her (as in, Arturia's half-sister and sometimes antagonist), or whether or not to cast ... well, we know how Rin used to sigh at Shiro, as well as Sakura's feelings (and I have backstory plans too). Not that much of a stretch to have the sisters follow him, and end up taking the roles of Morgan and Viviane respectively.
Well, alright, no, it is a pretty big stretch. So, probably not. I've got some plotting ideas I'd like to see about implementing, and some of those already give him enough of a harem to have some people sputter when their 'suspension of disbelief' routines get overloaded by sheer BS.
Plus, I'm going to be butchering enough Greek, British and Norse myths in search of antagonists that the desire for keeping it all straight is making me put down notes.
Quote:
And so he does during the Galaxia arc...with Saber in tow.
Dunno if Arturia would leave her kingdom unattended, even if it were to meet a prospective sister-in-law. Of course, seeing as she's a Heroic Spirit and Shiro is, while not quite there, also not really exactly human anymore, little things like relative time flow in parallel worlds wouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Another brief one that was mostly amusemen:

file#4 Green day or Vader he ain't.
He stepped into Reality just in time to get hit on the back by something.
Still, that wasn't really too much of a concern. It had tingled a little, true, but whatever it was hadn't done much of anything to him.
The demolished room, the woman cowering in front of him and cradling an infant ... those were the concerns. No big guesses about who the call he'd heard in the Between had come from this time.
That the woman seemed to be looking through him rather than at him was a sure indication of the possible reason. Or at least said reason's location.
He turned.
And was hit by some sort of flash of green light, with somebody shouting in the background.
Didn't do much, other than tingle. Again.
"Kami, you're ugly," Shiro said. Justifiably. Gaunt, pale, with drawn and slimy looking skin, no nose ... yeah, no beauty contest winners to be found there.
Well, for whatever reason, the ... thing ... seemed on the verge of having an apoplexy. It shouted again, and this time Shiro could hear the words clearly enough, little sense though they made.
Avada whatsit?
The green light again proved to do nothing outside of producing a tickling sensation, though he managed to pin the source of that down to Avalon doing ... well ... something.
Meaning that had been a spell of some sort, and given the situation at hand ...
... a few moments later the ugly guy/thing in the black robe had been reduced to a bloody broken corpse, though with a bit of a hitch when Shiro had had to swat aside and slice through various inanimate objects that the guy had used some sort of ... well, he supposed it counted as Magic ... to throw at him, as well as, oddly enough, a few dozen snakes that had come at him out of nowhere.
Nothing that had managed to slow him down for more than a moment or two, really, since the response had been one of the best ingrained ones he had.
One of the basics Saber had taught him during their training early in the War, in fact. When facing a spellcaster, rush them, don't let them focus or plan ... it worked, most of the time.
Well, that's that. Time to find out what the hell is going on here, Shiro thought.
Somewhere not too far off, Albus Dumbledore was starting to notice the beginnings of the mother of all migraines.

-Griever
Re: Fate/Plot Bunny of Dhoom!
Quote:
Somewhere not too far off, Albus Dumbledore was starting to notice the beginnings of the mother of all migraines.
oh my gosh! Dumbledore can sense the Plot continuity go bye bye! [Image: happy.gif]
Nice work [Image: happy.gif] i'm just a little curious about Shiro's appearance at the moment.. we know hes going the way of the Archer... but I find myself guessing at what his face currently looks like.. is it a combination of archer and shiro's features?
Re: Fate/Plot Bunny of Dhoom!
The little firefly is just too sweet, in't she folks? Can't help but have her popping up everywhere... doesn't hurt any that she's probably got worst of the raw deals of any of the senshi. I mean, first her father gets all possessed and grr and has to get Slayed, then her adoptive parents use her as a distraction and stab her in the back vs. Galaxia, and then she's still killed, captured, or exiled somehow by the time the Senshi make their jump-forward-in-time trip to see Crystal Tokyo under attack. Is that not just crying out for a little creative retalling?
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Holy what?
Quote:
"... and while there is a means to defend against such power ..."
Thanks. Already have one on me. Or rather, in me.
"... the Holy Grail remains lost until," she paused.
Because Shiro had suddenly gone deathly pale, hands clenching around the hilts of instinctively materialized blades.
Hotaru fell in beside him, her own weapon raised, knowing that her Oniichan wouldn't get _that_ angry without a good reason.
"The holy _what_?!"
Are we talking about the Talismans here? or something altogether?
Edit: so it is! the 3 talismans combined form the holy grail!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Holy what?
Quote:
Nice work i'm just a little curious about Shiro's appearance at the moment.. we know hes going the way of the Archer... but I find myself guessing at what his face currently looks like.. is it a combination of archer and shiro's features?
Well, his hair may look like it's going a bit grey in places, but other than that he looks pretty much the way he did during the War. I'm blaming Avalon for this, and citing artistic license.
Now, keep in mind, this Shiro isn't going to take the role of Archer, even if he's carrying/merged with the Heroic Spirit. Doesn't mean I don't like the character design. Hell, I've got Daybreak plot points set up that end up with him looking like a slightly younger incarnation of the cynical bugger (because Merlin=white hair, if nothing else).
Quote:
The little firefly is just too sweet, in't she folks?
I imagine she and Erstin would get along swimmingly. Hmm ... *scribbles down an idea for a 'what if Hotaru's DDRing of Pharaoh 90 didn't kill her but made her skip Realities and land in Mai-Otome?' fic*
Quote:
Are we talking about the Talismans here? or something altogether?
Yeah, the Grail in SM lore - IIRC, it was called when the three Talismans were brought together. Understandably, given the Grail War, Shiro isn't very fond of that particular myth's appearance.
Hell, if you want a SNAFU, might as well have Shiro and Hotaru act the part of the Menace of the Season ... or at least be taken for such by Pluto, based on his reaction to the Grail's name being dropped.

file#5 would likely have been something out of Kannazuki no Miko, but since I haven't gotten around to actually watching quite yet, I give you ...
TOD or A crusader's work is never done.
Don't see the target. Don't focus on the target.
Feel the target ...
"... be the target," two voices said, in concert.
There was a rush of air as the projectile shot through it, slicing past the cluttered rooftops of the Hong Kong skyline, undeneath a water tower, between two rails of a fire-escape, through a flock of pigeons in flight, and finally slamming cleanly into its intended target.
"Good shot," Shiro commented. One of the things he'd retained not exactly from the Heroic Spirit itsef but from the Class it had mostly identified with was the sort of eyesight one would find in a bird of prey.
This made the feat he'd just witnessed even more impressive. He could have duplicated it, yes, but to the archer who'd shot _this_ arrow the target was little more than a hazy shape the details of which she could barely identify from where she'd loosed.
That, plus the fact that the arrow she'd used had been a bit on the unstable side, or normally would have been for a shot at something that far away.
"Oi! Shiroooooo!"
A pink-haired missile shot from the rooftop's entrance, grabbed his arm, and started pulling.
And actually making some headway until he set himself and tugged said 'missile' up to hang from his arm.
"Hey! Whatcha do that for?" the girl let go, landed in a crouch, and tried to sweep Shiro's legs out from under him. Sadly for her, he'd been expecting that sort of reaction, and the worst he got from it was a thwack on the shin of his forward leg.
"Not bad, but you should know better by now, chibiko," sure, the nickname infuriated her, but he was pretty certain it was more than 90% faked fury. "Footwork ..."
"... footwork, more footwork," the girl groused. "But Shiro, _food_!"
"What, you mean the take-out's here?"
"No, I mean make us some!"
"Wait, who was supposed to get the ... oh," Shiro rubbed his forehead. "Maggie. Right."
Likely that she'd gotten distracted. Again. Oh well.
"Ara ara, Shiro-kun is going to cook today?" the blond woman who'd just completed the difficult shot asked from beside them, with a sort of enthusiasm that, while bubbly, was actually rather infectuous.
Emiya Shiro chuckled, despite the mixed bag of good and bad memories that was his arrival in this Reality that Was.
As always, into conflict. And again, into fire. And, a second time, in close vicinity of a deathly frightened little girl.
And those bits had, in their usual fashion, proved to be little more than the tip of an iceberg.
Somehow, he'd gotten entangled in another foolish crusade.
Well, no. Gotten implied that it had been somehow done to him. Not true. He'd gone into this fully congnizant of what it was likely to turn into.
Again, if he hadn't done so, the person leaving would no longer be Emiya Shiro.
"Aa. Let's see what we can come up with, then," he ruffled the chibiko's hair, before racing down into the building ahead of a bundle of pink-haired outrage as Anita tried to chase him down and make him pay for crimes real and imagined.
Michelle Cheung just followed at her own pace, wondering if she'd have time to read five, or maybe *gasp* even six chapters of that new Harry Potter book before Shiro-kun was done with the cooking.

Ladies and gents, I give you Emiya Shiro in Trace Or Die.
-Griever
Meiun/Zairyuu Mayonaka

"I summon thy body to come to my side, and throw my fate unto thy sword. By the Holy Grail, tonight answer my summons if thou dost abide by my call. This is my pledge: I shall become all the good of eternity. I shall spread all the evil of eternity. Thou, defender of the three spells, come forth from the binding circle, custodian of the balance!"
"What is thy bid- You are not my master."
Shinji spun to face the voice that had interrupted the summoning ritual's script. "What?!"
The Servant that had snuck up on him was tall, at least to Japanese eyes, and powerfully built, and was giving the violet-haired boy the sort of look most people reserved for the unidentifiable something found in the refridgerator behind the coleslaw on coming home after a week-long power outage. "You may have spoken the words, but they're not the part that matters. Where is she?"
"I am your master!" the boy shrieked back, waving the tome that held his spells. "I command you to-yah!" He flinched as the Servant seemed to vanish from where he had been standing and reappear only inches away with a tap of sandal on floor and a sharp flutter from his long, swirling green coat.
One hand flicked out and waved a spiral of brilliant blue lines through book just as they collapsed down into a single point and exploded forwards in a fierce jet, and the other wrapped literally iron fingers through Shinji's lapels and yanked him up to eye level. "If you make me ask again, I'll stop being gentle. Where is my Master?"

...Scarily enough, this actually fits really well. I usually can't see him going anyplace without being overpowering, but...
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
tsk, giving me ideas
*hangs head in shame* *motions a 'raise curtain'*

Alright, so she'd messed the timing up.
Everything else had been in order, though, so why ...
BOOM!
... was this happening?!
The wall behind her had just exploded, and she ducked to the side to avoid the debris.
"Get back here!"
The voice was pure fury. If it weren't for the fact that its owner was still capable of coherent ... well, if death-threats were to be considered coherent ... speech, she'd have thought she'd somehow messed up badly enough to have gotten a Berserker by mistake.
That is, if it also weren't for the fact that whoever this was, he was some sort of Mage and actively using that Magic. And she did mean Magic, not just Magecraft.
"I was so close, damnit! IT WAS WITHIN MY REACH! And then ..."
smash
"... you ..."
crash
Well, there goes the East Wing, a detached part of her mind noted. The part that wasn't cowering in fear for some reason ...
"... had to go and yank me here!! Send me back, damn you!"
Fear? She wasn't normally easily rattled, even by a display like that.
The realization let her throw off the unnatural Terror, raise a hand ...
... and be lifted clear off the ground, and slammed into a wall by an amber colored plane of energy.
The Servant's crimson eyes didn't glare. The word wasn't in any way sufficient to describe that particular expression ...
"Don't kill me! I command you!"
The mystical symbols of the Command Spells on the back of her right hand flared ...
The man's head shot to the side, as if he'd been struck ... it swung back.
"Bad move. Do you know how much pain a human body can take without the inhabitant expiring? It's really remarkably resilient," he hissed through clenched teeth.
Her eyes shot wide, even as an amber glimmer solidified around her jaw, making her effectively mute.
"Now," the Servant hauled up a still intact chair, set it a few meters in front of her wall-bound form, and sat down. Still glaring. "You've got one chance. You try to use ... well, whatever the hell those things on your hand are again ... if the word command even crosses your lips, well, I can make the Fields really sharp and quite hot, so you won't really be risking death through bloodloss if I lop that hand clean off at the elbow, right? So, care to explain to me just what the hell is going on here, where here is, and why the fuck you decided to yank my ass here just as I was finally about to come home after more years than I'd care to count? Blink once for yes, twice for no."

Anger management? What's that?
-Griever
in no way is this or will this ever be a part of the Incarna continuum.
re:tsk, giving me ideas
Dear, me..with that much rage I'd pegged you for either the true Assasin or an Avenger.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
actually
... I was thinking, might as well make it as corny as possible. And that is, in the end, a Shito body. So ...

He sighed in disgust and released those ... Fields ... the amber snapping out of existence even as he spoke.
"Alright. So, I'm stuck here? And you had to go and take the easy way out away from me," he grumbled. "Not like you actually knew whatever ritual you used would yank me over, so not too much point in doing that. I guess we'll just have to play this little game of yours and see what comes of it."
"So ... you don't even know about the War ..." she shook her head. "This sucks."
"Tell me about it. So, what do I call you, anyway?"
"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"
"What ... class? ... were you trying to summon, anyway?"
"Servant Saber."
He snorted. "Right. I'd just as soon lop my own foot off with a sword as manage to hurt somebody else with it."
"Great," she grumbled.
"You're not so hot yourself, kid," he paused, eyes going momentarily vacant before. "Oh, no. No. You've got to be kidding me."
"What? What?!"
He stretched a hand outwards, and grasped ... a red spear, two long prongs extending from where the point should have been.
"Apparently, somebody's got a sense of humor," he informed her. "Servant Lancer, at your ... service. Reluctantly, mind you. Name's Griever."
"Tohsaka Rin."
Nope, both of them thought. This was definitely not the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

-Griever
Re: actually
Griever:
ahh it makes sense now. since in your timeline Shiro never became a heroic spirit.. that would leave his position open for the passing wandering spirit [Image: smile.gif]
makes me wonder.. if the confrontation between your avatar and the other lancer ever happens.. its bound to be interesting [Image: happy.gif]

Valles:
Planning on merging your two Fate stories? I think its quite possibly the easiest setup you guys could ask for [Image: happy.gif] _______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
... and no.
*sigh* I need to learn to put jk tabs up.
Ahem. To make it clear. The above two segments of Incarna/Fate are not, nor will they ever be, expanded upon or incorporated into the Incarna plot. They're just things I threw out late at night while on too much caffeeine.
Who or what or when happened in my interpretation of Fate/Stay Night that led into Fate/Split Daybreak is in absolutely no relation to those segments either.
Ja?

-Griever
A pitchfork!!
Someone does have a funny sense of humor...!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
*snicker*
Y'know, that'd work too. Though I'd meant the Lancea Longini.
-Griever
Re: *snicker*
nuts.. ah well one can hope... [Image: happy.gif]
Re: *snicker*
I was thinking earlier - the thing about Merlin having supposedy overseen Arthuria's conception could well be a retold misunderstanding - the actual statement was that he'd been looking for/after/something-like-that her since before she was born in this world.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
a sage and advisor
Typical corny/romantic statement:
Shiro: I have traveled across the ages, looking for someone like you. No. Looking for you.
*shrugs* Could work.
Merlin actually showing up messed with my plotting a bit. Problem being, if I've got his character down right Shiro would likely say 'screw causality' and not be content with the role of a 'wisened' advisor in the background when he could be helping out directly ...
... wait. Idea! I can still work with this. *bwahahaha*
*cough* Damnit. This means doing more research. Or ... hmm ... maybe not neccessarily.
Aaaaaa .... ctually, if we assume that his control of where he's going is better than the control of _when_ he's going, I can just fit it into ...

file#?? - Flickering Fate or Time is where you find it.
It was over. Finally.
He didn't know how long they'd been on this accursed island, since things like the passing of days or even one's need to sleep and fatigue seemed to have been suspended somehow.
Considering the name, it made sense, actually.
"Are you certain you will not reconsider, my sword brother?" The man standing beside him on the shore asked.
A ship rocked, moored, off beyond the treacherous reefs that surrounded even the most hospitable of possible landing places. Sort of gave the idea of just how friendly this pile or rock in the middle of nowhere really was. A small boat, four men at the oars, was making way towards the beach.
The man wasn't speaking his language, but that was another thing Shiro had managed to 'inherit' from the Heroic Spirit - which needed to understand any and all of the spoken languages of humanity.
The place, the facet, was right.
The time, however ...
Time.
Shiro had to chuckle. Beside his 'sword brother', the living incarnation of that particular element stood.
"I'm sure," he finally said. "As much as I'd like to see the famous Gardens of Babylon, this ... time ... is not when I need to be. Maybe even ... maybe I've even changed too much."
"Too much of what? You helped me in changing my Fate, but what of yours?"
"Mine? No, I don't mean to change my Fate. That's already shattered."
"Then ... Oh, by the Gods," the man startled, and laughed. "A woman! I'm sure of it. Only one thing can drive a man to endure this much, if not the desire to save one's own life."
"As you've aptly proven not a few hours ago," the 'incarnation of time' cut in as she leaned into the man's shoulder. "Not that I am not grateful for your efforts and their results."
"There are some lingering energies around this place," Shiro said, turning his back on the sea, facing the crumbling Fortress of Time. "I think I can use those to send myself forward by enough of a margin."
"If that is what you truly desire to do," the man told him. "Still, you would have been welcome. My father would prize a worthy warrior such as you. If you do not wish it, though, is there nothing I can do to repay you?"
"I was fighting for my own life too, you know," he shrugged. Then considered. "There may be something, though."
They watched the man, this 'Emiya Shiro' - an odd name, that - ascend back into the Fortress, even as the boat carried them further out to sea.
It was, Gods willing, the last time either had to see the battlements of this ancient, tomb-like structure.
"Do you think he will succeed?" the man asked.
The woman blinked, as if coming out of a daze, and shuddered. Then turned her back on the Island. "Perhaps. Although Fate is not an easy thing to overcome."
"A journey through time itself, to fulfill a promise. A magical sword, a far off land," the man chuckled. "It's like something out of the old tales."
"From what you've told me, that very same thing could be said about your own life," the Empress of Time jibed.
"Well ... perhaps," replied the Prince of Persia, then drew himself up. "I swear though, I shall repay him. Not only will I do my best assure his message is delivered, no matter how many centuries will pass until it can be, the one to deliver it shall be one to best advise the ruler of that far off land. By my word, I shall."

Well, history went its way, but the family tasked with the delivery of the message and the education of an advisor when the time came survived and spread. A precious few among them had the gift and became Mages, and eventually the story of the old, undecaying scroll with its ancient Babylonian seal faded to a mere family legend. Still, they persevered.
Until, that is, a branch of it that followed the Romans into Britain and settled there heard of the Sword in the Stone.
Thus, the scroll was delivered there, and the various sages - a tradition in the family - competed for the prestige of being the one to open it.
The victor was a man by the name of Merlin.

-Griever
who really wishes he wasn't strapped for cash, because Two Thrones looks really nifty but can't really be played without a functional console. *sigh*
re:a sage and advisor aka Grumpy Shirou
Quote:
Until, that is, a branch of it that followed the Romans into Britain and settled there heard of the Sword in the Stone.
Thus, the scroll was delivered there, and the various sages - a tradition in the family - competed for the prestige of being the one to open it.
The victor was a man by the name of Merlin.

You know, I figure that if Shirou hears about this, he's going to cuss up a storm. There he goes, trying to change Fate, only to find out that what he does actually falls into the pattern laid out by Fate itself.[Image: Bansho.jpg]

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!