Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation
Observation
Quote:
Dave had recently gotten himself a top line street racer. I believe it was a Ducati 916, or something very similar. And he'd been riding it for about a month at the time of the story, just letting the engine "break in". Nothing crazy. Normal driving. Then he went to visit some relatives down in Houston over the weekend. On his way back, he decides, since he's got all day to get back to the Dallas area, to take the opportunity to test the bike. He gets off the main highway and starts looking for some good back roads. Old two lane highways and such that aren't used much anymore since the interstate went through. He soon finds what he's looking for.
This paragraph brought to mind my reading somewhere that Mai-HiME's Natsuki owned (and repeatedly abused), some flavor of Ducati.
A few quick web-searches later, I'm sorta boggled at the implications of just how much SEARRS must have handed to her mother for her.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"I'm terribly sorry, but I have to kill you quite horribly now."
Re: Observation
Does it change your opinion of her for the worse ("she sold her child for how much?") or slightly for the better ("No one in their right mind could resist that much temptation")?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Re: Observation
The latter, on reflection. My suspicion is that she had, initially, thought that nothing they had planned would be harmful to Natsuki, and that she did a runner after finding evidence otherwise... but I'm aware that I can often be overgenerous.
Ja, -n

Observation II
The Lambda Driver system could very well be an extremely crude form of Intelligent Device.

Re: Observation II
Hmm. Interesting thought, that... thinking up a little Full Metal Nanoha, maybe?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
FMN
"Captain Theresa Testarossa, I'd like you to meet Special Agent Fate Testa... rossa... Ohboy. Anyone who thinks this is a mere coincidence? Show of hands? No, I didn't think so."
"The bad news is, there's a faction of the TSAB council that thinks the Whispered are actually Intelligent Devices, rather than *people.* The good news is, there's a larger faction who just want all the Whispered classified as Lost Logia. ...okay, so that's only *relatively* good news...."
"Sosuke wants to test out Arbalest's new Lamba upgrade -- he and Nanoha are going to have a no-holds-barred sparring match. You didn't need that island anymore, right?"
"All right, I wanna know WHOSE bright idea it was to get Fate and Tessa drunk together, and I want to know NOW! Because the recording of them doing karaoke together is going into the archives, NOT on YouTube!"
"Let me get this straight -- the Two Testarossas have been abducted (dunno *how* anyone could nab Fate, though), and Sagara and Takamichi are teaming up to go after them? Does our insurance extend to vaporised continents? ...that was a rhetorical question."
"Raging Heart -- SET UP!"
"Bardiche -- SET UP!"
"Tuatha de Dannan -- BATTLE STATIONS!"
"...A simple power switch seems much more efficient. Wouldn't you say, Al? Al? Al, you do NOT need a shouted activation command, now stop pouting! Al!"
Re: FMN
sigh I really should get back to my Nanoha FMP cross. But I have no time. (well I should have more time come wednesday)
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."