Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.short]The wonders of technology
[v.short]The wonders of technology
Tonight was movie night. Guess what I went to see.
---------
... well, that could have gone better.
Wish my head wasn't ringing like a damn bell at Sunday mass, too, come to think of it.
Ouch.
And here I am, all dressed up with nowhere to go. But up, that is.
Father would be proud ...
... fuck that.
I'm pretty sure I don't have a concussion, though, despite the fact that I think I blacked out there for a moment.
Eh, maybe it's just my head getting used to being introduced to steel girders. Once the disbelief about my skull not being splattered all over the landscape as a result of that passes, it's nothing to get too excited about.
Aaaaand the fact I just thought that must mean I got knocked around harder than I thought I did, since it did not sound sane in any way, shape, or form.
Wait, I'm thinking _sanity_.
Right. Sanity.
Nice.
Good joke there, me.
I think sanity went straight out the window the moment I decided to a)have conversations with dear old dad, who's been dead for the past couple of years, or b)play the glorified, dress-up version of cops and robbers.
Still trying to figure out which one the fuck I'm supposed to be on the latter, by the way.
I groan, pick myself up to my hands and knees, and shake off the cobwebs ... oh, bad _bad_ fucking pun there.
Just in time to see my friend about to get skewered by a piece of my own equipment, which is being swung about by someone, or some_thing_, that's black, hissy, and has far too many teeth for comfort.
There's a moment I want to dash forward and try to put myself in-between the sharp and poky bits sticking out from one 'wing' of said piece of equipment, before my brain comes back on from ... well, what'd you know, I _am_ concussed ... swimmingly fabulicious, that ... and I reach for the belt, flip a catch open, and double tap.
The glider, still in mid swing, blows up in the black thing's face.
Its/his screech of pain is music to my ears.
"Well, that was bracing," I say, and Pete looks at me like I've grown a second head.
Hi, I'm Harry Osborn.
I'm quite possibly insane, and recovering from a case of severe MPD with homicidal tendencies thrown in for good measure.
And I fucking _love_ technology.
Ain't it grand?
---
The Goblin: Legit?!?!
a shameless ripoff of another man's concept
----------

Driven by my 'meh' feelings about the third movie. Seriously, the plotholes. Argh. The plotholes. And what's with the crappy retcon? For cripes' sake, leave it be! It ain't broke! Trying to work it around will just turn this into another Marvel tale of wagging the dog. Somebody go hang the writers already.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: [v.short]The wonders of technology
another case of couldn't-leave-it-well-enough-aloneitis, huh?Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Yeah, well, what were you expecting?
I wouldn't be me if I didn't pull this sort of crap.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
not you, you're fine. Push button, recieve darkfic.
_Them_, them which had to meddle in spider man's backstory.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979