Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
little snipet based on the quotelets tread.
little snipet based on the quotelets tread.
Well one of the snipest bob posted won't get out of my head, since in an RPG long ago I had a mech named Kirika...
no plans to continue this but with this out of my head I will hopefully finish my work and get back to fenspace.
I raced down to the hangar, desperate to stop her before thousands of lives where lost uselessly. The hangar hummed with the power of three fusion reactors coming to full combat power, and the clanking sounds as the hundred ton mech disentangled itself from it's docking bay. I place myself in front of it as it glides out of the bay with amazingly graceful steps for such a large and bulky looking machine.
"Get out of my way, Doug."
I shook my head. "I'm sorry, Kirika. I can't let you do this."
Barely suppressing a gulp as her four medium plasma lances took aim on me, even though I knew this to be just a reflex action in response to her irritation.
"Don't make me escalate this," she said softly. "I know your limitations."
I let a little smile creep out. "That's as may be. But you don't know all my strengths."
"Unless one of those strengths is surviving hard vacuum I'd suggest you get out of the way. I'm starting to empty the hangars atmosphere in ten seconds." Zephiris, the ship AI, announced, interrupting our little starting contest. "Sorry Doug, but Kirika does outrank me."
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: little snipet based on the quotelets tread.
"That's okay, Zephiris, you're just following orders..." I waited for a second to see whether he'd reply, then spoke to my helmet. "System. Load song 'I'm a Pioneer'. Play song."

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I figured Pioneer would keep him safe, but it does nothing to stop Kirika. Can Doug even imobilize a mech that heavy without hurting it?
PS: I can just see Doug shortening the name to Zeph or something, rather than say the full name all the time.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
Well, electrokinesis can do some amazing things with electron-computing-based mecha. He could probably even stop the place from venting. It would just jangle pretty harshly off of his principles of "AI are people too" and the anti-slavery thing.
For that matter, Dust In The Wind is horribly effective against unemPowered nonbiologicals. If she has no weapons and no limbs, it's unlikely she'd be able to hurt anything.
Other than those two, it depends on what the mecha is hardened against, exactly how large/heavy it is, and so on.
Hmm I don't think electokinesis could affact their actual minds, their archetecture, both mundane and magical being too strongly hardedned against that, but you could probably excersize a fair deal of control over their equivalent of the voluntary nervous system.
Not enteirly sure if dust in the wind is a good choice either, do we know what it does to antimater containment? (besides disolve it?)
Also when a friend starts disolving parts of my body and I have a gun I call them a former friend and shoot them, and unlike Kirika I'm not a purpuse built warmachine, and she already has the plasma lances aimed, and they are meant for heavy anti-fighter/light anti-ship role. If it comes to shooting Doug would have a very small chance of survival. What he needs is something harmless to restrain Kirika so he can talk her down before she starts a war or something.
Anyway I have no intention of continueing this (though if someone else wants to they are welcome to) unless there is a lot of demand for it. I'd rather work on fenspace.