• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ninjin, a B5/???? Crossover Short
Ninjin, a B5/???? Crossover Short
-----------
Ninjin,
A B5/?? Crossover Shortfic,
By Aleh
-----------
The Earth-Minbari war was a disaster for the Earth Alliance. In the end, Earth's forces were forced to mount a final, desperate defence against the Minbari forces, a defence that they knew they could not win. Nonetheless, the Alliance forces courageously fought, selling their lives as dearly as they could.
On the cusp of defeat, however, they were saved by an unlikely source. An unknown ship, composed of several black, crystalline spikes centered around a red ball, appeared, as if out of nowhere, and devastated the Minbari forces. Within a few seconds, half the Minbari fleet had been destroyed. Within a minute, the entirety of the Minbari force had either been destroyed or had retreated.
While attempts at communication with the Alliance's mysterious saviour were successful, the responses were somewhat confusing, consisting of a language that appeared to be composed entirely of variants on a cat's meow. Given the emotional undertones, however, it quickly became apparent that the ship could understand the communications that were sent to it, and was replying as best it could. After several minutes of questioning, the Alliance managed to interpret that the mysterious ship wanted to land. Not wanting to offend their mysterious and rediculously powerful savior, the Alliance's leadership quickly directed the ship towards a landing area on a military base in Nevada.
Much to the shock of those present at the base, however, the ship, upon reaching its designated landing zone, appeared to collapse, before turning into a small creature that appeared to be a bizzarre cross between a cat and a rabbit. Judging by its reactions to the various personnel present, it was friendly, but, as an unknown factor, finding out more about humanity's savior was a high priority. In the end, Psi-Corps sent a P-12 rated telepath to attempt to make contact with the friendly being.
Upon scanning the small, grey cabbit, however, Alfred Bester had only one thing to say.
"My God, it's full of carrots."
-----------
This fic came about as a result of the latest spat of Tenchi crossovers that managed to completely underestimate the power levels of the Tenchi cast, as well as some of the cliches of B5 crossovers.
And yes, Ryou-ou-ki is that powerful.
-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Re: Ninjin, a B5/???? Crossover Short
Um, yeah. Reaction times might be a problem if the Tenchi cast tried to fight the DBZ cast, but nothing else really would. They'd probably do pretty well against the JLA, Three Cheese battle line and all.
- CD That's the Big Blue Cheese (Supes), the Big Red Cheese (Flash), and the Big Green Cheese (Lantern)SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: Ninjin, a B5/???? Crossover Short
I'm sorry, I could have sworn you just called Flash the Big Red Cheese.
That cognomen is reserved by long tradition for Captain Marvel. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
(If Sivana ever met Steve Rogers, would the phrase "American Cheese" be bandied about?)
Re: Re: Ninjin, a B5/???? Crossover Short
*Shrug* This was sort of a response to Warringer's latest spat of "crossovers", in which the Tenchi cast has problems with the B5 races (Back Home) or the Cylons of BSG (I forget the name of that one).-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
I havn't been following those, but my thoughts on those matchups depend on which version of the Tenchi cast is involved.
The TV series versions might be abount on a par with the B5 races, though they did mount a sucessful raid on Jurai, which was supposedly the primary superpower of the galaxy, complete with scary-powerful border and planetary defense systems. So when I say parity, I'm talking about one to three ships with less than a dozen people on the Tenchi side Vs fleets on the B5 side. The White-stars later in the series might not need such overwhelming odds for parity.
The OAV/GXP versions are literally god-like when they are really hitting their stride, outclassing the elder-race planet-killer weapons.
BSG Cylons? The old-school ones with energy weapons and clumsy reactions are hopelessly outclassed by either version. The new-style ones have less advanced hardware, but better software, but they aren't going to hack Washu-systems or Jurai trees.
Now I'm going to have to look these fics up just to see what prompted this from Aleh.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Both were based on OAV continuity. So is this fic, BTW. As far as I'm concerned, the TV series is a bad knockoff.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
-----------
Ninjin 2: Circles,
A B5/?? Crossover Spamfic,
By Aleh
-----------
Jeffrey Sinclair was having a strange day. First, his squadron, not to mention his species, was saved by what was apparently a transforming, dancing alien battleship hell-bent on preserving its supply of carrots. Then, he had a civilian visitor in his barracks, despite the blatant impossibility of that, who turned out to be a woman with /blue/ hair, of all things, dressed in what looked like bizzarre ceremonial robes.
Oh, she had red eyes, too, but they actually worked with her face... not to mention the strange marks on her forehead.
"Hello, Mister Sinclair," she said, her voice startling him as he realized that they were alone in the normally-crowded area.
Quietly reaching for his PPG, Sinclair decided to try the diplomatic approach first. "Hello, Miss," he replied. "How did you get here?"
The woman laughed, her voice taking on a musical quality at her obvious amusement. "I always have been here, and I always will be," she replied, before dismissing his concern. "But that's not important."
"Then what is?"
"Tell me, Mr. Sinclair, what do you know about the Minbari... or, more specifically, a Minbari named Valen?"
Several minutes later, Jeffrey Sinclair's laughter echoed throughout the barracks.
-----------
Emotions were running high at the meeting of the Grey Council. The Minbari had suffered losses greater than any in memory, all inflicted by a single ship. More, a /Vorlon/ had appeared at the meeting. That, in and of itself, would have made this a truely notable event.
Unfortunately, the Vorlon seemed almost... annoyed... as the proceedings went on, and one of the Council members decided to ask the inevitable question.
"Was this the work of the Shadows?"
The iris on the Vorlon's encounter suit narrowed. "No."
Murmurings broke out throughout the Council as they digested that news.
"Then who was responsible?" asked Satai Delenn.
"Valen's Second Law," answered the Vorlon, before it turned and left the room.
Once again, mumurings broke out, as the meaning of Valen's Second Law had been a mystery for over a thousand years. Now, however, it became clear.
"Minbari do not endanger Ryou-ou-ki's carrot supply," muttered Delenn, quoting the law whose wisdom had only now revealed itself.
-----------
This was inspired by some of the comments on the original short. I'm not satisfied with this, but it covers the consequences, I think...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.