Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Potterbuny
Yet another Potterbuny
Picture this for a shortfic or spam fic, what have you.
A Mundane facing death eaters. Note that I said "Mundane," not "Muggle." This version of the term comes from Steve Jackson Games' Illuminati University. In short, the guy is so "normal" that magic, psionics, esoteric martial arts, et cetera, DO NOT WORK IN HIS PRESENCE.
Discuss.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Yet another Potterbuny
And if he's got the most powerful version of "Mundane", werewolves turn into guys in rubber masks, vampires into people with whiteface and plastic fangs, etc.
I like this idea, I really do.
Hell... the idea of crossing Potter with IOU on a larger scale is suddenly starting to appeal to me... Harry could almost certainly get there via L-Space, if no other way...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
...Oh God.
Oodles and Oodles of Powers He Knows Not.
Mainly because even the majorly INSANE don't come up with the sort of things taken as not only granted, but BORING.
Eek.
...I have got to get back to work on A Time and a Place for Everything.
Which is, in my and Chibi Konatsu's minds, beginning to mutate into more of a setting than a single story.
--Sam
"Why are we hanging upside down over Tokyo Disneyland?" (Ranma on his first trip to the Dueling Platform)
Quote:
...Oh God.
Oodles and Oodles of Powers He Knows Not.
Oh yeah. And if Voldie's stupid enough to try to inflitrate or even invade IOU to get at Harry or some other target, he deserves everything he gets.
But it'd be more interesting to see Harry (and Ron and Hermione, too) pick up new stuff there and come back home with it, to surprise everyone.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Honestly, I worry about Hermione in this setting. I foresee three possibilities. In decreasing order of probability:
Brain Crash
Dark Lady Brainiac
Technomage Valkyrie Hermione
Ron would be going 'Huh?!?' over the tech while being relaxed in the Magical departments.
Poor, poor Harry. Having a capital F.A.T.E. fate over his head would make so many people want him. In the Washu sense.
Quote:
And if he's got the most powerful version of "Mundane", werewolves turn into guys in rubber masks, vampires into people with whiteface and plastic fangs, etc.
the question is, if the werewolves/vampires take off their "makeup" while in the presence of the Mundane, what happens when they leave? are they normal human again? do they turn back to what they were? do they die?
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Under GURPS IOU rules, I believe the loss of "makeup" doesn't affect their true nature, i.e. they'd revert as soon as they left the Mundane's notice.
--Sam
"Well that guy's nekkid."