Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGC Bunny/Seed/Opening
Re: They come from New Mexico...
Meh. It would have been cool, but then you went and didn't include Kaos.
Seriously, though, neat idea. If a little over the top. I mean, what's to stop people from ...
*twitchtwitch*
Sponsored by Kazahana-Schrdinger, established manufacturers of vibronics equipment, coming to you live from wherever the hell they might have ended up this week:
The Julia - close combat expert and vibro-wire virtuoso in shades of green and gold. Fast, agile, no great armor value but very flexible. Weapons loadout limited to fingertip claws, gauntlet-housed vibro-wire (a lot of it, though), and an over-the-shoulder compressed gas grenade launcher that allows loads from basic fragmentation, to HE RPG rounds. The user seems to favor rounds that explode on contact, scattering a volatile chemical corrosive.
The Kiyohime - generalist with a focus on close combat, this one in black and royal purple. Primary weapon is a vibro-blade fitted naginata. It also fields a head mounted laser projector, and a discardable back/shoulder mounted micro-missile launched with nine chambers and space for two magazines.
The Duran - a dedicated shooter/heavy support unit, steel-blue with white accents, it's close combat weapons loadout consisting solely of a retractable, armored spike in the housing of the left gauntlet. It's capable of Ground Effect Flight, but it's primary role consists of getting to an overwarch position and blasting away with its twin shoulder mounted recoilless cannons. The user seems to favor liquid-nitrogen splatter-rounds (code Silver), though the weapons are capable of launching anything from HEAP (code Chrome) to subnukes (code Platinum).
The Miroku - the other dedicated close combat model. Black, with red trim. It's not anywhere as nimble as the Julia, but it's armored almost as well as the Duran and very, very fast, in part thanks to the fact that other than armor, almost all the space went to myomers. The rest because of the impressive power of its thrusters. They can only be used in short bursts, though. It's the heavy hitter, the berserker, the proverbial 'muscle' of the team. Fielding shock-plates on knees and elbows, as well as spiked-knuckle-like assemblies that fold out from the gauntlets when required, the main weapon is a Panzerbrecher vibro-edged sword _easily_ as long as the suit is tall.
The Kagutsuchi - the other long range support unit, though this one is fully flight capable, unlike the Duran. Orange, red and white, it fields almost exclusively energy weapons, as well as an experimental energy shield system. Gauntlet mounted lasers, shoulder mounted PBC projectors, and so on ... the Miroku can probably do more damage to a single target, but Kagutsuchi excells at engaging multiple hostiles and, if not outright frying them, then at least keeping them pinned down for artillery fire.
The Diana - not a hardsuit. More a stealthed ECM/EECM platform, as well as the ride of the resident electronics expert/hacker. A quad-legged frame. Turret mounted laser clusters for self-defense purposes as well as rangefinding and the like.
... *snicker* hell, there's even a built-in plot coming with this. The USSD is working on another Cynthia-model, not having learned their lesson from a few years ago, only providing a tricked-out 33-C as a bodyguard.
Nyaa.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
A 33-S Miyu? who do I have to kill to get one? (
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Catty:
I know a lot about Blackbirds. I know that they also launch on only half their fuel capacity, otherwise they exceed their maximum takeoff weight and are refueled immediately after their airborn. They are very high-maintenance birds indeed.
My idea was that they would take an old airframe, strip it down, and rebuild it with modernized components so a lot of the issues that the old Blackbirds had would not trouble this refitted model.
However, you do raise some valid points - it would be kinda silly to go through that sort of trouble, as much as the Chief Executive would love it.
Oh yeah, little side note: Black Aeronaut Technologies would NOT be publicly traded. Granted, going public is a good way to gain revenue, but it leaves too many doors open for something like GENOM to use as an avenue of take-over. Nope, BA Tech is privately held by several wealthy scientists who's only goal is to provide Humanity the means to go to the stars... Among other things.
Griever:
Oh, so it's Kaos you want, eh? Okay then, he'll be there along with his alter-ego, Den. Kaos would be a great PR guy and archivist while Den spends his time being a tactical advisor to the team. The two butt heads constantly on issues of war and peace, but they certainly agree that GENOM presents a clear and present danger.
I think I will go for that idea I had about the revised team. However, Ben would still be around - he would be to Black Aeronaut what Hayao Miyazaki is to Studio Ghibli. And like Miyazaki he would take personal interests in certain projects, so you can expect to see him in a hardsuit when someone else has made it "personal."
As for his hardsuit? Well, since he's the VIP and the suit isn't expected to see a lot of action, they really splurged on it. Vibro Slingblade on right arm, a hard shield on the left that also houses a pair of smallish PBC's configured for burst-fire only. In the shoulder mount is a six barreled rotary minimissile launcher and a clip for twelve more missiles.
"Mr. Rhodes, your can of whoop-ass is waiting."
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."