Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speaking of Naruto-verses
speaking of Naruto-verses
You know, it's really a wonder nobody's done something like this yet. I mean, it's really rather obvious, when you think about it. There's been various hints and all in some fics, but that mainly involved the Kyuubi.
Not here. Nope. Where's the fun in that?

Alright, she admitted to herself.
Again.
Things _could_ get worse. In fact, they did.
The first time she'd thought that, the annoying pest of an angel had shown up.
No common sense at all, enough 'good will' to give her permanent cavities, the works.
And not only was the little twerp still alive, she was actually ... fitting in. As scary as that was.
That, in retrospect, should have been a hint right there.
Then came the pig. The vampire. The ... ugh ... _humans_ ... how disgusting.
Still, things weren't totally hopeless. The interruptions had resulted in a strangely loyal bunch of retainers ... she was almost aghast to realize that she counted herself among their number.
Memories, schmemorier, he was _still_ managing to mess with her head.
In and of itself, though, things hadn't been too bad. Or at least she'd gotten used to the flow of them.
The familar sounds echoed in the castle's corridor, giving advanced notice of those approaching ... and grating oh so terribly on her fragile hearing.
About the only two redeeming qualities the newest ... addition ... had were that he wasn't an angel or a human ... well, not entirely ... and that he was less a fighter and more a force of nature once he let said nature take its course.
Sadly, this wasn't enough to offset the rest ...
And *shudder* the Prince actually _liked_ him. Or hated him. Or ... well, to tell the truth, once she'd gotten over the initial irritation the arrival of this latest buttsore caused, she'd realized he and the Prince had a lot in common ...
Whereupon they proceeded to display that 'Like draws to like' was not true at all.
The arguments, the shouting, the occasional explosion ... if they weren't both guys she'd have had them pegged for an old married couple.
*Urk*
Right. _That_ mental image had to go. It had to go now! It had to be hunted down and shot, repeatedly.
The arguing voices came closer, and she proceeded to try hard to clense her mind ... by virtue of introducing her head to the table she'd been sitting at.
They were at _that_ particular arguement again, and bickering like children all the while ...
Etna winced, extracted her industrial strength earplugs from the pouch at her belt, and tried to ignore their ineffectiveness as two voices rose over the din of the eatery, heralding doom to any and all foodstuffs in the vicinity as they declared:
"Overlord!"
"No! Hokage!"
"Overlord!"
"Hokage!"
"Overlord! Overlord! Overlord!"
"Hokage! Hokage! Ho..."
And so it went. Another day in the Netherworld.
Kami have mercy on their eardrums.

Whaaaaat?!
It fits.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: speaking of Naruto-verses
*snorts limeade through nostrils*
Yeah. Yeah, it does.
And I just started playing 2... well, now I know what to name the squad's #1 ninja...
--Sam
Prinny = explosive note on (peg)legs
also ...
The classics! Why does _nobody_ remember the classics, damnit?!

"Then it's true, they hired you for only 20 pieces of gold?"
It was an oddly still afternoon, the reeds hardly moving, the water of the river hardly flowing, a few sakura occasionally floating past. The sort of quiet you get when the elements seem to take breath, brace themselves, and prepare to rush ...
... it was making him nervous. Then again, 'nervous' was sort of normal for him. He'd been a hyperactive child that had grown into a hyperactive teenager ... though his sensei was trying to teach him patience.
"Yeah."
That was his sensei ... soooooo cool! It was like Sasuke-teme, only without the part where he was constantly being an asshole. The blond hadn't known you could do it that way.
"But the sword we stole was a precious treasure given by the shogun! And they're paying you only 20 pieces of gold for getting it back for them? You fool!!"
There were three of them, perched on the wooden railings of the bridge. Two in front of sensei and him, one behind. Armed, though not particularly well, all things considered ...
Not that his sensei was well armed, either, compared to some people he'd met and grown up amongst.
But he was so _cool_ ... sorta like shark-freak, and eyebrowless-freak, and fuzzy brows freak, just, y'know ... better. Less stupid.
"They're a poor small clan. You can't swindle 300 pieces of gold for a sword, you're asking too much. You're the fool."
Did he mention how damn cooool his new sensei was yet? Well, it bore repeating.
"Ano sa, ano sa! And that's where we come in! That's our nindo, you know, temeeeee!" Naruto fox-grinned from under his straw hat.
Then sensei tossed his rice-ball, and things went straight to ... well, actually it wasn't that bad. In the end, he'd managed to actually keep up and drop one of the bandits before sensei had.
Still not as cool as Jubei-sensei, though.
Oh well.
He still had two years until he had to go back to the Leaf, and he was learning all _sorts_ of neat stuff ...

Naruto/Ninja Scroll !! Represent, foo.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
For the sake of random...
www.fanfiction.net/s/2949652/1/
Naruto: Hour of Darkness
It short but randomly amusing. So the series has crossed over with Naruto at some level. (I found this 2 hours before hand.
And prinnies aren't just explosive tags with legs... their reusable explosive tags with legs that will do D rank missions for like 3% of the pay... a summoning contract with the Prinnies is a genin's dream.
*sigh*
Quote:
Naruto: Hour of Darkness
Okay, point ... still, nowhere in there is it as downright zany as it ought to be. So, point on it having been done. No point on it having been done _well_.
I mean, Kyuubi ... a vassal? Er. No. Just no. Also ... why in the name of all that's unholy does the author insist on basing this thing around Konoha still? It's just so ... vanilla. And boring. I want to see Naruto infect the Netherworld with ramen-mania, damit! Among other things.
Sooo ... demon? Hmm. Reminds me of something I played recently.

Leaves swirl in the wind, floating past a silent skyline. Konohagakure sleeps, lulled into that peaceful slumber by the gentle moonlight.
"You've heard of it, haven't you? The legend of Kyuubi?"
The explosions come first, ripping asunder the outer wall - huge as it is - in multiple points.
Strange shapes swarm through the gaps.
The shinobi react, and manage the stem the flow of these ... demons ... but it is too little ...
... too late.
"When I was young, the Sandaime would tell me stories about it."
The skies turn from mindnight blue to a red so dark it may as well be black.
Shinobi throw themselves and their jutsu against the inhuman wave, but one after one they're swept aside, or worse, inside ...
The attack is halted as a giant toad drops into the midst of the demons, and a flash of yellow darts to and fro, actually managing to drive off or cut down opponents in tens, dozens ...
"Thirteen years ago, a demon rebelled against his own kind for the sake of ... well, nobody really knows."
A blond man in tattered robes lies in the street, fire raging all around him and the hint of something looming in the air. He's bleeding from numerous wounds, one empty eyesocket, and where one leg used to be ... but his hands are blurring as they contort into seal after seal.
A shape comes into focus above, no more than heat haze initially, but become more and more solid by the instant.
"Was it the battle lust? Was it some form of compassion that even a black heart could feel? Nobody knows."

With the last of his strength, the Yondaime Hokage speaks ...
"Please ... I give you my soul as tithe. Please, save those I'd sworn to protect."
... before his body is consumed by a blaze.
"He fought to defend us, and finally shut the portal to the demonic realm and sealed the evil entity off from our human world. But since he was a demon himself, his power would also be trapped on the other side."

A giant form rages through the darkness, fire and wind at its beck and call, tearing through any and all that would stand against it.
Nine tails lash at the crimson-black sky, fangs tear, claws cut, despite the scores of flaring lines that criscross burnt umber and scarlet kitsune fur.
The kitsune is momentarily still, landing in the midst of a cleared section of the village that's being kept thus by some of the surviving shinobi.
The tails, as well as its claws, start to draw designs in the hardened ground using its own blood.
Night becomes day, noise stillness, and for a blacklighted instant the demons feel horror.
A vortex of power cracks open the ground, drawing all the darkness into it ...
"Unless, that is, he could find a way around that."
A tremendous discharge of chakra.
A pillar of flame.
"He did."
A not-quite-human little boy sleeping in the center of where the vortex used to be, naked on the charred and blackened ground.
"I never believed it. I thought it was just a child's fairy tale. But I discover that the so-called legend wasn't a myth at all. Kyuubi existed."
The back of a black vest, casually slung over one shoulder of a blond boy, flashing a crimson fan of nine flame tails in the morning light.

"How do I know? Well... I met him."

Deep forest.
A kunoichi shaking her head in denial as a maliciously grinning long haired man comes closer, perched atop a giant serpent.
"He saved my life."
A blond youth, looking for all the world like a young Yondaime, flashing between the purple-haired kunoichi and the long-haired snake summoner.
Motion, quicker than the eye can see, and blood splashing over forest underbrush.
"My name is Mitarashi Anko, Konohagakure kunoichi. And I always repay my debts."
Kitsune May Cry, anyone?

-Griever
Re: *sigh*
Quote:
I mean, Kyuubi ... a vassal? Er. No. Just no. Also ... why in the name of all that's unholy does the author insist on basing this thing around Konoha still? It's just so ... vanilla. And boring. I want to see Naruto infect the Netherworld with ramen-mania, damit! Among other things.
We are talking about Laharl here... he can take down literally 2 million space going battleships... single handed... and not be phased or winded. Laharl has different standards... Laharl declaring someone/thing a vassal is also not something they get a say in. He is rather like Monkey D. Luffy in that. He declares you his minion and you end up his minion. Laharl probably just read the name Kyuubi as a powerful demon and decided it was his vassal now. He does stuff like that.
The Kyubi can take out villages of ninja (barring sealing) yes... however power wise Flonne could do that on her own. The power scale of demons given here is genin are level 15-20. Jonin are level 70-75 range. If the 3 legendary ninja are above 150-200 I'd be suprized. Kyuubi is like level 500. Demons of Kyuubi size are canon, like the level 750 that splits into 10 level 75s.
Granted the story itself is a taking place during the second or third arc of Naruto. So yes... its going to be somewhat dull power wise... a crossover like your talking is after Sasuke leaves. Maybe their fight attracts Laharl's attention he snags Naruto for the 3 years of training. That would be more your taste.
The story that is written is more what happens when Flonne and Etna bully Laharl into doing things their way (grant a certain Prinny planted the idea). Also I can see Disgaea happening is the Naruto-verses Netherworld. Would explain Flonne's ninja fixation. Earth is just in the same universe... the Earth fleet got the wrong Netherworld.
I understand your 'vanilla' complaint... but Laharl does declare uber beings his vassals as a battle cry.
Quote:
I understand your 'vanilla' complaint... but Laharl does declare uber beings his vassals as a battle cry.
Maa ... but then, where's the drama? The suspense?
Besides, I think we've done the whole RPG-stats vs. novelization narrative logic thing. Or, if it's not been done here, it's been done _somewhere_ out there.
'sides, if you go purely by 'rules' - and I realize I'm about to commit folly by trying to apply logic to this game ^_^ - Lahral starts off as Lv.1 ... why the hell did they even give him a chance at being Overlord? Unless you powerlevel like mad (something I dislike ... really. What's the point. It's boring and repetitive and a waste of time better spent, say, looking for more Nao yuri) realism need not apply anywhere in there. Comperative levels equally so.
*blink* What the hell am I doing?
This is equally pointless. I could argue about magic/demonic power/chakra working differently within the constrains of various different universal constants in parallel worlds, or any number of asspull reasons for making a Naruto/Disgaea cross work the way I want it to. 's called artistic license, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The 'when?' of the matter is utterly subjective.
Naruto:Heart of Darkness just doesn't seem to work for me, and let's leave it at that.
What I'd been thinking about was more in the direction of a buddy movie sort of story, branches pending, in which ...
damnit, Nec, now I've got the inkling for an actual plot of the damn thing in my head.
-Griever
Actually, there used to be an omake series on FF.net featuring Naruto as one of Laharl's vassels (he got sent to Laharl's castle as a young child). Unfortunately, the author's account seems to have disappeared...
Edit: As a side-note, the whole spaceship thing isn't all that impressive when compared to some of the OTHER things Laharl is revealed as capable of. In Disgaea 2, for instance, Laharl is shown to be able to casually destroy a planet...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
You do realize that Laharl is only level 1 in the first cycle or if you transmitigate? I'm not going to argue raw stats... I'm giving indications of power levels... 2 million ships or a village of ninja. The game Disgaea in the first place is 3rd cycle level of items and resources for indication where in the game you start off. I'm talking orders of magnitude here.
Its only today that I'm getting around to buying Disagea 2... so I can't comment of the game. However in Makai Kingdom, Babalon comments on being late because he kept crashing into several planets on way there... apparently his eye sight can't keep up at warp speed anymore. The point of the Nippon Ichi games is being insanely overpowered.
Quote:
damnit, Nec, now I've got the inkling for an actual plot of the damn thing in my head.
That is my annoyingly sticking role... a muse of random story lines. I blank out when I try to write anything myself but prolfiles and basic plotlines... but I'm full of ideas to share.
For instance... annoy Laharl by sending in Ero-sennin and have him transmitigate into his 20's and end up with a flock of females with large brests around him... thus keeping him clear of Laharl... and keeping him around to gaim training for Naruto from... that and I have to wonder what would happen if Ero-sennin took the his own books as the main thing he level in item world (endless target to obliterate dramatically to impress the ladies in his flock.)
That and watch Sasuke *twitch* when he realizes that if he stuck around for a few weeks he could have gotten much better training than going off with sound.
If all else fails have Laharl Bottle mailed to Naruto or the Ero-sennin... Laharl will be rather motivated to avoid a repeat of the Marona incident.