Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this would be another original bunny, I guess
this would be another original bunny, I guess
It just jumped out of a corner and started gnawing on my head, but - well, it has some thematic similarity with the dream segment that kicked off what turned into Tatsu no Kanshin, except that this time, one of the lead characters is already falling, out of some kind of aircraft, the other lead (gender really doesn't matter for the idea, just that they have as yet unresolved romantic tension) having just barely missed grabbing him/her and saving them... and then going off balancxe and falling out him/her self. As neither of them have a parachute or previously known paranormal abilities (at least, none that would help) they have just a minute or two to resolve their relationship, not counting flashbacks. There are a few specific images floating in my mind - I'm going to name them A-chan and B-chan to make things simpler, but again, it could as easily be a guy and girl or girl and guy or even two guys if it was produced by CLAMP, I'm just a naughty naughty hentai.
A-chan has just fallen out of the (damaged?) aircraft, and B-chan leaned out too far trying to catch her hand, overbalanced, and fell out as well. B-chan does the arrow-formation thing to speed up and swoop over to her, but A-chan smacks her away, cursing her for being a great big idiot. B-chan replies something along the lines of whether they're friends, enemies. or rivals, they've never let risks stop them before when the other really needed help, and a flashback ensues of some previous pinch they got into as a result of competing over something, and had to rescue each other. B-chan swoops in again, this time A-chan takes her hands, so they d0n't have to yell quite so hard to talk over the rush of wind, comments promt another flashback of an even bigger pinch where they worked together, and acting kind of freind-like afterward, or at least with hints of attraction that they don't want to think about being more than freind like. Back to falling, and they simultaneously decide to look down. It appears the immediate terror is gone, becasue looking up at each other again, they share an unspoken admiration of the view, all the while inching closer... then whichever one wears the skirt in the relationship puckers up and closes her eyes, leading into a kiss, and... another flashback! This time, it's the moments that the repressed attraction was almost brought to the fore, only to be interrupted or have the nerve to do it suddenly give out. Kiss ending, they smile wistfully at each other and move around so whoever's wearing the pants is snuggling skirt against her chest, while they fall backwards, looking up at the evening sky with stars just beginning to show. Cut to black, roll credits.
If the OVA did well, it could always turn out that one of them suddenly developed telekinesis or ki-powered flight, or whatever, to allow for a TV series, or a sidekick provides a plot device to save the day.

There was a second scenebunny that jumped out at the same time and attacked my toe - that's where a main character is bargaining with some supernatural force - ala FFX Aeon, or DBZ's Old Kaioshin - and after reaching an agreement, the avatar or whatever says "Very well; prepare yourself. This will hurt." The protag then does the classic screaming power-up thing... but they have a REASON to scream this time. Whther it's just channeling that amount of energy or permanent physical changes or both, it's a moment like when the dentist says "you might feel some discomfort," and means "you're going to think a horse kicked your jaw."
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows