Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZnT: Chop Suey
ZnT: Chop Suey
For lack of a better way to occupy my time (and since Devil May Cry 3 is being obstinate) ...
Zero no Tenshi: Chop Suey
I don't think you trust,
In, my, self righteous suicide,
I, cry, when angels deserve to die,

One: Mahou Shounen Evangelical Katsu ... or something.

"Most people would have tried spinning excuses as to how they'd been unwittingly used as an accessory to a crime," Old Osmond, the Principal of the Academy, said.
"I think we've established that I'm not most people," I was having a hard time not responding with 'gee, ya think, Gandalf?' which I'm not sure he would have appreciated.
His office, in an antithesis of the concept that was 'principal of a magical school', was actually fairly spacious and well organized.
The man himself seemed oddly reasonable, though shrewd ... I'd say I could count myself lucky. I could have been stuck dealing with Mustrum Ridcully.
"I think we could call it even," I went on, blandly. Wouldn't do to make him think that he was negotiating from a position of power. "You and yours knocked me over and dragged me here against my will, I knocked you and yours over and took your stuff. You'll also note that I took care to return it."
"Would you have, if you could have actually used it?" the bespectacled balding guy standing off to the side of the Gandalf-lookalike's desk asked.
Sharp man.
"Yes, but then I'd be on my way _out_ of this backwater world and definitely out of your hair, so the point is moot."
"Well, the Staff of Destruction is a complex instrument that the greatest minds of the country have been puzzled over ..."
"It's a glorified firecracker that can only go off once and has no so called 'magical' power whatsoever," I cut him off. "Very limited amount of uses you can get out of something that's designed go 'boom' and blow other things apart."
That, it seemed, was not what either had expected to hear.
"You mean to say that you actually know how it works?" the disbelief on Glasses' face - I think his name was Cobalt or Colton or something - was plain to see.
"In gross terms. Chemistry. Solid fuel. Impact detonator. The tube you little staff expands into to direct the delivery," alright, so a little simpler, then. "Okay. Think of it like a cannon you can carry around with you."
Apparently, Glasses was something of a budding enthusiast where the sciences were concerned.
Colbert - that was his name, by the by - wanted to spend the next several hours digging through my mind for ideas. Not literally, fortunately.
Magic teacher with a fancy for technology ... well, I'd seen odder things in the course of my travels.
He seemed to be able to grasp ideas quickly as well, which I found out a bit later on.
Finally, though, we cut a deal.
The gist of it being that I'd stay on and play 'ideas taster' to Colbert's inner mad scientist, and in exchange would be given means and assistance to research a way back to where I'd come from. To a self professed hack, it seemed like fair trade.
I'd certainly be in a better position to do so in the premier Magical Academy of the continent than I would have been trying to do the same through other, less direct means.
Though part of me was still insisting on just raiding their logs and records to find notes on _some_ sort of potent magical device or item or being, then take off to try and make use of said power ...
... but, for one thing, that sort of approach had worked out _oh_ so well just a brief bit ago, yes?
For another, it would be useful to have an alternative to having to acquire obscene amounts of pure power and/or have a technological basis ready every time I wanted to Cross.
Also ...
... it would be nice to help create something, maybe start off something grand, without the usual destruction ...
... another, quieter part of me, chimed in softly.
In retrospect, that was perhaps the wrong thing to think, as it seems to invite disaster.
But that would come later.
There and then I had other, more immediate things to deal with.
Settling in.
Getting the lay of the land, so to speak.
Finding some food.
Sadly, those would have to wait a bit also. The most immediate one was the one that sought _me_ out.
To sum it up in five words:
"What do you mean, 'familiar'?"
END One
next up: No bull? You know, at least Takumi was polite. This is legal, how? Oi! Old man! I want some compensation, damnit!
Or simply: getting acquainted.

Tsuzuku!

-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: ZnT: Chop Suey
... gvien that *I* wanted to slap Zero-chan around when she was pulliung that crap, I imagine the only reason she's going to live is because it would annoy the princiapl otherwise.
"Are you sure I can't just kill her? That _would_ break the familiar link, right? I'll even make it quick and relatively painless."
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
LOL
Quote:
"Are you sure I can't just kill her? That _would_ break the familiar link, right? I'll even make it quick and relatively painless."
That or give the brat a good spanking....but what if she's a sadomaochist?..
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell