Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Updates Thread
New Updates Thread
no updates to report, but i figure 420 posts is long enough to start a new thread... so here it is: the new! the improved! the shorter! updates thread!
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Great Day in the Morning...
...Urusei Yatsura: Twenty Years Later is being UPDATED.
Hallelujah.
--Sam
"I didn't know there were ninjas in Japan. Did you?"
Re: Great Day in the Morning...
Oh dear god, the train wreck continues.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Meh.

===============================================
"Puri puri puri puri... Bang!"
That's the aien-shellfish-turn-everyone-into-psychic-lesbians author, right? Pass.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: New Updates Thread
I'm just amazed anybody is still writing Urusei Yatsura fanfiction.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Right, but this is Fred Herriot, right?
At this point its debatable *if* it is actually Uresei Yatsura OR Fanfiction.
A Second Chance at Life by Miranda Flairgold is updated
Bloodlines 20!! o.O
(pouts like a scolded Skuld) Well, I still like Herriot's work. If anything, I've found that the further away a fic is from UY canon, the better it tends to be. ^.^
Let's face it, UY is about a bunch of horrible people getting what they deserve--each other--and there's only so much of that I can take. Fred's theory that Ataru was beginning to grow up toward the end, and everyone else was trying to stop him, is a valid one and a decent place from which to spring a story. I just wish he and Mike would sit down and give it another, thorough editing job... (And rewrite it in something other than the historical present tense.)
*shrug* It's not for everyone, I'll admit that.
On a different note, I'll toot my own horn by announcing an update--the first chapter of Superdimensional Warrior Guyver is now available on ff.net. Nothing new here but a few minor tweaks, but more is in the pipeline...
--Sam
"Comfort, commitment, marriage: what do these words have in common? The letter C. ...Except for marriage."
Quote:
Let's face it, UY is about a bunch of horrible people getting what they deserve--each other--
Agreed.
It seems like 90% of Rumiko Takahashi's characters hail from Douchebag Cit,y who screw each other over for personal gain at a drop of the hat. And those are the good guys! Still, I have a big soft spot for UY. Its the anime that got me into anime in the first place, so I'm more willing to forgive its flaws than most.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
"Ataru was beginning to grow up toward the end, "
An entirely interesting and deep idea. I would be very glad to read a well done story that explored it widely, without resorting to personailty altering alien shellfish.
Sorry, it is just that runs afoul of my own hangups ( the personality alteration via author fiat, not the aliens or the shellfish).
Fred H. might be a decent author, its just that it seems 90% of his stories seem to end up revolving around "nendo-kata"
I think it's less that Ataru was growing up, and more RT was figuring out it was going right past ludicrous into stupid, and her own frustration with the story started showing up in the characters.
I see much the same thing in late Ranma. RT should stick to shorter tightly-plotted stories.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto has been updated, this update including the rather interesting vision of the Kyuubi breaking the fourth wall.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
For the Love of my Friends updated
Chapter 45 of For the Love of my Friends www.fanfiction.net/s/2147268/45/ .
Quote:
On a different note, I'll toot my own horn by announcing an update--the first chapter of Superdimensional Warrior Guyver is now available on ff.net. Nothing new here but a few minor tweaks, but more is in the pipeline...
Welll, *I* like it, at least, and look foreward to more... I almost thgouht there was an official Guyver ripoff for Rifts, but then I realised I was thinking of the AD&D Spelljammer setting's bionoids. Not that it's all that hard to convert form AD&D to Palladium, or anything, assuming one would want to... cool setting, super-lousy mechanics.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
A Thin Veneer has been updated
Quote:
Welll, *I* like it, at least, and look foreward to more... I almost thgouht there was an official Guyver ripoff for Rifts, but then I realised I was thinking of the AD&D Spelljammer setting's bionoids. Not that it's all that hard to convert form AD&D to Palladium, or anything, assuming one would want to... cool setting, super-lousy mechanics.
*grin* Exactly. Wild horses couldn't make me game in that system, but it makes for a terrific bildungsroman/picaresque adventure setting. (And when it's not a game, the nonexistent-balance issues just go away!)
And the bionoids aren't a very accurate ripoff to begin with... at some point I'll probably include my own Rifts writeup of the armor, just for the heck of it.
--Sam
"I think I got a bone bruise."
Well, an accurate ripoff wouldn't gt through the legal department, and would be too strong for D&D's wimpy characters anyway - in terms of 3e, it would probably be a +10-15 ACL template at a minimum, more likely an Epic template. I did play a game in the Rifts setting ocne, but using so many house rules that it couldn't relaly be counted as using the Palladium system any more... and we stil gave p on it as a hoppeless kludge.
Back to the topic, if you go to this Addventure post, then hit "chain view" and tell it to go back 46 episodes, you get an interesting alternative take on the Realms Saga concept of dropping Ranma on Toril by way of being a new godling - in this case, with a sizaeable portion of Lolth's portfolio stolen from Cyric's grasp just as he was killing her to steal it himself. There's a couple of other branches to it, following the last remnant of Lolth as she plays with time to get revenge and takes the action back to Nerima, but if you've read any "new scheming fiancee put everyone over a barrel" fic you've read that plot already, without even the moderate variations in the fork I point out above. There's also a fork from the beginning that uses Naruto instead, but that one's gone even longer without update and adresses the issue of Kyuubi only as an afterthought and poorly.
- CD
ETA: Oh yeah, so far, this thread is worksafe - not always the case on AddventureSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
Scion of Gryffindor
has a new chapter...
Edit: spelling. because typing while a kitty sits on your arm is hard...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
----
Two for one
There's decent odds that I'm the only one following either of these, but The Last Honorable Man and A Vow of Serenity have both just been updated.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puri puri puri puri... Bang!"
Re: Two for one
As has Sic Semper Morituri.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Two for one
Quote:
There's decent odds that I'm the only one following either of these...
Not so decent as you might think, with respect to A Vow of Serenity.
Between that and Sic Semper Morituri . . . Happy Day.
RE: Two for one
Quote:
There's decent odds that I'm the only one following either of these, but ... A Vow of Serenity have both just been updated.
YAAAY! [Image: smile.gif]
*goes off to read*What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?
Missed in the flurry of activity when Iron Age 2 came out, but A Thin Veneer updated back on the 15th.---
Mr. Fnord
Raving blogger
http://www.jihad.net/
"when edison thinks down pipes into special Future Death Machine, in 21st Century another teenager on MySpace gets hit by a car." --Warren Ellis
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"