Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I was watching Ep. 4 of MaiHime...
So I was watching Ep. 4 of MaiHime...
"Youth, a time of great memories to cherish. Being young sometimes drives people in the wrong direction. But that mistake is a thing to be loved."
That wasn't quite what I expected to hear as I entered the campus church, much less from the grey-haired priest walking around at the front.
"God shall forgive you," promised the nun who was walking in the opposite direction past the altar. The kid sat on the floor at the front of the aisle looked like he might not be taking this on board. "Yes, the praise from God -"
"Always rests above you," the pair said in unison, raising hands to gesture to the heavens.
"Ano..." said the boy, raising his hand. Did he need the bathroom or something?
"Yes Takeda-kun."
"I really didn't do it!" he shouted. "Please believe me!"
"I'm well aware you are not the one who committed the sin," the Priest said consolingly.
"Then..." Hope rose.
"The sinful one is the darkness in your heart," the Nun crushed that nascent hope. "Yes, a devil with the name of overwhelming youth."
I sighed, shook my head and then applauded lightly as I walked down the aisle. "Now that's exactly what's wrong with the church today... it's all sex sex sex. Hi, I'm going to be your devil for today and I want you to know, Father Greer, that we're all rooting for you down in hell. You're doing a sterling job and the number of kids you're sending to us - all convinced of their inherent damnation..." I stifled a sob. "It's so beautiful..."
"Who are you!" the priest demanded. "And why have you come to God's house?"
"Just take this young fellow," I said, pointing at Takeda. "He sees and admires a young woman's body. A body given to her by God, graven in God's own image... And yet through the hard work that you two have been doing here, the young woman is driven to anger and shame, and this boy isn't thinking t all about the sacrament of marriage, or of building a honest relationship... no! He's being dragged into guilt and into denial of the natural passions of youth, moving away from the gifts that God gave us and right into our abilwick. Kid, you've got a dark future ahead of you, possibly even damnation. So you just keep wallowing in self-pity and there'll be a special place in hell just for you."
Perhaps I'd pushed him too far - he ran out of the church, past the astounded clergy, as if all the Hounds of Hell were chasing him.
I shook my head. "This young love stuff is dangerous," I observed. "Perhaps even heavenly... So you just keep crushing that in the Devil's name, y'hear me?"
The two of them were still gawping when I strolled out of the building with a casual wave of my hand.
------------------------------------------------------
ANd now I'm working on a MaiHime fic... Megami of Anime, why do you tempt me so?
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
re: So I was watching Ep. 4 of MaiHime...
*dies laughing*
Chalk up another one ^_^.
Quote:
ANd now I'm working on a MaiHime fic... Megami of Anime, why do you tempt me so?
Nate and I bugged them to give us more food for thought. And lo, they actually listened. Guess that means I won't be getting to try that chicken sacrifice. Just as well.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm