Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Who Hunt FanSubs (Plot Bunny)
Those Who Hunt FanSubs (Plot Bunny)
I was just coming out of the local gathering when the treasurer noted that the club funds (kept as coins) were beginning to reach the point of generating their own gravitational field due to the weight. (this happens occasionally but is inevitably resolved when we lose access to free venues and have to pay)
With my 'razor wit', I asked to be informed if a dimensional vortex opened, as I would like Undocumented Features on DVD please. Not an uncommon request.
Unfortunately, as I wrestled with the door, a plot bunny leapt out and lynched me.
A group of geeks, using accidental transfictional dimensional travel not to meet their favorite characters, but to find the series that they really want to see but that don't exist in their own world. Like Undocumented Features, the anime. Magical Princess Evangelia. The original episodes 7-13 of Bubblegum Crisis. You get the idea.
And, being me, I had to get the idea off my chest.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Those Who Hunt FanSubs (Plot Bunny)
I've been wanting to do just that sense Transformers went off the air the first time... About the time that I realized that 'The Brady Bunch' is just plain awful (I was 9 at the time).
Though, I've also wanted to do this dimensional jump thing to get copies of series with a slightly different plot line. How different would TV be today if 'Happy Days' didn't jump the shark? What would have happened if the 'X-files' didn't turn to crap in the last few seasons (when they ditched Mulder)? What would TV be like without the 1986 censors preventing kids from hearing swears on TV? You know the ones words they use constantly while in the back of the school bus.
So if your going to do a plot like that, make sure to include charicters bickering over what changes would make which series better.
What if someone had killed Sonny Bono before he went to court? ^_^
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
You mean Congress?

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...