Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody Potter bunnies, why won't they leave me alone!?
Bloody Potter bunnies, why won't they leave me alone!?
It was aproximately two minutes after the man appeared before a second man, in the grey robes and cloak with the face-obscuring charm of an Unspeakable, stepped up beside him, grabbed his shoulder, and portkeyed away, two minutes in which the haunted eyes flitted from one building to the next in Diagon Alley, a face pale and scarred from too much time in battle or on the run slack in wonder at the colors, the sounds, the LIFE in this place, in this time. Two minutes in which something of a stir had been caused, as passerby noticed the rather distinctive scar on a person far too old-looking to be the one that scar belonged on...
When the duo reappeared, it was inside a very heavily warded room, physically sealed form the outside by a vault-like door. The ragged figure who'd been so unexpectely brought here ducked out of the Unspeakable's grasp and rolled clear, firing a barrage of staggeringly powerful battle magic, which the mysterious official was only barely able to dodge - the one shield he'd been able to get up had shattered with a particulalry pathetic pop form one of the less-intense and poorest aimed hexes - and which blasted, slashed, burned, vanished, and shredded large divots out of the walls, wards or no. Fortunately, the shock reaction passed quickly, and both men relaxed slowly form their ready crouches.
"Well, I suppose that settles whether you're really Harry Potter, then, doesn't it?" remarked the Unspeakable. He puled down the hood of his cloak, allowing the face-hiding charm to dissipate. "Which leaves me. I'm Punctuality Wessex, from the Office of Temporal Adjustment. Unfortuanately, Mr. potter, you've used a non-approved method of time travel, meaning one that can actually change the past rather than already being accounted for in consensus-time as with a Time Turner, and that means you're going to have to face some restrictions on your actions before seing the light of day, as we can't allow any meddling with time, even with the best of intentions."
An eyebrw crossed by a famous scar arched in wry amusement. "Well, we have something of a problem, then," the Man-Who-Survived murmured, "because while my scanning spells aren't strong enoguh to have gotten much form Europe, I can tell you that at the time I left I was most likely the last human alive in Britain, and certainly the last wizard... it seems a certain enemy of mine had a doomsday pact to insure that if he was ever truly killed, the rest of the world would go down with him."

...AND STAY THERE, FOUL SPAWN OF THE LEPUS!!
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Eh, you ain't the only one ...
... because I keep wondering what would happen if pre-Hogwarts Harry got himself an Intelligent Device. Then turned out to be the Admiral's grandson or something like that (well, the guy said he was an Englishman originally).
Certainly, he and Fate would be able to trade horror stories about the ways they were both brought up.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: Eh, you ain't the only one ...
I think Fate had it worse; nothing quite hurts as someone you idolize/love telling you she hates you -- although that doesn't justify Harry's treatment.
But that'd be an intriguing storyline... Slave away, Griever. =P
Griever, now you've got me finding bunnies.
--
"Ah, excuse us, but are you Mr. Potter?"
Harry and the Weasleys turn to the voice, and saw two young women who looked almost exactly alike.
Harry nodded reluctantly, "I'm Harry Potter."
The twins smiled at him, "Ah, that's good. We were told you would be here," said the left one.
"Yeah! I'm Lotte, and this is my sister Aria. We're here on behalf of your great-uncle, who's just recently returned to this wor-- ow!" Lotte was cut off as Aria jabbed her in the ribs.
"That is," continuted Aria, " He's just recently returned to the country after a long time away, and had just heard of the death of his neice and her husband."
Lotte spoke up again, "And, of course, about how his grand-nephew was living with his other neice..." She trailed off and looked at her sister.
"Yes. We visited there when we returned this spring, and things, well, lets just say they didn't go too well." Aria frowned at the memory. "But needless to say, Father immediatly started a custody... well, you can't call it a battle, because those worthless excuses for human beings are all but throwing you at him..."
Harry stood stunned. Yet more relatives popping up from nowhere! And from his mother's side of the familly, too! "You mean... that my grand-uncle is taking me away from the Dursley's?"
The twins shared a look, then Aria turned back to Harry. "Yes Harry. Not one of us could stand for you to be in that place. Father, that is, your grand-uncle, has been trying to reach you, but wherever this school of yours is, we can't find it through any conventional means."
"So we got from the Dursley's where and when to pick you up for the summer, and here we are!" Lotte smiled brightly.
---
Something of a start, yesno?
Quote:
... because I keep wondering what would happen if pre-Hogwarts Harry got himself an Intelligent Device. Then turned out to be the Admiral's grandson or something like that (well, the guy said he was an Englishman originally).
Yep. And, there should be noteworthy amusement value in seeing what a villain who thinks that Avada Kedavra is all that would say or feel, staring down barrel of Starlight Breaker.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Uncle! Uncle!
(Starlight Breaker does tend to have an intimidating effect)
...okay, having dismissed Jigoku Shojo as a new anime to follow (I liked it better when it was 100 Ghost Stories/Requiem from the Darkness, and the art was better too... thoguh it's so tempting to put the "Pitiful soul, bound in darkness" speech in someone's mouth to say to Neji) it looks like I must give Fate:Stay Night a look.
- CD
ETA: And this is me laughing, imagining Hermione's reaction to the notion of summoning apparently-human Servants to fight in bloody battle...SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Drogan. I demand that you continue that story. [Image: smile.gif]
*feeds the bunny*
Especially when he gets to meet Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha.... [Image: wink.gif] --
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
OK....you guys are doing weird things to my brain. Either that, or the plot bunnies are contagious. Suddenly my mind is trying its best to convince me that I really want to do a Harry Potter/Honor Harrington crossover, with Honor as the new DADA teacher....make it stop!
-Feinan
Whoa.... HP fandom really is the ultimate crossover ho. Not that I can see what Honor would teach as magic per se, but a little coup de vitesse wouldn't hurt, and perhaps her extansive treecat telepathy experience could help with the Legillimency thing.
--
Attitude and strategy too. =P
Honor doesn't get pissy or throw tantrums. She gets even. And this is something that Harry doesn't really understand -- nor for that matter does Ron however good he is at chess. -_-;
GAH!
potter/honor bunnies are coating my floor - I've been stomping them, they are nature's bubble wrap.
Magiogravitic lensing.
Magical Hyper Waves
Treecat Wizards
Tail Magic vs. Wand Magic.
The Republic of Haven national school of magic, Beauxbottoms
Hagrid, a Sphinxian.
Minerva McGonagall, Queen of Manticore.
Prime Minister Dumbledore.
Chief Inspector Viktor Crum-Cachat
god.. it hurts.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: Bloody Potter bunnies, why won't they leave me alone!?
Quidditch balls, espescially the Snitch, have pretty much got to be warded against have spells put on them, rught? Thoguh it seems house-elf magic is stronger. Well, what if snitches actually bounce spells back at their caster? Might a quidditch-brained boy like Harry or Ron not think of releasing a horde of snitches during a death eater attack, to cause confusion and hopefully take out some of the bastards with their own reflected spells? It would require circumstances allowing there to BE a bunch of them handy - a Diagon Alleyattecvkk wile beside/inside the quidditch shop, frex.
--