Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eyrie!
New Eyrie!
A new series, even - though with sidewise ties to Hopelessly Lost. Enter, the Iron Age!
- CD w00tfulSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: New Eyrie!
*slobber**********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
So damn cool!
I'd been hoping HL would get resurrected, but this is even better.
Plus, hehe, got to love the oldschool design on that tin can.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
It's out on RAAC now, both newsfeed and archive (look in the BGC directory for the subdir named "The Iron Age").
Gryphon didn't waste much time.
Jeanne
"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

[Image: purdue.gif]
www.jhedge.com

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
o/' Iron Man lives again!
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Well you know what they say, old irons never die, they just run out of steam.
- CD o/~ Iron Man, Iron man/Does whatever an iron can... o/~SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Well you know what they say, old irons never die, they just run out of steam.
Ouch!! Bad pun, penalty on the play, 5 yards! ^_^
Seriously...
...Just read it and... Damn...
I couldn't ever really get into Hopelessly Lost. I figure it probably DID get very good later, but the opening chapter... Pretty clumsy, as Gryphon is saying.
But this... This has all the potential to be incredibly silly. There's a whole bunch of geeky "knowing winks" and nods and homages. In fact it dances on the edge of silliness with manic glee, and yet never falls in. Gryph is a _GOOD_ writer to get me to completely buy into a story that has the OLD grey Iron Man suit and the Knight Sabers slick hardsuits existing in the same universe, at the same time, just for an example. As usual, when Gryph is on his game, it's the characters who sell the story, even if a couple of them are self inserts.
-Logan
-----------------
Crow T. Robot: Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.
-----------------
And this suit was slapped together at the last minute, hasn't been overhauled much, and hasn't even been worn in 5 years.
Imagine what he could do if he UPGRADED it?
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Letsee... if Gryph gives the Knight Sabers the tech for his repulsors and the uni-thingamajig (the name escapes me), and Sylia and Mackie help to streamline and make Iron Man more maneuvrable...
I see much ass kicking in the future.
Oh, and this line left me giggling like a schoolgirl:
Quote:
IN THE GRIM FUTURE OF HELLO NENE THERE IS ONLY WAR!
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
The name for iron Man's chest light is called a "uni-beam".Why it should be called that when it can project any form of electromagnetic radiation from infrared up to ultra-violet is something that only Stan Lee could answer."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"-Colonel VanHeusen , from "It! The Terror From Beyond Space"
Quote:
Quote:
IN THE GRIM FUTURE OF HELLO NENE THERE IS O

[/quote]
Oh yes. The Hello Kitty/Warhammer 40K reference. I have the pic somewhere around here (rummage...rummage) Ah! Yes, here we go:

[Image: hellokitty.jpg]-Logan
-----------------
Crow T. Robot: Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.
-----------------
Quote:
The name for iron Man's chest light is called a "uni-beam".Why it should be called that when it can project any form of electromagnetic radiation from infrared up to ultra-violet is something that only Stan Lee could answer.
Because it only projects a single beam, no matter what? Or maybe it's a "unified" beam weapon?
Or maybe I'm just taking this too seriously.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Universal Beam?--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Cool, and there's a blog too, in the tradition of Doc Raven @ a.f.bgcrisis. Of which starkwire.livejournal.com/1442.html is making me go 'Huh!?!?' in trying to find the commonality, is it Olympics, Trams, rivers unfit to swim in, gloomy locals....
--Rod.H
If you look at the previous post, it mentions that Rio is not one of his five favorite cities outside the US.
The post you refer to is, in fact, the five favorites.
HTH. HAND.Brazil has decided you're cute.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Ah....illumination. I hadn't caught that in my reading of the blog, but then had I've read down-top instead of top-down like I did, then perhaps it would've made a bit more...sense.
--Rod.H
Quote:
Quote:
IN THE GRIM FUTURE OF HELLO NENE THERE IS O

[/quote]
The first mental image that shot through my head when I read that line involved Nene in her red and pink Hardsuit, a squad of similar colored Adeptus Sororitas and the Hello Kitty Cybot.What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?What if: Chibi Usa, Veteran Speznas Ninja Commando From Hell(tm)?