Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Just Had A Horrible Suspicion...
I've Just Had A Horrible Suspicion...
...Indirectly and unintentionally influenced by various Harry Potter fics I've read recently, I came up with a horrible, terrible idea. If I'm correct, it would explain a few things that have been taken for granted with little or no explanation. If I'm correct, it's going to throw a huge monkey wrench into the way the final book in the series is going to go
I have acquired the sneaking, horrible suspicion that Harry's scar is one of Voldemort's horcruxes. Possibly one that no one -- not even Voldemort -- knows about it.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Re: I've Just Had A Horrible Suspicion...
I've considered that myself, and it has been brought up before.
Most of the responses is that JKR wouldn't be *that* cruel, but considering the fact that she seems to love giving HP (and the fans) metaphorical kicks to the goodies with every book, I wouldn't be surprised.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
It's been floating around in the ether pretty much ever since the book came out. That suspicion I mean.
Personally, I think that'd be interesting, but to make it an appropriately dramatic and gloomy story, they'd have to make Ginny be one of them as well and have her kill herself to faciliate Voldie's defeat.
Just, y'know, thinking out loud.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Wait, is simply destroying all the horcruxes sufficient for getting rid of Voldemort, or does Harry have to destroy all of them and make sure Voldemort is killed as well?
If so, some magical analogue to Vegeta's Final Explosion attack might be helpful to him. -----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!
I've toyed around witht he 'Harry as a horcrux' idea, but I don't think it holds any water. IIRC, Tom Riddle was obsessed witht the number seven, so he would probably have wanted to know what each of his horcruxes was.
And anyways, his entire purpose on that Halloween night was to kill Harry. Why make into a horcrux something you're trying to destroy?*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Ifso,It would have been unintentional"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Is it possible to make a horcrux unintentionally? I don't think so... possibly it requirest elaborate components and and a ritual of soe sort....
but then there is some merit to the argument because harry did get something from The Dark Tosser...._____________________________
HK-47: "Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds"
Well... not a horcrux in and of itself. But it seems like Harry shares a connection with Voldemort and has gained some of his powers. Maybe the connection means their souls are connected too so that when he kills Voldemort, he kills himself too.
An unintended Horcrux?
Voldemort most likely intended to make a Horcrux from killing when he went to Godric's Hollow. Using the death of the person prophecied to kill him to guarantee his eternal life has obvious appeal.
Therefore, he will have done whatever spells and rituals were necessary to create an Horcrux. The only missing component was a death, and there was a death that night.
It seems plausible enough that this could have created an Horcrux, as Voldemort intended, but not out of the intended object.
It would also explain the mental link between Harry and Voldemort, and why Haryy can speak Parseltongue.
Re: An unintended Horcrux?
Oh nicely, nicely argued O_o put it that way and I can see it happening.
I wonder what moldymort wanted to use as a horcrux? Harry's baby body??_____________________________
HK-47: "Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds"
Probably not his body -- might have been Nagini if he had her at that time, or maybe her predecessor. The death would just have been a power source.
What I hadn't considered was something implied above -- that Voldemort -- or whatever was his original intended vessel -- might be a horcrux for Harry instead of the other way around.
In the mean time, I'm just a little disappointed to discover that rather than stumbling on something new and intriguing, I'm actually a bit behind the curve on the subject...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Think of it this way, Bob.
You have a life.
We troll mailing lists.
No real question about who got the better deal here, no?
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
I suppose not. And I know for a fact Peggy thinks I spend to much time on the computer as it is...

-- Bob
---------