Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Ooh, I think so Brain! Oh, wait, but no - if Xander had dressed as an ex-SOLDIER instead of a soldier that halloween, where would he get a sword that size when things turned back into costumes? Narf!
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Been done. Been done badly. Not going there.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: ...
Granted, I was only looking using FFn's somewhat dodgy search engine, but I didn't find anything of the sort. Of course, I'm not really intested in examples of it being done badly. Still, there's got to be a couple of the less egregious Xander Sue writers out there who've also seen FF7:AC and been reminded of how much they liked the game.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
The "What if Xander wore costume on Halloween" idea has been done to death.
So much so, that better authors that *do* come up with good ideas are disinclined to write it.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Ah, I see. They have that tragic psychological disorder - what was it again? Something about having a sense of dignity...
It's a relatively early point where the most popular pseudocannon-Sue character canonically undergoes an arbitrary and easily adapted personality and memory altering event - in other words, an obvious point to make a divergence. Just because many others have also seen its value as a starting point shouldn't make a difference, I say.
- CD
Edit: I found an X-as-Sephiroth Halloween fic, Mako Eyes, but it falls in a similar general category as the various Naruto fics where Kyuubi decides to respect and help Naruto in the prologue and is using a semi-permanent kage bunshin body by chapter three. I'm finding it entertaining, but not really anything of high quality.That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
--