Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers have been built on flimsier evidence
Crossovers have been built on flimsier evidence
Along with 2030s Sylia Stingray it would seem that Umino Iruka of Naruto is a part of the Macross universe, shown here on a mission for the Anti-UN forces, about to release the islander priestess in Macross Zero, ca 2007 or so. It is to wonder how many shinobi survived the Zentran bombardment - the villiages were propbably targeted for the massed lifesigns, but a good number of the ones out on missions probably made it - they're damn hard to kill, and the survivors would be invaluable in the Reconstruction era, both because of the ability to take on malcontents and for the contstruction utility of higher-level stone jutsu or medium-large summoned creatures. A nin-puppetteer modified variable fighter would kick all kinds of ass, too.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: Crossovers have been built on flimsier evidence
I don't know what it is, but my mind has been stuck on Naruto, lately.
Now, I don't write fanfiction like, it would seem, most of the people here, so bear with me.

First idea I had was a Naruto vs. Terminator crossover. Maybe in the setting of a fallen metropolis. Then I realized that having an enourmously destructive car chase scene in such a setting would be at best problematic.

Second thought I had, since Naruto strongly reminds me of DBZ in some ways, was "What if [character here] decended from Vegeta/Goku in some way?" leading to "What if [character here] somehow managed to become Super Saiyan?" which led to me giggling for a few seconds at the idea of a Super Saiyan Sakura staring [insert character] down with eyes that are now somewhat greener and crazy hair. Then I realized the myriad inherent difficulties in meshing DBZ with Naruto (in particular: ki vs. chakra, strength levels, and how any Naruto character is supposed to reach the base level of strength for being able to transform).
Super Saiyan Sakura would still rock, though. Or, hell, Lee. Either one.

Third thought I had: Sasuke dropped into the Marvel universe (well, maybe not the most recent one; I never really kept up, but I know NOTHING about the most recent state of affairs.) He would be taken for a mutant, probably (which would, technically, be true, given the canon explaination of what Bloodline Limits are). The idea of a Sasuke Chidori-ing Juggernaut only to get knocked through a wall for his trouble makes me giggle (or, hey, it might actually work after a fashion and stun or hurt old Juggernaut; I'm not intimately familiar on Marvel mechanics). Plus: I wonder how they'd take his cursed seal? And the character interaction could be pure gold. Or hey, substitute Gaara for Sasuke. That could be interesting.

Forth thought I had: Sasuke as a film noir detective. Just because. (Plus, the third dot in the Sharingan could make him unnaturally good with a gun if he worked at it).
Fifth thought: Gaara as Harry Potter. I don't know why I thought of that and I'll try not to do it again.
Sixth thought: [Image: GaaraOHYEAH.gif]
Seventh thought was, "Hey, I've run out of thoughts!"
-Angryoptimist,
yeah, I don't know what that was all about, either.
(EDIT: it also upsets me somewhat that, in no Naruto fanfiction I've ever seen, has any character ever said, upon seeing Gaara, "Oh, look, it's Feyd/Sting.") Two great tastes that go great together!
Well, since I've been on a Bleach kick lately, one plotbunny that I came up with had Hitsugaya Toushiro going undercover at Hogwarts to investigate the ghosts there and recruiting Karin and Yuzu to help him (since he knows next to nothing about the mortal world).
How would Nearly-Headless Nick respond to someone who could finish his decapitiation? What would Filch say about having a giant ice sculpture of a dragon turn up in the Great Hall. And how dangerous would Karin be as a Beater? How would Dumbledore respond to an irate Ichigo and Isshin should the slightest harm (or Snape) happen to Yuzu. And how would Hitsugaya cope with being a student again?
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
What if Tsukiko (Paranoia Agent) could use Shonen Bat as a Stand, like in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?
(Oh, and, regardless of how Dumbledore would respond to an irate Ichigo, he ought to respond with apparating as far away from him as he possibly can. )-----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
- Chris Knight, Real Genius Two great tastes that go great together!
Hmm, and it occurs to me that most of the Belach cast would react negatively to a bunch of guys in obscuring robes and WHITE MASKS.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Hoo-yep, the first instance of Deatheaters apperating in with members of the Bleach-crew around (ie any Shinigami) will result in...well the perenial favourite mental image of the frog in a blender comes to mind.
Still, Yoruichi in cat form we got some Sailor Moon potential there. Not to mention the fun & games with 'his' human VA www.animenewsnetwork.com/...php?id=278
Not quite Kotono Mitsuishi level of interest but getting there.
--Rod.H
"Sousuke! SIT!"
Re: Re: Crossovers have been built on flimsier evidence
I am confused.
Yoruich is a she, right?
Warning! Spoiler Image!
dirac.dyndns.org:8080/Man...158-17.png

ROFL, Sylia(BGC 2040) has same VA as Kagome(Inu Yasha)?
Re: Re: Crossovers have been built on flimsier evidence
Quote:
Yoruich is a she, right?
Yes, but in talking cat form a male voice is used. Hence Ichigo was extremly surprised at the hot spring bath when Yoruchi shifted to human-form.
Hey, I said the VA shift-ptrope would get interesting. Just imagine 2040Sylia switching with Kaname...
--Rod.H