Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Idea...
Random Idea...
Tinkering around with the idea of a megacrossover fic.. possibly one making use of Super Robot Wars as a launching point... Original Generation, though, to give it some sort of asemblance of a plot (I could do SRW Alpha, I suppose, but it already IS a megacrossover with a discrete plot.. and an end as of Alpha 3).
I've been trying to decide where to begin.. and finally was struck with the idea of sitting down and writing out character bios.. sort of as a writing exercise.. kinda like UF's BPGD.. Just so I have a grasp on the story's versions of various characters..

Has anyone else done this before? Idle curiosity...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
mmm
I don't recall it being done, but being a fan of SRW, I can definitely see the good points of that.
RE: Profiles...
Zengar's profile, naturally, wrote itself.
Team PTX2 (The Academy guys) are gonna be a pain.. especially since most of them aren't really sure who THEY are anymore. (See: Aya Kobayashi/Rebi Tora)
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Re: RE: Profiles...
hmm has anyone seen the anime super robot wars? I think I saw episode one a long while back then nothing for quite a while..._____________________________
HK-47: "Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds"
It's a 3 part OVA series, several months betwen releases.
The second one came out not TOO long ago with a special appearance by Masaki & Cybuster.
The third one will have... Da-da-da-da-da-da-DAI-Zen-gar!
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
unrelated idea
On the topic of crossovers -
'Kannazuki no Miki'
... starring Miki Kaoru as one of the heads of the Orochi, Juri as the priestess of the Moon, and Utena as the priestess of the sun ...
Other cameos to appear as appropriate.

'Increasingly volatile':
... he suspected that there was something wrong when his boss, incidentially the boss of an organization dedicated to protecting the Earth from the misuse of ancient relics, suddenly decides he ought to switch schools.
... he was almost certain when he found out it was a prestigous boarding school rather than a public one like the ones he used to attend.
... he was annoyed that this was happening not even a few weeks into his scheduled 'downtime'.
... so understandably, he was a little put off by these things.
... more so by the stuck up attitudes he encountered when he got there.
... even more so by the weird architecture and decor of the place, because, frankly, they reminded him too much of work ...
... and _then_ he knew the vacation would be shot to hell ...
... because he'd followed the one person he'd managed to hit it off with from the start, and ended up watching her fight some green haired guy with actual swords, on an arena in the clouds, and with an inverted castle floating overhead.
... the name is Ominae Yu. The place is Ohtori Academy. The time is now.
And the situation is becoming ... Increasingly volatile

'A Zone Out':
... her shell was was deemed to dangerous to exist. She was written off as an acceptable loss.
... he was her best friend.
... is it any wonder that he did what he did?
... though, admittedly, the results weren't quite what he'd expected them to be, and going adrift in space, after being cryogenically preserved within her shell's cockpit, had seemed like a good idea at the time.
... now Leo Stenbuck and ADA must face not only the uncertain future, but also weather the attacks from the shades of a turbulent past.
... he also has to deal with the fact that the people who woke them are just plain ... weird.
"Mr. Alieeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!"

-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: unrelated idea
Quote:
... the name is Ominae Yu. The place is Ohtori Academy. The time is now.
And the situation is becoming ... Increasingly volatile

Utena/Spriggan?!
Y'know, it's just weird enough to work.*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
Re: unrelated idea
I feel terribly sorry for the first chucklehead to get on Yu's nerves.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
heh
It was going to be Utena/ARMS originally, but that would have been a mite too easy for the protagonist.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm