Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Bang and Lisa

*grin*
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote: Necratoid wrote:

On a base topic note... Won't random escaped lab animals with Doug's mutant gene only end up with random not-Pokemon attacks and/or magical girl
mascots running wild in cyberpunk Tokyo?

I read that as Pokemon Cyberpunk.

'Street Samurai Pikachu! I choose you!'

Quote: Necratoid wrote:

On a base topic note... Won't random escaped lab animals with Doug's mutant gene only end up with random not-Pokemon attacks and/or magical girl
mascots running wild in cyberpunk Tokyo?

Well, it would certainly explain why all these animals need trainers. Just like Doug they get fantastic superpowers, but only when other
people
call out certain codephrases. So a Street Sam Pikachu is just an above-average intlligence rat until someone starts yelling
"Thunderbolt" at it.

It would also explain why the trainer needs to get good. He has to be able to read his partner well enough to know not only when its tactical prudent to use
his superpowers, but also when the partner is able to do so. Yelling "thunderbolt" while your partner is getting punched in the face may be a
fraction of a second to slow (or too fast) to make a difference in the fight!

God damn you, now I want to play this...

----------------

Epsilon

Actually, that's more like Zatch Bell than Pokemon...

That would be Zatch Bell-like.

The thing about Pokemon is that Pokemon are animals... which in D&D terms means that they all get -6 intelligence... so the average is 4 not the human 10.
For a base line 10 IQ points, when under say 20 Int. So unless you have said An Alakazam, which has an IQ of over 5000 as a baseline... the Pokemon runs on
instinct rather than actually thinking... which means unless defending is home, pack, or packed into a corner with no escape... its best option when confronted
with something powerful is to run like hell. So if a ten year old human has a base line of 7-8 int its still twice as smart as the average Pokemon. Its a
case of 'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king'... Pokemon that don't listen either think the trainer is a moron and it can do better
on its own, are new and don't realise the trainer is smarter than them (4 int vs. 8 int), or aren't going to play the game and will ignore them to
fight on its own. There are also theories that the pokeballs hynotize /brainwash /drug the into submission... which would explain why the ones rarely in their
balls are smarter than the others... I think the badges and the 6 Pokemon only thing is like the leadership feat... its your charisma/presence that allows them
to control the Pokemon. The badges add bonuses to leadership along with the stat boosting effects. The reason for the 6 Pokemon limit is that the average
trainer will be unable to control/influence/lead more than 6-8 average Pokemon. After that point they stop all obeying and you risk rampages. Some types,
like Psychic types, only listen to people that are at some level psychic.

Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines as a escaped lab rat breeding the mutant genes into the rat population and a few months later random mutant rats
jumping rogue' boomers in defense. Or complaints about blue things stealing food from stores.

On a side notes... why is 'Pokemon' in the spellchecker and 'anime' and 'fanfiction' not?

Oh, and speaking of shotgunning anime...

Our local club used to run a format of a 3-hour weekly session, showing two episodes of each of two series.

One year they decided to go for "brain melt".

Shows in question:

Evangelion

Utena

Kodocha.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Motoko's age
How old is Motoko by the time they reach the Crystal Tokyo era? Given immortality and all, I'm not sure how mature or immature she'd be acting. Rob
suggested somewhere around 1,000 years old, which would make it very interesting to have a 1,000 year old who looks 23 or so wandering around Megatokyo. I
recall she was boy-crazy initially, but is she still chasing anything cute in tight jeans, or is she more world-wise? Another side ot that... is she so
world-wise she analyzes things to death now, or is she still spontaneous (and capable of silly mistakes as a result?)

Rob's lent me the first two seasons, so I have some material to study up on now. Wow... first time I've ever referred to an anime as
"research". [Image: smile.gif]
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I dunno, I once got to write off buying an RPG as a business expense.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Oh, I so have to ask for clarification on that acronym... role-playing game or rocket-propelled grenade? [Image: tongue.gif]

--Sam

"Sidekicks don't kiss!"

Umm, Dragonflight? if you are asking about Sailor Jupiter's age, then the name you want is 'Makoto', not 'Matoko' (which makes me picture
The Major from Ghost in the Shell)

Quote:Umm, Dragonflight? if you are asking about Sailor Jupiter's age, then the name you want is 'Makoto', not 'Matoko' (which makes me picture The Major from Ghost in the Shell)
Could have been worse - he could have spelled the name "Motoko".

(Plotbunny, free to a good home: Unknown to the rest of the girls at Hinata-sou, their resident kendo expert is in reality a reincarnated warrior from the Silver Millenium...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:Could have been worse - he could have spelled the name "Motoko".
He did, in the message subject.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

So he did...

Bishojo Senshi Love Hina, anyone? 8)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

Oh, I so have to ask for clarification on that acronym... role-playing game or rocket-propelled grenade? [Image: tongue.gif]

--Sam

"Sidekicks don't kiss!"

Role-playing game. I was editing a supplement for Pendragon, and didn't have the latest edition rules (I was about two editions behind), so I bought
the new one and wrote it off as a business expense.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

I have this same problem with math. If there's a correct answer, and four incorrect ones, I'll find all four *wrong* ways to do it before I finally use
the correct solution.

I blame my Motoko references to a friend of mine who's been raving lately about how the Ghost in the Shell SAC movie was such a dramatic spin for the
series and Kusanagi in general. So it sorta go mixed up in there.

Although, come to think of it, Kusanagi as Sailor Jupiter... There's a scary thought.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

So what other ass-kickers could we swap in...

Priss as Sailor Mars, perhaps? Both are fiery-tempered singers...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.